Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

NASCAR/Auto Racing Discussion

Patty Thundersnow

9 hours ago, nx9100 said:

*throws hat onto the floor*  Someone please tell me what happened to Brad's car?  He was doing great, then the car just died on him?  Tire, something break?  Radio didn't say.

Was hoping #17 Ricky could pull it off near the end.  ah well.....

Definately looked like a blown tire. By the end of the race, I was actually cheering for Jimmie Johnson and Kyle Larson, since my fav (Chase Elliott) was taken out on lap 5. 

• Brohoof 1

So Cryle Busch was our winner. Bleh. :scoots: Well hey Jimmie got his first top 5 of the season, and just had a really great race, even from starting in the back. :yay: My other favorites, Chase Elliott and Ryan Blaney, didn't have the best race unfortunately. 

So...Australia is getting the brand new 2018 Ford Mustang in about 2 months time and it has been announced that it will race in the 2019 V8 Supercars championship...

Which is GREAT news / good to see as we Aussies are into your muscle cars we're CRAZY about them :wub:

Link: http://www.supercars.com/news/championship/ford-announces-mustang-supercars-program/

HOaYEMr.jpg

(I noticed it's got a bit of 'RS' styling on the front bumper :dash: I dunno what to say about it from the pictures :adorkable: IMO, It doesn't look AS aggressive as the previous mustang, but it also looks more sleeker than the previous mustang. I guess I'll have to wait and see it in person :wau: I have a feeling its looks will grow on me over-time :catface: It kinda reminds me of the 1971-73 Ford Mustang) :huh:

We're ALSO getting the Chevrolet Camaro roughly around the same time we're getting the Mustang, but is this how it's gonna look like!? :blink: wow, it's got SO much plastic on the front and IMO, it doesn't look as good as some of its predecessors :lie: now whether Holden is gonna race the Camaro in the future is yet to be seen...

q8vXnw4.jpg

So for all you NACAR fans / Americans, can you please tell me: :rarity: which one is better? :wau: The Chevrolet Camaro? :o or the Ford Mustang? :confused: Which one do you think looks better and which brand has the most wins / sucess in NASCAR? :wau: The only thing we've had in Australia was the Holden Commodore (Chevrolet SS) and the Ford Falcon, which is basically the 4-door version of your muscle cars :catface:

8elq0J5.jpg

FxG9jX5.jpg

Edited by SolarFlare13

3 hours ago, SolarFlare13 said:

So...Australia is getting the brand new 2018 Ford Mustang in about 2 months time and it has been announced that it will race in the 2019 V8 Supercars championship...

Which is GREAT news / good to see as we Aussies are into your muscle cars we're CRAZY about them :wub:

Link: http://www.supercars.com/news/championship/ford-announces-mustang-supercars-program/

HOaYEMr.jpg

(I noticed it's got a bit of 'RS' styling on the front bumper :dash: I dunno what to say about it from the pictures :adorkable: IMO, It doesn't look AS aggressive as the previous mustang, but it also looks more sleeker than the previous mustang. I guess I'll have to wait and see it in person :wau: I have a feeling its looks will grow on me over-time :catface: It kinda reminds me of the 1971-73 Ford Mustang) :huh:

We're ALSO getting the Chevrolet Camaro roughly around the same time we're getting the Mustang, but is this how it's gonna look like!? :blink: wow, it's got SO much plastic on the front and IMO, it doesn't look as good as some of its predecessors :lie: now whether Holden is gonna race the Camaro in the future is yet to be seen...

q8vXnw4.jpg

So for all you NACAR fans / Americans, can you please tell me: :rarity: which one is better? :wau: The Chevrolet Camaro? :o or the Ford Mustang? :confused: Which one do you think looks better and which brand has the most wins / sucess in NASCAR? :wau: The only thing we've had in Australia was the Holden Commodore (Chevrolet SS) and the Ford Falcon, which is basically the 4-door version of your muscle cars :catface:

8elq0J5.jpg

FxG9jX5.jpg

Now that you mentioned it, they are now bringing the Mustang in the Cup Series starting next year. Would want to get a Brad K Mustang diecast if I get the chance.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Chrysalis14 said:

Now that you mentioned it, they are now bringing the Mustang in the Cup Series starting next year. Would want to get a Brad K Mustang diecast if I get the chance.

god damn!!! :sunbutt: I wish they had more NASCAR diecasts here. They're REALLY hard to find in Australia :adorkable:

Edited by SolarFlare13

1 minute ago, SolarFlare13 said:

god damn!!! :sunbutt: I wish they had more NASCAR diecasts here. They're REALLY hard to find in Australia :adorkable:

The only ones I could find were the ones Marcos Ambrose used to race...

