Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

NASCAR/Auto Racing Discussion

Patty Thundersnow

7 hours ago, What? said:

2003 was about the time I started watching NASCAR hardcore. I was 4 so I barely remember it. Mostly all I remember is the 2003 race at Darlington is what really got me, and the rest of my family, hooked on watching NASCAR. That and Jimmie Johnson and his car were the coolest.:lol: (and they still are)

That was probably the greatest finish to a nascar race ever (outside of the finish of the Xfinity race at Daytona earlier this year). The one thing that got me more involved in watching the sport was the finish to the 2001 Cracker Barrel Old Country Stores 500 at Atlanta.

Clint Bowyer finally Won for the first Time since 2012 at Martinsville, Really awesome to see him Win!

Next race will be at Texas in 2 weeks at the Cup and Xfinity.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, It. said:

Clint Bowyer finally Won for the first Time since 2012 at Martinsville, Really awesome to see him Win!

Next race will be at Texas in 2 weeks at the Cup and Xfinity.

My favourite race track of the season. 

27 minutes ago, Nick Foals said:

My favourite race track of the season. 

And probably my least favorite. Texas is just another 1.5 mile cookie cutter that NASCAR has too many of. Texas is a good track, but racing at the 1.5 mile tracks has gotten to the point where I don't even want to watch anymore.

23 minutes ago, Penguinbrony2409, Scoffer of Weather said:

And probably my least favorite. Texas is just another 1.5 mile cookie cutter that NASCAR has too many of. Texas is a good track, but racing at the 1.5 mile tracks has gotten to the point where I don't even want to watch anymore.

Would it help if they ran the infield course there too?

Just now, What? said:

Would it help if they ran the infield course there too?

No. The Cup Series needs real road courses on the schedule, like COTA, Road Atlanta, Road America, or Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. I wouldn't take a race from Texas, but I WOULD take one from Kansas and from Charlotte. The Xfinity series has three road courses on their schedule, it's time that the cup series did too (not a roval, that doesn't count).

4 minutes ago, Penguinbrony2409, Scoffer of Weather said:

No. The Cup Series needs real road courses on the schedule, like COTA, Road Atlanta, Road America, or Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. I wouldn't take a race from Texas, but I WOULD take one from Kansas and from Charlotte. The Xfinity series has three road courses on their schedule, it's time that the cup series did too (not a roval, that doesn't count).

Run the cup in Montreal, Mexico City, Canadian Tire, AND Mid-Ohio.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Penguinbrony2409, Scoffer of Weather said:

I don't really care about the track itself, the location is what interest me.

12 hours ago, Penguinbrony2409, Scoffer of Weather said:

I'll admit 1.5 miles can be pretty boring, but tbh with yall I'm ok with 1.5 miles as long as Jimmie Johnson is still good at em. :orly: And of course that includes Texas. 

On 3/26/2018 at 9:18 PM, Nick Foals said:

I don't really care about the track itself, the location is what interest me.

All I'm saying is NASCAR needs more variety, because as is, it's a total snorefest.

16 hours ago, Who? said:

I'll admit 1.5 miles can be pretty boring, but tbh with yall I'm ok with 1.5 miles as long as Jimmie Johnson is still good at em. :orly: And of course that includes Texas. 

Jimmie's not a bad road course driver either.

7 hours ago, Penguinbrony2409, Scoffer of Weather said:

Jimmie's not a bad road course driver either.

True, but winning at road courses just isn't his cup of tea. He's never won at Watkins Glen, but he has won at Sonoma though, but that was like what, back in 2010? 

Oh and something else, a few days ago someone on Google Plus said that they heard Jimmie's new sponsor for next year will be Axalta and Chase Bank? :huh: Is this true? I'm not sure whether to believe it or not considering there hasn't been an official announcement from Jimmie or HMS. 

Edited by Who?
  • Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Who? said:

True, but winning at road courses just isn't his cup of tea. He's never won at Watkins Glen, but he has won at Sonoma though, but that was like what, back in 2010? 

