Captain Marvelous

53 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Awesome episode. Twilight was so awkwardly adorable with her dancing ^_^ One of my favorite episodes thus far.

Did anyone catch what Pinkie said right after Rarity woke up after fainting (right after the scene where the Mane 6 come to Canterlot)? Sounded like she was saying something backwards.

• Brohoof 2

Rarity is not bad in this episode - its the other ponies pretensions which are, and if they fail to be lived up to, then its their fault. All these posh ponies who only look to appearances, who are determined to control here, they are the problem with their demands, rather than Rarity with her wishes and dreams.

I don't like the images of her coiffured mane tho, her mane needs to flow

It IS kinda funny she went on holiday with her pet cat - I've not seen that ever outside of France

Very Important Pony - VIP !

Twilight is cute in this episode. Pinkie is sweet - funny when Pinkie bounces in! Twilight about the dress is also so nice, she is cute pony! Pinkie's party cannon made me laugh - laughter is good, party cannon is good!

Twilight is lovely in her "very smart" to Rarity. Rainbow Dash is actually very funny in this episode, getting over being stuck up her own ass the previous two.

Rarity's final decision is brave and what her element is about - generosity when it is a sacrifice or an effort. And I think its Fancy Pants who shows himself, like Hoity Toity in a previous episode, able to blend his twin roles in life and appreciate Rarity's skill. Its very funny when the other posh ponies all follow his lead, false to their own prejudices but focusing on his leadership.

I'd give this an 8 out of 10, not least because it contains lessons we all need to learn

There's so much I love about this episode. The song, the art references, seeing more of Canterlot, Dat Fleur-de-lis. But there's one aspect that overshadows all of that, and makes me sad..

What about spike..?

Posted ImageForeverAlone.Jpg

Edited by Swoop
  • Brohoof 2

I think there's been too many episodes focused on one specific mane pony this season. I'm really starting to heavily prefer season 1 at this point.

Thats what I was thinking, but they're still enjoyable either way.

I liked this episode. Twilight had the most awkard dance. lol.

• Brohoof 1

Thats what I was thinking, but they're still enjoyable either way.

I liked this episode. Twilight had the most awkard dance. lol.

Twilight Dancing is cute pony!

I think there's been too many episodes focused on one specific mane pony this season. I'm really starting to heavily prefer season 1 at this point.

I see where you're going, but I think what the show is trying to do is get more in depth to each character. Sure, generalizing it makes things better, but it's ok if they each get their spotlight for an episode or two. BUT, I think having episodes centered around Applebloom aren't such wise ideas.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@

Rarity: "Opal, do you know what I love about Canterlot? Ahh. Everything! I may have been born in Ponyville, but I am a Canterlot pony at heart."

Joker: "Don't talk like one of them. You're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a ruffian, like me! They need you right now, but when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper! You see, their standards, their grace, it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized ponies, they'll eat each other."

Edited by Devin McCourty
  • Brohoof 1

@

Rarity: "Opal, do you know what I love about Canterlot? Ahh. Everything! I may have been born in Ponyville, but I am a Canterlot pony at heart."

Joker: "Don't talk like one of them. You're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a ruffian, like me! They need you right now, but when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper! You see, their standards, their grace, it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized ponies, they'll eat each other."

I have the sense that the Canterlot establishment would be a better target for Bane. You know, he can throw Fancy Pants out of his house and then blow open the gates of Tartarus.

"Do as you please!"

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This, I must say, was one of my favorite Rarity episodes. She learns real fast that one should never juggle between two parties at once though it did end up in her favor.

Also, Fancy Pants is now one of my new favorite ponies.

That dude is awesome

This episode also has one of my all time favorite songs in it as well. :3

it was quite catchy, I couldn't help but sing to it :3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This episode was just plain amazing.

I can't believe I didn't think Rarity's singing voice was very good! When I heard her solo here, my opinions entirely changed!

My favorite part is probably when RD questions her about the croquet mallet, and she's like, "What croquet mallet?" and RD replies, "Uh, the one in your mouth...?"

• Brohoof 2