Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been banned from a website?

Lucid_Nightlight

I got IP banned from Paladins Forums a few months ago (I'd just posted about it a few minutes ago and I have a feeling it sort of inspired this topic).

There's not much of a story to tell aside from an authoritarian mod who would consistently use the Code of Conduct as an excuse to give me reports by saying that I somehow had been causing trouble when all I had been doing is posting my opinions on Paladins as a game. After a while it began to anger me enough for me and several other members who'd been experiencing the same thing to start posting complaints about the mod abuse. But instead of actually READING OUR POSTS and trying to FIX THE PROBLEM, we had pour accounts banned because talking bad about him hurt his over-sized ego enough to pull something out of his ass, using the only rule in the code of conduct that made no sense whatsoever, one where it's a bannable offense to even say ANYTHING about any action taken by any mod. I wasn't the only one who got banned for basically no reason, either. About five members that I know of got banned using that excuse. Heck, even one of them actually got banned from Paladins ITSELF because he questioned the mod. I don't even know how there was even any authority WHATSOEVER to do that. Then tried to join the Paladins subreddit community, but they decided I was a bad person before I even started posting there because they don't agree with my opinons on the meta (and my opinon of pro-scene Barik players that have NO idea what they're doing) and the fact I've seen Grandmaster-level players play like $#!^. 

From my experiences, Paladins' community in general is just that toxic. It's literally worse than anything I've ever had to deal with playing League of Legends, and that says something.

• Brohoof 1

I was banned from an animal group because I'm a breeder (though I didn't have any animals at the time). The only thing I ever posted was a thread offering art requests. so I'm guessing someone recognized my style and knew me from other places. 

Edited by Total Lunar Eclipse

I got banned a few times on a Side called Forumla. ( a mostly german multimedia Forum ) First i got banned, because i created multiple Accounts so that i could talk to myself, since i was very bored. The second time i got banned was, because i was actually complaining about some Mods. Honestly i dont remember anymore, what exactly all happened. I have written about it in my Blog, but im not sure if that what i said, was completely true.

I guess i got angry, because some People, including Mods, were making fun of my sister, just because she liked a musical band called Tokio Hotel. I guess they just joked around and i took it to seriously, there is one thing i remember for certain, i called one mod a b****. At this point, everybody hated me.

I think i got banned three times on that Side.

I also got banned once on a german Mlp Side. I was bored at my work place, so i created a second account, got online and posted in the general Lounge Thread, that i would be twelve and that i would find Bronys laughable. First i got a warning. But because i was so dumb, i actually logged into my double account from my home computer ( the one, on which i created my first account ), so that the Admins could see, that i own two and they banned my second account.

I just got a warning for that too, but the negative points are already gone again. EDIT : Yes, it is okay if you read my ban Story in a Video.

Edited by Dune_Gosbil

I was banned from a forum because of "racism". There was no racial anything in anything in any of my posts. I suspected they wanted to ban someone that day, so they decided it would be me. Bastards. That whole site has gone to shit now, so I probably won't be making another account to be incognito on there.

I was actually banned from the official Call of Duty forums not too long ago. XD Basically, I brought up how the temporary events are garbage because they are bringing back much loved modes but only for a limited time, during the event itself. That clearly is a ploy to get people to play more during the limited event and thus, the possibility of them to buy loot boxes increases. I was bringing that up with pretty solid arguments but the fanboys basically just kept saying I was wrong and they kept defending Activision at every turn. Then the staff deleted my thread with no explanation, they gave me a warning without telling me the reason and I simply told them to fuck off. Boom, banned. As if I care. :P

I've been banned on ROBLOX too many times. Gotten a fair share of bans on my main account but there was also a time when I made countless troll alts when I was 12 years old and most of them have been perma'd.

• Brohoof 1

Believe it or not; yes. Over a decade ago I was a member of small X-Mean Evolution role-play forum. While the main admin was as sweet as she could be, her younger sister was co-admin and...was the exact opposite and could get quite hot-headed with people. A few fellow members, including my then girlfriend and myself, complained to the admin about it, she did nothing, we left en-masse, and we were promptly banned. This was maybe....2003 or so, IIRC.

Only site I have been banned from, but IIRC the site died a LONG time ago.

Not necessarily, but I often involve myself when intending to understand conflicting selves, if the opportunity arises.

To break any artificial configuration of individualism that might lead to cognitive dissonance within a social complex. This helps me understand myself in another forms.

Though the understanding is vaguegly superficial, and often ignorant in this regard, given the "forgetful nature" of third-density.

I got banned from one of my favorite furry sites. The site is 18+ and some dummy reported me as underage. At first, it was just a "you can't log in until we see proof of your age." Then it got worse. Since I had lost my state ID and don't have a driver's license, I couldn't take a picture of that for them. They said a birth certificate would work, but I don't have access to my birth certificate. Like, who at 18 does? I sent them a picture of my GED transcript that had my birthday on it along with a picture of my college ID. They responded "I'm sorry but since this can be easily faked, we cannot accept it." So I told them since my transcript wasn't legal enough for them they could just get rid of my account. I just recieved my replacement ID and fixed this so that I wouldn't get banned again. This happened several months ago. They had even IP-banned me!

As if an ID or DL can't be faked easily. Even a birth certificate can be faked. Like, how dumb can you get? I ended up making 2 other accounts after my ban under different names. The first one was just to spit on the admins for being stupid and telling them that they can't get rid of me and keep using my favorite furry site. The second one was because I forgot my password :please:

Edited by BlueBook

So, I occasionally browse http://myanimelist.net and lurk around for news. Never actually created an account. Well, apparently my IP address got banned and I was so peeved because I didn't do anything to get banned. I didn't even have an account, but I had somehow been banned from the site. Ugh. Then, fast forward a few weeks, and apparently the ban had been lifted. So bizarre!

Apart from that weird incident... I've never been banned before. I try to be civil and polite. I don't troll. And I don't attack other users.

I've been banned from 4chan several times for posting stuff in /mlp/ that you aren't supposed to.

I've also been banned on derpibooru 3 times for acting like an ass, and I fully admit to deserving them. And now I've been a moderater for the site for a year and a half, heh.

3 hours ago, Celli said:

I've been banned from 4chan several times for posting stuff in /mlp/ that you aren't supposed to.

I've also been banned on derpibooru 3 times for acting like an ass, and I fully admit to deserving them. And now I've been a moderater for the site for a year and a half, heh.

Lol, and do they even know you are a banned user :dash:?

3 hours ago, Celli said:

Who knew @Celli had a "Dark Side"? ^_^

Also, I don't think I've ever been banned from a website.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1