Oh and something else, a few days ago someone on Google Plus said that they heard Jimmie's new sponsor for next year will be Axalta and Chase Bank? :huh: Is this true? I'm not sure whether to believe it or not considering there hasn't been an official announcement from Jimmie or HMS. 

Chase Bank, if only they would sponsor Chase Elliott, that would be quite funny. :lol: 

17 hours ago, Nick Foals said:

Chase Bank, if only they would sponsor Chase Elliott, that would be quite funny. :lol: 

I know right! And JJ's sponsor should be Jimmy John's instead! :P

On 3/28/2018 at 7:58 AM, Who? said:

To answer your question, Jimmie did win at Sonoma in 2010. He has not won at Watkins Glen yet.
As for Jimmie's sponsors for next season, Axalta expanding their HMS program would be quite interesting. Chase Bank would be a good sponsor for him too. Honestly, I'd like to see Subway return to the sport and sponsor the 48, since Jimmie is one of the most fit drivers on the track, as he'd be a good spokesperson for them.

4 hours ago, Penguinbrony2409, Scoffer of Weather said:

To answer your question, Jimmie did win at Sonoma in 2010. He has not won at Watkins Glen yet.
As for Jimmie's sponsors for next season, Axalta expanding their HMS program would be quite interesting. Chase Bank would be a good sponsor for him too. Honestly, I'd like to see Subway return to the sport and sponsor the 48, since Jimmie is one of the most fit drivers on the track, as he'd be a good spokesperson for them.

I've avoided Subway after that little incident last year. I mean Kevin has like 3 or 4 food related sponsors and Subway wouldn't tolerate one? I have a lot of loyalty when it comes to companies and sponsorship in the sport.

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Chrysalis14 said:

I've avoided Subway after that little incident last year. I mean Kevin has like 3 or 4 food related sponsors and Subway wouldn't tolerate one? I have a lot of loyalty when it comes to companies and sponsorship in the sport.

Subway has been an off and on sponsor for a variety of teams and drivers since 2001. I was just speculating that I want to see Subway as a sponsor for Jimmie Johnson.

35 minutes ago, What? said:

https://galleries.nascar.com/gallery/1949/nascarcasm-the-last-time-clint-bowyer-won-a-race?linkId=100000002142290#/0

Some of these are pretty good. It's also pretty interesting to see how far we've come since the last time Clint won.

He was still in a CoT, the last time he won a race. Matt was still with Roush, Danica was still running part time in Cup, Sam Hornish was the driver of the 22, Kyle was winless in the Xfinity series that year, I could bring up more that this will do.

21 hours ago, Penguinbrony2409, Scoffer of Weather said:

Subway has been an off and on sponsor for a variety of teams and drivers since 2001. I was just speculating that I want to see Subway as a sponsor for Jimmie Johnson.

Subway would be a nice fit for him, I think we all know why. :dash:

The 2018 Peeps 400 was lit. I LOVE what they did with the Jimmie Johnson and Ryan Blaney peep. :lol:

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2018/03/31/nascarcasms-easter-tradition-watch-peeps-400/

Edited by Who?

I've never seen more hilarious than this right now. A NASCAR Cup driver taking on some guy on Youtube about bringing him to a Cup race. This is the funniest thing I've seen, can't wait to see when he actually meets Ty.

21 minutes ago, Cyclone 1066 said:

So, is it just me or is Chris Buescher driving around @Lucky Bolt's hair this weekend?:wacko:

5ac7ecc09f440_promo-1803-nascar-0(1).jpg.a2f2b8b6d4a3417e57ffd2f73d5225d6.jpglucky_1.jpg.feb1160b6a8786b3d841b49a89544c0c.jpg

Yeah there a bit off in the pictures but in the right light in garage area, I swear they were identical colors

He's sponsoring me! :dash:

Update

Kurt Busch won the pole for Sunday's race at Texas after lightning and severe thunderstorms ended qualifying after the first round.

@Lucky Bolt Jimmie is starting 9th, with the remander of the Hendrick cars starting further back, including William Byron who is starting 33rd.

• Brohoof 1