Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

NASCAR/Auto Racing Discussion

Patty Thundersnow

16 minutes ago, Penguinbrony2409, Scoffer of Weather said:

Update

Kurt Busch won the pole for Sunday's race at Texas after lightning and severe thunderstorms ended qualifying after the first round.

@Lucky Bolt Jimmie is starting 9th, with the remander of the Hendrick cars starting further back, including William Byron who is starting 33rd.

When they we're discussing if they would get round 2 of qualifying in, Jimmie said, "I'm in the top 10, let it rain.":lol: Byron went to the back because of an engine change.

Anyone else upset when manufactures leave NASCAR? I still miss Dodge and Pontiac on the track. Seemingly, Chevy's getting outplayed by Ford and Toyota. Let's hope Hendrick doesn't switch. (Even though I despise Jimmie Johnson) :v

8 hours ago, CinnamonPop said:

Anyone else upset when manufactures leave NASCAR? I still miss Dodge and Pontiac on the track. Seemingly, Chevy's getting outplayed by Ford and Toyota. Let's hope Hendrick doesn't switch. (Even though I despise Jimmie Johnson) :v

Dodge definately. Pontiac left after they couldn't keep teams (JGR switched from pontiac to chevy in 2003; Pontiac pulled out of NASCAR after 2003). Hendrick is NEVER going to switch brands. They've been Chevy since the team started in 1984.

7 minutes ago, Penguinbrony2409, Scoffer of Weather said:

Dodge definately. Pontiac left after they couldn't keep teams (JGR switched from pontiac to chevy in 2003; Pontiac pulled out of NASCAR after 2003). Hendrick is NEVER going to switch brands. They've been Chevy since the team started in 1984.

Stewart was pretty loyal to GM in NASCAR but now his team is running Ford. If someone else gets a big enough advantage, or pays enough money, Hendrick might switch.

• Brohoof 1

Since the thread title has "/auto racing" in it, I'm changing the topic.

Currently, the #17 Keihin NSX is leading GT500, and the #25 Hoppy Mother chassis 86 is leading in GT300.

Quick question, if a Hendrick driver were to win the Monster Energy cup, what would they call it since they have sponsorship from Mountain Dew and Pepsi.

On 07/04/2018 at 7:58 AM, Cyclone 1066 said:

So, is it just me or is Chris Buescher driving around @Lucky Bolt's hair this weekend?:wacko:

5ac7ecc09f440_promo-1803-nascar-0(1).jpg.a2f2b8b6d4a3417e57ffd2f73d5225d6.jpglucky_1.jpg.feb1160b6a8786b3d841b49a89544c0c.jpg

Yeah there a bit off in the pictures but in the right light in garage area, I swear they were identical colors

He's the reason I still eat Cheerios and whenever I think of Kroger, I think of AJ Allemendinger.

(edited)

I’m quite the fan of drifting, even though I never watched or read a single episode/volume of Initial D. Formula Drift is awesome, and so are localized drift events. Here’s one that took place last year in Connecticut - home of Ricer Miata, one of my favorite YouTubers. He’s in the blue BMW in the video btw.

I remember getting so excited watching this on my computer one day I just cranked up the volume and took in all the visuals

Edited by Shabb3r
  • Brohoof 1

The 7th race of the NASCAR Monster Energy Cup series season was ran today at the Texas Motor Speedway. 

Kyle Busch (bleh) picked up his first win of the season, beating Kevin Harvick to the line be three tenths of a second.

1. Kyle Busch
  2. Kevin Harvick
  3. Jamie McMurray (great run)
  4. Erik Jones
  5. Ryan Blaney
  6. Joey Logano
  7. Kurt Busch
  8. Darrell "Bubba" Wallace
  9. Clint Bowyer
  10. William Byron

Other notiables include
Chase Elliott (11th), Austin Dillon (26th), Brad Keselowski (33rd), Denny Hamlin (34th), Jimmie Johnson (35th), and Martin Truex Jr. (37th).

