Captain Marvelous

53 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Lol. Octavia appears for one second and everybody is all excited.

You know they're a little lazy with the background characters when the one to the left of Octavia is just a color swap of her with a violin, and then the one on the furthest to the right is a violin player as well.

Anyway, enough about that (it's not that big of a deal). I enjoyed the episode. I like how Fancy Pants actually accepted Rarity's friends in the end. Usually this kind of plot doesn't lead toward that ending. =P

Also, the song reminded me a whole bunch of

. (soundwise) Edited by Envy

Hmm... it seems I have a blue haired cousin from Canterlot!

post-461-0-30603000-1322942470_thumb.jpg

Very similar to the original design I had in mind for my avatar, but alas I'm not good a drawing so when I made it on a Pony Maker program it came out different! :P

Anyway, great episode! It was nice to see some more background info on the Wonderbolts!

I think this episode supports my theory that Equestria is loosely based on Europe. Canterlot seems akin to England since the fancy ponies have British accents.

The song was pretty good in my opinion not as good as the Pet Song which seems like it's going to win best song of Season 2 if somepony doesn't stand up. (Hoping for a grand music number similar to Winter Wrap up).

The only issue I had for this episode was it may have been a bit too soon for another Rarity episode, though I only count Sisterhooves as half-Rarity since it is technically more of a Sweetie Bell episode.

Well on to the next one... *checks Ep 10 Speculation*

A Spike episode? Well this is LONG over due! :D

I think I've found my next avatar

... and a damn good one it is. :lol:

That was easily my favorite out of all of Rarity's outfits.

Rarity looks great in that outfit! It was my favorite in the whole episode. She rocked the gallery opening!

I think I've found my next avatar :wub:

The show stopper though was Pinkie's Party Cannon! Think about the split second mathematical calculations she had to make to figure muzzle velocity range and trajectory for every little piece of streamer and balloon!

Genius, pure genius, I tell's ya!

So I guess Rainbow Dash's weakness is a croquet mallet. Well, that and lasso rope.

Good episode. I like how they hinted at the "upcoming Grand Galloping Gala" (has it been a year already?) so maybe we'll see another shenanigans filled episode of the mane six literally bringing down the house. Er, castle.

I think this episode supports my theory that Equestria is loosely based on Europe. Canterlot seems akin to England since the fancy ponies have British accents.

Not necessarily - American aristocrats from New England and the Northeast in general have rather "British" accents. I mean,

?

I think this episode was, as a whole, a good episode. That said, I have some issues with it, mainly with Rarity not getting any sort of comeuppance for her lying. She only managed to get away with everything because Fancypants wasn't a total git, and the rest of the Canterlot elite were such utter tools as to agree with whatever he says. I'd much have preferred it if Rarity had to actually make the choice to abandon her Canterlot connections in favour of her friends, rather than being backed into a corner and only revealing it at the last second. She never actually revealed the full extent to which she lied, either, and I definitely think Opal deserved an apology after what Rarity put her through.

Rarity's still best pony though, and I did like that we got to see her in a couple of new outfits this episode.

Edit: Also, I have a fan theory concerning Fancypants:

His cutie mark is three crowns, so my theory is that he's a member of the royal family (in the same way that Prince Blueblood is a member of the royal family) or the holder of some high-ranking royal office close to Celestia. This closeness to Celestia would explain his kind and un-classist attitude towards the Mane Six, which is uncharacteristic of the Canterlot elite, but definitely in-character for Celestia. The fact that he's a Canterlot Unicorn with white skin (just like Blueblood) and a great deal of influence fits with this theory quite nicely, I think.

Edited by Krall
  • Brohoof 3

That said, I have some issues with it, mainly with Rarity not getting any sort of comeuppance for her lying.

I'm in agreement with this. Truth be told, I was a bit disappointed that her letter conversation with Celestia didn't even touch on the whole "don't create a massive web of lies around your friends" side of things.

But, even with that taken into consideration it was a good and enjoyable episode.

That my friends, is what you call a song. Also, when I heard Rarity say "Dear Princess Celestia", I got so confused because it wasn't Twilight's voice like I'm used to. But overall, it was a very good episode.

• Brohoof 2

I liked this episode and I enjoyed seeing more of Canterlot but does anypony else feel like between the last song and this one that the music is starting to sound different? Especially this song. It almost sounds like a straight up pop song to me. Not that it's bad, it's just different.

Edited by Apple Bloom

I'm actually kind of glad that Rarity didn't get called out in some way for lying, because to me that would have been so predictable.. I mean, sometimes in life, you do get away with stuff. That could be the tiny rebel/Rainbow Dash/teenager part of me talking, though.

Loved this episode! No such thing as too much Rarity. :D

• Brohoof 2

Am I the only pony that doesn't like how they started doing these episodes in the second season? Like how they have them about just one pony and it's pretty much just them instead of how they did it in the first season where everypony was involved in almost all episodes o.O?