Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Land Before Time Fan Club

ChB

Just now, ultrairongorilla said:

I used to watch the crap out of the direct to video sequels as a kid. The first one is still king though.

I agree. The opening theme song of the first movie is the first thing that comes to my mind when I remember this series.

• Brohoof 2

I love the first one even as a preschooler who wouldn't fully understand the concept of death until the loss of my own mother at the age of 9.

Only up to the 4th film, do I know the films. After that, no interest. 

In the mood for some tongue-in-cheek humor?  Sorry for the poor quality, but this video of an episode of MAD from the early 2010s on Cartoon Network jabs at the numerous number of sequels that came out. Play from 5:43

Let me know what you think.

Land Before Time was my MLP and Spyro before either of those became big in my life. Seriously, I would marathon the first four or five films MULTIPLE times! IIRC, I've watched up to the 10th film. Haven't seen any of the following movies; or much of the series.

Oh; and this song was my jam at that age. <3

• Brohoof 3

29 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I love the first one even as a preschooler who wouldn't fully understand the concept of death until the loss of my own mother at the age of 9.

Only up to the 4th film, do I know the films. After that, no interest. 

In the mood for some tongue-in-cheek humor?  Sorry for the poor quality, but this video of an episode of MAD from the early 2010s on Cartoon Network jabs at the numerous number of sequels that came out. Play from 5:43

Let me know what you think.

Lol, that video is pretty funny. :D

Episodes 5-10 are decent, but not as good as the first and third IMO.  

26 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

Land Before Time was my MLP and Spyro before either of those became big in my life. Seriously, I would marathon the first four or five films MULTIPLE times! IIRC, I've watched up to the 10th film. Haven't seen any of the following movies; or much of the series.

Oh; and this song was my jam at that age. <3

I loved "It Takes All Sorts", too! I didn't understand it when I was little, but I still enjoyed the melody. Understanding what it meant (and what it implicitly references) later on made me like it even more.

This is also one of my favorite songs:

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, ChB said:

Lol, that video is pretty funny. :D

Episodes 5-10 are decent, but not as good as the first and third IMO.  

I loved "It Takes All Sorts", too! I didn't understand it when I was little, but I still enjoyed the melody. Understanding what it meant (and what it implicitly references) later on made me like it even more.

This is also one of my favorite songs:

God, I loved the songs from these movies so much that I even took the time to record them on my old Talk Boy by holdout next to my TV so I could listen to them in the car. <3

Also; Time of the Great Giving isn't too bad of a sequel, IMO.

• Brohoof 2

I will admit that Chomper the Baby Sharptooth  (T-rex) from Film 2 back in the early 90's (preschool) introduced to me the concept of meat-eaters are not necessarily evil. 

Heck, my favorite scene is when Chomper's Sharpteeth parents show up and actually spared LittleFoot for reuniting them with their young (with no dialog from the Big Dinos, they managed to make you perfectly understand what's on their minds)

Bonus: The Parents appeared, saving the young ones from the trouble-making raptors (Forgot what their in-universe name is. Lightfoot/feet?)

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Bonus: The Parents appeared, saving the young ones from the trouble-making raptors (Forgot what their in-universe name is. Lightfoot/feet?)

IIRC, both the bigger T-Rex and smaller raptors shared the 'sharp tooth' name; if you will. I remember "The Time of the Great Giving" had the raptors as the climax villains and the name was used.

• Brohoof 2

I love The Land Before Time. The movie is by far the best; you just can't beat Don Bluth in his prime. The later sequels are okay but mostly just a fun pastime rather than the rich beauty of the original movie. It is nice though that there are so many to choose from to fit pretty much any mood.

• Brohoof 4

Oooooh memory lane. The movies I watched the most in this series was 1 - 4, and I acknowledge that the first film is by far the superior movie in every way, but I personally always loved the second film the most. I watched it sooooooooooooooo many times. I love the songs in it, especially the first song. It really gives off a positive vibe right out the gate, which is a big change up from the first movie which had some incredibly sad moments. I also really liked the scenes at night in the 2nd one. They did a good job of making things feel more mysterious and I always loved the visual look.

I seriously need to watch that one again, it has been too long. I think its more positive atmosphere was why I always preferred it over the first movie.

• Brohoof 3

My childhood favorite, every movies never gets old for me. 

Edited by TBD, Scoffer of TBA
  • Brohoof 1

On 2/12/2018 at 11:55 PM, SkyPie said:

And I bet you can't remember these two's names without looking it up. I know I couldn't. 

Dinah_&_Dana.jpg

I think I remember, though I don't know how to spell it. Is it Deina and Daina?

My favorite line from them was their innocent reaction when they broke a tooth from the legendary Saurus Rock: 
"Uh-oh...oops..." :P 

• Brohoof 1

Why do I feel a 15th film will be made thanks to "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom"? If its anywhere as successful as Jurassic World..get ready for the 15th film...possibly for 2019 or 2020.

Right now its 2018, the 30th Anniversary of the first movie. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Karnak said:

Right now its 2018, the 30th Anniversary of the first movie. 

:pinkie: You are right! We should have a party, this November! 

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, ChB said:

:pinkie: You are right! We should have a party, this November! 

Agreed. If they do a 15th film, they outta go out and bring back the original T-Rex from the old movie, I mean he might have survived(If he can survive a massive foot fall into a cavern he can survive water) Have him come back and with a voice this time, something scary but not too scary..Something like this voice

Richard Ian Xo

• Brohoof 1