Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Games Got You Into Gaming?

ultrairongorilla

I was introduced to the world of gaming through battlefield heroes. Played the ever living crap out of it. Then Mario snd Pokemon was the catalyst that made me go completely crazy gaming wise

• Brohoof 1

Shadow the Hedgehog on og xbox and still love it. Funny story, Grandma would walk by my room and hear Shadow die and say "damn not here" and the like and yell at me for cussing and finally had to prove it wasn't me by showing her via cybercide right in front of her and she was like "ah! that little guy does cuss when he dies!...but I KNOW he don't say f***n he11, so watch it!" I did learn my lesion though, cuss more quietly and that's tuts the lesion I was supposed to take away from it! :D 

• Brohoof 2

It was either Super Mario Bros 1 or 3 on the original NES despite being a 90s kid :D. That was the start, but I consider my evolution  a games came much later. Still, either one of those two where my beginning 

I don't know, depends on the definition of "got me into gaming". My family had an NES when I was super young. I played some games on there, but to be honest, I don't think they really got me into gaming. The SNES did a better job, where I remember loving Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. However, the era that really got me into gaming was N64 and late GB/GBC. Mario Kart 64 was an early N64 game I fell in love with and played obsessively. Then Pokemon Red came along and got me super addicted like never before.

• Brohoof 1

I started by watching my brother play his N64, he wouldn't really let me play though. :okiedokieloki: My mom bought me a gamecube when it came out since my brother had since moved on to Warhammer stuff and stopped hogging the tv.  I used to play a lot of Animal Crossing and I think my mom bought the gamecube because she wanted to play Animal Crossing too.  I think my first game that really drove me to seriously gaming was the Dragon Age and the Mass Effect series which I still love and play.

This might be a bit of a random story I still think fondly of but...

I remember this one time when my brother wanted to play FF10 but I was still watching Matrix: Resurrection so he unplugged some of the cables so I could still hear the movie but he was playing his game.  So this one cut scene starts playing and it was so hilarious, the ending of Matrix: Resurrection where the agent was beaten and the oracle was admiring the sun and that little girl started talking to her matched up perfectly with the cut scene.  We pretty much spent the whole time laughing while that scene was going on.  I think it was the cut scene where Tidus first lands in the ocean and Wakka starts talking to him or something, I can't remember but it was pretty funny...

• Brohoof 1

For me it was Super Mario 64. I remember my friends and I could just widdle a rainy day away with that game. The first game I got though, was Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards. I came for Super Mario and stayed for The Legend of Zelda. To this day, about 20 years later, I still go back to Super Mario 64, Kirby, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask from time to time. Anyone making 3-D games who says they haven't borrowed something from Mario or Zelda on the Nintendo 64 is lying.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
(edited)

When I was in Elementry School, I grew up around Gamecube and Nintindo 64 games.

So basically games like Mario 64, the old Smash Bros, Starfox 64, Starfox Adventure, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Wind Waker.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

(edited)

the first game i ever played was this bad boy here (Wacky Wheels) but what really got me into gaming was Half-Life,Baldur's gate and Fallout(the first one)
wacky-wheels-1994.jpg

Edited by lordvaltasar

First game I ever played was super mario brothers. I liked that game very much and wanted to play that again and again. Then I tried varity of games and really liked bomber man, snow brothers, and many others. So I think.those games got me pretty much into the world of video gaming.

My brother and I didn't have game systems growing up. We had a PC. I played games like King's Quest and Space Quest which were text based so they helped me learn to spell. My brother played played RPG like the Ultima series.

165115-ultima-v-warriors-of-destiny-apple-ii-front-cover.jpg

kingsquestvi.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I'm another one who didn't get into games through Nintendo. By the time I started really getting into video games, the only Nintendo games I had played were Donkey Kong and Mario Party Advance. Before I got my first console, I loved playing Yu-Gi-Oh! Power of Chaos on the computer, but what really made me love games in general was playing the original Crash Bandicoot games on the Playstation.

The original Zoo Tycoon was the first "real" game I ever played (real as opposed to simple learning games for very young children).

Other games I played as a kid were The Movies, The Sims 2World of Warcraft, the Age of Empires games, and Sierra's city building series (Pharaoh, Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom). 

At first it was just online minigames back in 2008. They were fun to a 7 year old me. I gradually got interested in more realistic games. Back then, a 3D game to me was a dream. Just being able to navigate around in a virtual world was something I drooled over. I guess why you can see I did everything to get my hands on Minecraft since I loved creating stuff. I managed to get a free cracked client to play on since I knew there was no way my mom would buy me games. I played Minecraft after school everyday for hours, it was so much fun. It was mostly building in creative, but I slowly moved into the multiplayer realms. I played gamemodes such as factions, and of course my favorite part of it is building bases with friends. Not just any old base to store my loot - I didn't care much about hording stuff - but ones that are both visually appealing and have cool functions such as automatic redstone sorters. Not that I need it, just it's a really cool mechanism. In 2015, I started developing my own server. I learned so much about Java and computers in the process, and although as of now I'm still not done with the development, I have high hopes for the outcome. 

Oh, and I play a lot of CS:GO. I have $300 worth of skins from the profit I made from farming profitable trade ups.

For me it was a three stage thing.

Stage 1: Super Mario Bros - Introduced me to gaming at a young age.

Stage 2: Sonic the Hedgehog - Introduced me to non-Nintendo gaming.

Stage 3: Spyro the Dragon - Showed me that I just loved gaming as a whole.

Now if only I could get over my current gaming rut. :(