Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The end of MLP:FiM: not goodbye, right?

squee333

It's not like the moment the series finale airs, all G4 and all memories surrounding it will be erased from existence. How one chooses to celebrate the show after it airs is completely up to that individual. There is plenty of stuff from the past which no longer airs that I still watch. Plenty of books I've read I still read. When a film's run is over in the theater, I still watch it at home. 

• Brohoof 10

Just now, Jeric said:

It's not like the moment the series finale airs, all G4 and all memories surrounding it will be erased from existence. How one closest to celebrate the show after it airs is completely up to that individual. There is plenty of stuff from the past which no longer airs that I still watch. Plenty of books I've read I still read. When a film's run is over in the theater, I still watch it at home. 

So true!

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Jeric said:

It's not like the moment the series finale airs, all G4 and all memories surrounding it will be erased from existence. How one chooses to celebrate the show after it airs is completely up to that individual. There is plenty of stuff from the past which no longer airs that I still watch. Plenty of books I've read I still read. When a film's run is over in the theater, I still watch it at home. 

Exactly! I'm still watching Courage the Cowardly Dog episodes wherever I can find them, for example.

Also, we'll still have fan works based around these wonderful characters!

• Brohoof 1

There are plenty of shows that currently don't air who still have active communities. Look how long people were still talking about Star Trek, DBZ, Doctor Who and Batman TAS when they went off the air, or how there were still communities for Harry Potter and Star Wars. 

Look at all that we've accomplished as a community in such a short time.  We'll still be around. We'll always be around. 

• Brohoof 3

On 2/13/2018 at 3:02 PM, Jeric said:

Very true, for I'm really into the LazyTown episodes and memes after it got cancelled in 2014. Meanwhile, I've also found G1 MLP episodes more fun and rewatchable than G4's premieres and finales.

• Brohoof 2

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎13 at 3:02 PM, Jeric said:

Exactly. So long as the fandom continues to exist through its various means, generation four won't really die upon its conclusion.

• Brohoof 2

I'm sure the fandom will still continue, and I don't think you'll need to say goodbye to all your favourite characters, as the episodes won't just vanish and will still be accessible for a long time. That and all the fan art, plushies, etc... will still be around.

• Brohoof 3

On 2/13/2018 at 6:02 PM, Jeric said:

@Jeric makes an excellent point here, and I agree completely. Once MLP ends, we will still be able to enjoy it!

And I for one won’t be going anywhere after the show ends. I’ll still be a part of this fandom. I’m sure many others are in the same boat. We’ll still have plenty of content creators making animations, fics, art, music, plushies, etc.!

And if we’re getting G5 (which is basically a given), then we should all give it a chance. Most of us probably wouldn’t have ever watched MLP if we didn’t give it a shot, and we found it to be a great show! So why not with G5?

On 2/24/2018 at 2:18 PM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Neither the season 9 rumors nor the generation 5 rumors have been confirmed or denied. I personally think it could be an elaborate hoax, the Internet is no stranger to this sort of thing.

This too. I think we shouldn’t come to any conclusions until hasbro themselves comes forward about this. I haven’t done my research on this very much, but I don’t think it’s anything to worry about, at least for now.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...