Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Games Got You Into Gaming?

ultrairongorilla

Playing games like the Banjo Kazooie series, War Of The Monsters on Playstation 2, Destroy All Humans, Star Wars Battlefront games, Ratchet and Clank games, Gauntlet Dark Legacy, and oddly enough Simpsons Hit & Run, and Road Rage were the games that really got me into video games. I used to LOVE the atmosphere in Gauntlet Dark Legacy as a kid. It's one of the earliest memories that I have actually playing video games with my Dad, and my cousins. 

Gauntlet.png.cf8fa765430b8eb08a7f02801802c5cf.png

Edited by ultrairongorilla
  • Brohoof 3

I had played games on our family computer, but Mario 64 was the first game that I fell in love with. Even if some things haven't aged the best, I still consider it one of the best 3D platformers out there.

• Brohoof 1

Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt for the NES back in 1989/1990--it was one of those two games in one which my brother, sister, and I got when we got our NES back then. I rarely got to play it though as the console was in my brother's room and I wasn't usually allowed in his room. On the rare chances when I could, I usually watched while my brother and sister had all the fun, and when I got a chance, I wasn't as good due to not getting much experience.

• Brohoof 1

Back in the 90s when I was a little kid, I found NES Super Mario boring, and didn't yet have the reflexes for The Gun games. What got me hooked and made me a gamer was playing Battle City with my cousin. I'm still thankful to her for letting me get all extra lives.

Mostly classic rpgs such as fallout, baldur's gate series, torment and other similar titles. Those were the interactive experiences from my childhood, because of my fascination with the notion of a somewhat complex representation of alternate reality. Besides serving to stimulate my imagination from a co-creative stand-point.

I've played different games whenever I had gotten them. Though, my favourite games are Pokémon, Spyro the Dragon (first game, despite not being able to complete it), Bakugan, Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Star Wars Battlefront games, Yu-Gi-Oh! (despite not being able to do any strategy in it.)

These are the games that had gotten me into gaming, and remembers of playing in my childhood.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, ultrairongorilla said:

Playing games like the Banjo Kazooie series, War Of The Monsters on Playstation 2, Destroy All Humans, Star Wars Battlefront games, Ratchet and Clank games, Gauntlet Dark Legacy, and oddly enough Simpsons Hit & Run, and Road Rage were the games that really got me into video games. I used to LOVE the atmosphere in Gauntlet Dark Legacy as a kid. It's one of the earliest memories that I have actually playing video games with my Dad, and my cousins. 

Dark Legacy is good, but I played the original Gauntlet on NES and eventually beat it years later.

Well the first game i think i ever played was Hugo XL on my fathers Computer. I guess he bought the game, because he knew the old Tv Show about Hugo, so he thought it would be a good game for me and my sister and i loved Hugo XL. It was a funny game and even though i wasnt able to beat it, i played it a lot. Since then, i wanted to have a console on my own so i guess that game got me into gaming. Later i went on to play Street Fighter 2 on the Super Nintendo, even though fighting games were to hard for me, but the Super Mario Games kept me interested in playing, i also enjoyed games like Heberekes Popoon, a Mickey Mouse Game that i cant remember the name of and Pac Attack. And of course years later, when i got my first playstation, i also played Hugo Games again and then i finally have beaten them.

The C&C games (Red Alert, Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2 and Generals) were what first got me into gaming, along with Age of Empires II and Black & White. It's probably why I still think of RTS games (few and far between though they are these days) as a cornerstone of gaming, and haven't been much of a console gamer as a result.

Pokemon Crystal and Metroid Prime. Using the Gameboy link cable to trade with my cousin is one of my best memories. And Prime was the first game I managed to complete all the way through so they both hold a special place for me. 

It depends on what you mean. Strictly speaking, super Mario world was my first game and got me into gaming as a whole. I wasn't great at it because I kept wanting to do speed runs without knowing what lay ahead. In time, I did it though. 

The game which first captured my imagination in a huge way was paper Mario 64. I loved that it was this huge world with people and towns to interact with and that it had this overarching storyline to it all. The theme of exploration was what excited me the most about Pokemon as well when I was a kid. 

• Brohoof 2

kind of hard to determine which games got me into gaming since I started gaming when I was about 4 or 5; I think age of empires and simcity 3000 are the ones that come to mind for me though I might have played granturismo 1 and 2, oddworld: abe's exoddus, or need for speed high stakes before those.

I am one of the many people that were heavily influenced by that Italian plumber. Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario World were two of the game that originally got me into gaming, along with Megaman X. The Super Nintendo was the main system that introduced me to gaming. As a side note, my brother is a big reason why I am into gaming so much. He introduced me to series like Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy, when I was too young to even comprehend them. :P I was endlessly fascinated by them though and it made me explore them later.

• Brohoof 1

I never where the kind of child that played things like Super Mario or even Pokemon (Yeah I know shame on me for not playing that). With seven years I got my first Computer and started playing some browser free games and things like that but the first real game that brought me into gaming were Vietcong. I was around ten or just eleven. It was way out of my age zone but I really had some big fun and it's kind of nostalgic my parents didn’t like to see me playing it all day but it where the thing that brought me into gaming with people and specially into more tactical and team oriented gaming and I'm proud to say that this is the thing that´s true until today. It formed a part of me and just the good one.

Love you all fellow Bronies <3

The GBA port of Super Mario World was the earliest game I remember playing, so technically that's what got me into gaming. But the first game that I really enjoyed was Metroid: Zero Mission. I remember how I got stuck in that game because there was a part after Ridley where you were supposed to use the Ice Beam to freeze an enemy and then jump on that enemy to get onto a ledge, but I guess little Sir Floof was too dumb to figure that out. But the thing is, I loved Zero Mission so much that I just kept replaying the part of the game that I could play over and over again. I think that game shaped my taste in games today more than any other.

The GBA port of Super Mario World and ROBLOX.

Strange combination, but let's just say ROBLOX was a game that I spent way too much time playing as a kid and Super Mario World was the first game I ever found myself 100%ing and after beating it for the first time I suddenly got really into the Super Mario series as well as Nintendo and retro games in general.