I still want that Alex Bowman 2018 Diecast, it's the only one that interests me right now.

5 hours ago, SolarFlare13 said:

I wish it was easier to watch V8 Supercars here. Not some Russian bootleg stream on some janky website.

NASCAR this week heads to Richmond, VA for a Friday, Saturday Night Doubleheader.

Friday night is the Fitzgerald Glider Kits 300 Xfinity series race, the second race in the Xfinity series dash for cash. Qualifying for the race is tomorrow afternoon before the evening race.

Saturday Night is the Toyota Owners 400 for the MENCS. Qualifying for the event is tomorrow afternoon. 

This week, the weather is looking fantastic for both the races. So, no postponements or anything like that are expected.

4 hours ago, Cyclone 1066 said:

Just read the Matt Kenseth is return with later this season to drive the number 6 car.:yay: I thought it was terrible to let a winning veteran go, just to take a chance on a new guy.

Wait wait wait...he's coming back??!? :love:

6 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

That's what I've heard. Matt Kenseth will be sharing the #6 for the balance of 2018 with Trevor Bayne. Here's the interesting part to this saga. WHO will be the driver moving forward? Roush Fenway could go a number of ways here. ONe is to put Kenseth in the #6 perminantly starting in 2019, moving Bayne back into the Xfinity series. Another is to start up a new cup series team for Kenseth.

On 4/24/2018 at 2:50 PM, Lucky Bolt said:

Roush Fenway made it official this morning. Kenseth will be racing select races with sponsorship from Wyndam Rewards. Further news about what races Kenseth will be running will be coming as the season goes along.

And Kenseth, per the press conference, will be piloting the #6 in this year's allstar race.

• Brohoof 1

On 4/25/2018 at 7:55 PM, Sliding Bolt said:

Sorry to change subject quick but what do you guys think of the old days of NASCAR? Better? Worse? Just wondering...

The older days, such when I joined (2000) were much better than what we have the the moment.

9 hours ago, Laurel Crown said:

Any fans of Formula 1/IndyCar here?

I am, at least to a certain extent. The only real time I pay attention to F1/Indy is the Sunday before Memorial day (Monoco, Indy, Charlotte).

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Pat Thundersnow said:

The older days, such when I joined (2000) were much better than what we have the the moment.

I am, at least to a certain extent. The only real time I pay attention to F1/Indy is the Sunday before Memorial day (Monoco, Indy, Charlotte).

I was thinkin the Golden Era times. Like 1964-1971. The days of the aero wars. Pete Hamilton, Richard Petty, Cale Yarborough, and Bobby Isaacs. That's when I loved it the most. I still like it but it's not what it used to be. So do you like it more now? I gotta say though NASCAR in the 2000s was pretty great.

Later 90'/Early 2000 was also a great period for F1 back when Ferrari and McLaren-Mercedes were rivals during the Schumacher-Hakkinen feud. Nowadays we're having a less boring season and far more interesting races than Hamilton's long streak of victories.

I'm considering watching the IndyCar too. Are there things I should know about?

21 hours ago, Laurel Crown said:

Any fans of Formula 1/IndyCar here?

Me! Formula 1 is actually my favorite sport in general, and I also enjoy IndyCar quite a bit as well!

3 minutes ago, Laurel Crown said:

Later 90'/Early 2000 was also a great period for F1 back when Ferrari and McLaren-Mercedes were rivals during the Schumacher-Hakkinen feud. Nowadays we're having a less boring season and far more interesting races than Hamilton's long streak of victories.

I'm considering watching the IndyCar too. Are there things I should know about?

Well, what would you like to know? The main things off the top of my head are that the teams do not build their own cars, that they race on road courses, street circuits, and ovals, and the major teams typically include Penske, Ganassi, and Andretti, though others can win here and there.

Being a Hoosier, I can at least take pride in my state in one way: It being the birthplace of Indycar, the glorious Indianapolis Motor Speedway and the Indy 500, one of the 3 pinnacles of motorsports. :yay: This might be entirely obvious, but the IMS is the highest capacity sports venue in the world with over 400,000 seats. :3 Even still, I am more of a fan of GT racing, specifically GT3 class and I highly prefer road circuits. Makes me wish Indiana would build a new road circuit for this purpose. Some of my favorite tracks are Nurburgring, Laguna Seca, Circuit De Catalunya, Mugello, and Brands Hatch. If we could have a track like any of those in Indiana, that would be the bee's pajamas.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

Me! Formula 1 is actually my favorite sport in general, and I also enjoy IndyCar quite a bit as well!