Most of the above drivers (from Keselowski on back) ended up getting swept up into accidents not of their doing. There were also a lot of tire problems too, which bit Truex Jr and Kyle Larson. 

The next race is next Sunday, at the Bristol Motor Speedway. In addition to the MENCS race, the Xfinity series will have a race Saturday Afternoon.

7 hours ago, Penguinbrony2409, Scoffer of Weather said:

The 7th race of the NASCAR Monster Energy Cup series season was ran today at the Texas Motor Speedway. 

Kyle Busch (bleh) picked up his first win of the season, beating Kevin Harvick to the line be three tenths of a second.

1. Kyle Busch
  2. Kevin Harvick
  3. Jamie McMurray (great run)
  4. Erik Jones
  5. Ryan Blaney
  6. Joey Logano
  7. Kurt Busch
  8. Darrell "Bubba" Wallace
  9. Clint Bowyer
  10. William Byron

Other notiables include
Chase Elliott (11th), Austin Dillon (26th), Brad Keselowski (33rd), Denny Hamlin (34th), Jimmie Johnson (35th), and Martin Truex Jr. (37th).

Most of the above drivers (from Keselowski on back) ended up getting swept up into accidents not of their doing. There were also a lot of tire problems too, which bit Truex Jr and Kyle Larson. 

The next race is next Sunday, at the Bristol Motor Speedway. In addition to the MENCS race, the Xfinity series will have a race Saturday Afternoon.

Jimmie was doing great at first, but yep, a stupid tire issue put him laps down, and then of course he got caught up in that wreck. :dry:

2 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Jimmie was doing great at first, but yep, a stupid tire issue put him laps down, and then of course he got caught up in that wreck. :dry:

He's starting to get bit by random bad luck pretty often. Not as bad as Steve Park back in the day but still.

I also saw a video talking about how this is going to be Jimmie's last season. Yes, I know his contract goes to 2020 and he hasn't mentioned retirement but this guy made a good point.

2 years ago, Stewart's last season, Texas gives out Stewart bobbleheads.

Last year, Jr's last season, Texas gives out Jr bobbleheads.

I know both of these drivers planned on retiring so this isn't really a coincidence, it's just a PR event.

But this year, Texas gave out Jimmie Johnson bobbleheads. Could there be a Texas bobblehead curse? Career ending crashes happen, not that I wish that on any racer, but it is a possibility and if it happens, I don't want Texas to ever hand out bobbleheads of me.

2 hours ago, Cyclone 1066 said:

He's starting to get bit by random bad luck pretty often. Not as bad as Steve Park back in the day but still.

I also saw a video talking about how this is going to be Jimmie's last season. Yes, I know his contract goes to 2020 and he hasn't mentioned retirement but this guy made a good point.

I know both of these drivers planned on retiring so this isn't really a coincidence, it's just a PR event.

But this year, Texas gave out Jimmie Johnson bobbleheads. Could there be a Texas bobblehead curse? Career ending crashes happen, not that I wish that on any racer, but it is a possibility and if it happens, I don't want Texas to ever hand out bobbleheads of me.

That is a good point, I guess we'll see what happens. I'm just not ready to see him leave yet....:sunny: I probably never will be. :(

14 hours ago, Cyclone 1066 said:

It's a coincidence.

• Brohoof 1

It's almost the weekend... but before we get to that, Chase Elliott was penalized (yet again) for improper window mounting brackets. He lost 20 championship and owner points, along with his crew chief. Kenny Francis will be the interim crew chief.

In other news, NASCAR released the aero and race package for the Allstar race, and it includes restrictor plates for the first time. Basically, NASCAR is testing the Xfinity package for Indy with the All Star race. The format goes back to the previous 100 lap format, with 4 stages (30, 20, 20, 10). Honestly, I can't wait to see how this unique rules package goes for the All Star race. What you guys think?

