Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Problem with Applejack

Drunkfrank

Great video!

Applejack is one of my favorite characters but, her episodes are very repetitive due to her character arc being

finished before the pilot was even finished.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

Great video!

Applejack is one of my favorite characters but, her episodes are very repetitive due to her character arc being finished before the pilot even finished.

Thanks! Applejack has a lot of potential as I said, She has so much room for improvement and I know she can be better. I love her and want the writing staff to give her something as great as the other mane 6 have gotten. In the past two seasons.

• Brohoof 1

@Ryanmahaffe

You're Welcome! :D

Also, I'd like another Applejack, Rarity & Twilight Sparkle episode to make up for how disappointing I found "Applejack's "Day" Off" to be.

Those three are an interesting pair, but they could just as much make for an interesting episode rather than a dull one, so yes... I would like to see them in an episode again together.

• Brohoof 1

@Ryanmahaffe

I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out who Applejack needs to spend more time with. How about Fluttershy?

Fluttershy works, they had a good episode in season 6, I think I would want a full episode featuring Applejack and Twilight though, as I don't think they have ever really been paired as the two main characters.

• Brohoof 1

The staff forgot about Applejack:sealed: AJ character is just 'perfect' as she is now so there is nothing you can do with her like some dramatic character development without breaking her character, her flaws are not enough to exploit like Starlight and she doesn't have any goals and dreams to form a story arc or anything. Only role of AJ i can think of is her voice of reason as a straight man in the group of drama queen, bouncing pony, nerdy princess, shy one, and arrogant flyer but Starlight can fill that role as well. Applejack need some dramatic turning point of her character or else, that what you get so far, even Apple Bloom or Big Mac have more character development than Applejack. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Lambdadelta said:

The staff forgot about Applejack:sealed: AJ character is just 'perfect' as she is now so there is nothing you can do with her like some dramatic character development without breaking her character, her flaws are not enough to exploit like Starlight and she doesn't have any goals and dreams to form a story arc or anything. Only role of AJ i can think of is her voice of reason as a straight man in the group of drama queen, bouncing pony, nerdy princess, shy one, and arrogant flyer but Starlight can fill that role as well. Applejack need some dramatic turning point of her character or else, that what you get so far, even Apple Bloom or Big Mac have more character development than Applejack. 

Agreed, that is why I suggest writers like Sammie and Whitney, they did such a fantastic job with Fluttershy in A Heath of Information and showing a new side to her character and I think people like them could to the same with our beloved AJ

4 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

I think I would want a full episode featuring Applejack and Twilight though, as I don't think they have ever really been paired as the two main characters.

Yes! I would really like an Applejack & Twilight Sparkle episode.

Y'know, I don't think we've had an episode centered around Applejack & Twilight, now that you mention it. :huh:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

9 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Agreed, that is why I suggest writers like Sammie and Whitney, they did such a fantastic job with Fluttershy in A Heath of Information and showing a new side to her character and I think people like them could to the same with our beloved AJ

I am not sure about that, not everyone can 'get' all the characters, Sammie and Whitney can 'get' Fluttershy character but that doesn't mean they could do the same with Applejack. Fox brothers made a terrible AJ episode but they made amazing Discordant Harmony, David Rapp made Newbie Dash and Where the Apple lie (Ok episodes) but he made Flutter Brutter, two of them did a fantastic job with Fluttershy but not the same with other character. I think story director has something to do it, Spike and Fluttershy got better in the last two seasons, they got better performance as main character and supporting character and look like they will keep doing so and I heard the next episode (leaked) involving AJ and RD is not good so... we need a story direct who 'get' AJ and give her some directions.

3 hours ago, Lambdadelta said:

I am not sure about that, not everyone can 'get' all the characters, Sammie and Whitney can 'get' Fluttershy character but that doesn't mean they could do the same with Applejack. Fox brothers made a terrible AJ episode but they made amazing Discordant Harmony, David Rapp made Newbie Dash and Where the Apple lie (Ok episodes) but he made Flutter Brutter, two of them did a fantastic job with Fluttershy but not the same with other character. I think story director has something to do it, Spike and Fluttershy got better in the last two seasons, they got better performance as main character and supporting character and look like they will keep doing so and I heard the next episode (leaked) involving AJ and RD is not good so... we need a story direct who 'get' AJ and give her some directions.

Well you never know who will be good or bad at something, you can merely hope and guess, Sammie and Whitney also seem to know how to pace an episode really well, are good at writing comedy and interactions, maybe they would fumble AJ, maybe they would give us something great, who knows.. But I would love to see them try.

Edit: As for the AJ/RD one, I have heard mix things, some saying it's eh, and some saying it is good. So I don't expect much, but nevertheless something okay. The real season 8 AJ episode to look forward to is Sounds of Silence and maaaybe 

Spoiler

A Rockhoof in a Hard Place

Edited by Ryanmahaffe