Well, what would you like to know? The main things off the top of my head are that the teams do not build their own cars, that they race on road courses, street circuits, and ovals, and the major teams typically include Penske, Ganassi, and Andretti, though others can win here and there.

An admin watching Formula 1? Awesome! :pinkie:

So if teams do not build their own open wheel cars (I guess they're Dallara from the looks), they still at least tuning it up, no?
And does IndyCar have usual winners [like in F1 with Vettel and Hamilton] or is it much more unpredictable? I would like to know who are the top-tier pilots.

I'm considering watching this championship year right from the first race since I still didn't spoiled the results. Be warned I can be pestering when I talk with someone about my favorite sports. xD

1 hour ago, Kyoshi said:

Being a Hoosier, I can at least take pride in my state in one way: It being the birthplace of Indycar, the glorious Indianapolis Motor Speedway and the Indy 500, one of the 3 pinnacles of motorsports. :yay: This might be entirely obvious, but the IMS is the highest capacity sports venue in the world with over 400,000 seats. :3 Even still, I am more of a fan of GT racing, specifically GT3 class and I highly prefer road circuits. Makes me wish Indiana would build a new road circuit for this purpose. Some of my favorite tracks are Nurburgring, Laguna Seca, Circuit De Catalunya, Mugello, and Brands Hatch. If we could have a track like any of those in Indiana, that would be the bee's pajamas.

I got to know Indianapolis by its inside circuit. Pretty cool track.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Laurel Crown said:

An admin watching Formula 1? Awesome! :pinkie:

So if teams do not build their own open wheel cars (I guess they're Dallara from the looks), they still at least tuning it up, no?
And does IndyCar have usual winners [like in F1 with Vettel and Hamilton] or is it much more unpredictable? I would like to know who are the top-tier pilots.

I'm considering watching this championship year right from the first race since I still didn't spoiled the results. Be warned I can be pestering when I talk with someone about my favorite sports. xD

I got to know Indianapolis by its inside circuit. Pretty cool track.

While I know it's not for everyone, and some races can be stinkers, I just like what Formula 1 in all about. That international feel, the high tech, world-class driver & teams, that teams build their own stuff (for the most part), and other things. Generally; I find the races to be good to great; depending on circumstances of course. ^^

Aye; they're Dallara, and teams do have some degree of freedom in regards to general setup, though it is limited. IndyCar wants to keep the focus on competition overall; without too many gimmicks like you see in some touring car series.

As for usual winners...well, yes and no. The past few years got somewhat predictable with the Penske and Ganassi teams winning a good chunk of races; with the Andretti teams and others garnering some. This year is the debut of a new design for the Dallara chassis that places less emphasis on downforce on the wings, and has thus far produced some competitive races; with the first four races have three different winners; with definding champ Josef Newgarden winning two. :)

Another good thing about IndyCar? They post their full races on YouTube. ^^

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

While I know it's not for everyone, and some races can be stinkers, I just like what Formula 1 in all about. That international feel, the high tech, world-class driver & teams, that teams build their own stuff (for the most part), and other things. Generally; I find the races to be good to great; depending on circumstances of course. ^^

I know that feeling as well. As I recently restarted to follow Formula 1 before Ferrari (my favorite team since I live one hour away from them x) ) had that great run the previous year, I saw more than once those people who watches F1 only for the start before dropping it because "Duh, they never overtake unlike in MotoGP".
F1 does have its stinkers, that's right, but it has always been about strategy and high speed risk, not just who hammer down the pedal the most [unless you're VersBatten*].
And yes, I do like F1 for its atmosphere as well and this year feels even more promising than 2017 now that Uncle Bernie is out and we're having liberty Media taking a more "for everyone" approach.

*VersBatten is the official Italian nickname for Max Verstappen. It's a combination of his last name and the verb "sbattere", which means "to crash" XD

16 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

As for usual winners...well, yes and no. The past few years got somewhat predictable with the Penske and Ganassi teams winning a good chunk of races; with the Andretti teams and others garnering some. This year is the debut of a new design for the Dallara chassis that places less emphasis on downforce on the wings, and has thus far produced some competitive races; with the first four races have three different winners; with definding champ Josef Newgarden winning two. :)

Another good thing about IndyCar? They post their full races on YouTube. ^^

That looks really cool and promising. Can't wait to watch the first races before catching it up. :D

They post full races on Youtube?!? God Bless America for that XD

• Brohoof 3