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Penguinbrony2409, Scoffer of Weather said:

It's almost the weekend... but before we get to that, Chase Elliott was penalized (yet again) for improper window mounting brackets. He lost 20 championship and owner points, along with his crew chief. Kenny Francis will be the interim crew chief.

In other news, NASCAR released the aero and race package for the Allstar race, and it includes restrictor plates for the first time. Basically, NASCAR is testing the Xfinity package for Indy with the All Star race. The format goes back to the previous 100 lap format, with 4 stages (30, 20, 20, 10). Honestly, I can't wait to see how this unique rules package goes for the All Star race. What you guys think?

Restrictor plates! At Charlotte! Dale Sr is rolling in his grave.:eww:

On 4/8/2018 at 2:58 AM, Cyclone 1066 said:

Stewart was pretty loyal to GM in NASCAR but now his team is running Ford. If someone else gets a big enough advantage, or pays enough money, Hendrick might switch.

I don't think Hendrick would switch.  Doesn't Rick Hendrick own a Chevy Dealership(s)?  Too good of a marketing tie-in.

On 4/7/2018 at 5:56 PM, CinnamonPop said:

Even though I despise Jimmie Johnson

Welcome Brother!  You are not alone!  B)

Man, I wish I found this thread months ago!  I used to do a NASCAR blog here after every race, didn't get it started this year....

tshirtcommissionedited_by_crystalsonatica-d9xltrn.png

8 hours ago, Penguinbrony2409, Scoffer of Weather said:

While I will admit that adding stages has made the races more exiting to watch, the points system is starting to get way to complicated.  different formats for different races and such.  Personally, I think they should go back to the old point system, no playoffs/chase crap.  But keep the stages and stage bonus points.  

13 hours ago, Penguinbrony2409, Scoffer of Weather said:

Whyyyyy on earth are they putting restrictor plates on cars at Charlotte???? Won't that make the cars....slower? :confused:

5 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Whyyyyy on earth are they putting restrictor plates on cars at Charlotte???? Won't that make the cars....slower? :confused:

"Level playing field" my darling, "level playing field." :derp:

6 hours ago, nx9100 said:

I don't think Hendrick would switch.  Doesn't Rick Hendrick own a Chevy Dealership(s)?  Too good of a marketing tie-in.

Man, I wish I found this thread months ago!  I used to do a NASCAR blog here after every race, didn't get it started this year....

While I will admit that adding stages has made the races more exiting to watch, the points system is starting to get way to complicated.  different formats for different races and such.  Personally, I think they should go back to the old point system, no playoffs/chase crap.  But keep the stages and stage bonus points.  

Looks like we're gonna have us some friendly rivalry. :orly: 

1 hour ago, Cyclone 1066 said:

Right. :please:

23 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Looks like we're gonna have us some friendly rivalry. :orly: 

I'm on board for a forum rivalry. :sneer:Love and tolerate gets pushed to it's limit when you start talking bad about JJ.

On 4/13/2018 at 2:24 PM, Lucky Bolt said:

On 4/13/2018 at 2:30 PM, Cyclone 1066 said:

NASCAR is testing this year's rules package for the Xfinity race at Indy. I do think that the racing will be a lot closer and there probably will be more crashes than in the years past in the All Star. BUT, it is an exhibition race. NOT a point paying race.

On 4/13/2018 at 9:26 AM, nx9100 said:

If they had the original points system, Jeff Gordon would have won 6 championships.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Pat Thundersnow said:

NASCAR is testing this year's rules package for the Xfinity race at Indy. I do think that the racing will be a lot closer and there probably will be more crashes than in the years past in the All Star. BUT, it is an exhibition race. NOT a point paying race.

If they had the original points system, Jeff Gordon would have won 6 championships.

And Kevin would have 3. 

*throws hat onto the floor*  Someone please tell me what happened to Brad's car?  He was doing great, then the car just died on him?  Tire, something break?  Radio didn't say.

Was hoping #17 Ricky could pull it off near the end.  ah well.....