Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

PM bug?

Sphinx-Ara

So I have noticed that whenever I click on the popup notification or the one on the top right corner for a PM, it will bring me to the first page of the PMs if it is a multipage PM.

Is this going to be fixed soon?

Also, mutiple spoilers don't seem to want to work either

Edited by Wyld Fyre
  • Brohoof 4

Yeah, it is slightly inconvenient. :twi:
This was reported some time ago, so for more information, visit this thread:

2 hours ago, Wyld Fyre said:

Also, mutiple spoilers don't seem to want to work either

Could you provide more information?
What exactly happens or doesn't work?

My first tip would be using the spoiler button from the toolbar, instead of putting BBCode, if you happen to put these that way, that is. :P 
5bvws2N.gif
Click that button while in spoiler to create another inside.
For example, double click it.

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 3

20 hours ago, Wyld Fyre said:

Ah I might have misdone one of the spoilers or something as I was putting the tag in manually, but I might try next time. I was am using Chrome on my desktop

Manually putting spoiler bbcodes is kinda bugged and I recommend not using these at all, as weird unexpected things tend to happen that way. :derp: 
It's better to initialize these while in editor (using button from the toolbar) and see what exactly happens, than make the software convert the code and create these on the fly when posting.
Actually I was going into details some time ago, so perhaps take a look at this thread if you'd like to get more information, as well as some tips and stuff..

However, I do admit, that I haven't used the spoiler bbcode tags in ages, so I'm not sure if anything has changed since then. Perhaps they have somehow fixed that, perhaps still not, so at this point I may be mistaking. Personally I broke so many posts that way, even in the very first week after the upgrade, so I just don't dare to try that again. :twi: I eventually got used to that button. I swear I generated hours of work having to fix the misplaced text and that kind of things caused by spoiler tags. :rarity: Button is nice, [ spoiler ] tags not. :derp: 
I may give it a closer look someday and see...

• Brohoof 2

In my experience, nesting BBcode is risky - it's best used for one-shot type work - ie - an image, a quote, a spoiler. If you try to nest say, a quote inside a spoiler, it's prone to trouble (mostly because parsing it is much more challenging). The editor uses raw html, so that is why it is safer.

• Brohoof 2