Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

SPBBL - Serious Pony Brewers Beer Lounge

PinkieShadow

4 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

*Hugs*

The writing is done.  I'm fresh out of inspiration.  How have you been?

Oh, mostly just marking time as xmas gets closer - going to spend it with my special somepony this year.

• Brohoof 1

42 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Oh, mostly just marking time as xmas gets closer - going to spend it with my special somepony this year.

That sounds very nice. *slides a cider over*  I'll have a pretty low-key holiday myself, just me and my special somepony.

1 minute ago, Flutterstep said:

Not a fan of beer, but I do love beer battered onion rings :nom:

*heats up the deep fryer*

1 hour ago, CypherHoof said:

There are also the aberdeen angus beef pies with ale in the gravy to consider :)

I’ll be sure to try them someday :-D

11 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

You're very welcome! *slides a basket of fresh beer-battered onion rings to @Flutterstep

:pinkie:

*noms delicious onion rings* :nom:

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, CypherHoof said:

Got me craving onion rings now. I wonder where I can buy them ready-cooked (as I don't have a deep fat frier at home)

They sell them in most supermarkets, through they’re never as nice as ones cooked in restaurants - especially TGI Friday’s beer battered onion rings smothered in Jack Daniel’s sauce. :nom:

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Flutterstep said:

They sell them in most supermarkets, through they’re never as nice as ones cooked in restaurants - especially TGI Friday’s beer battered onion rings smothered in Jack Daniel’s sauce. :nom:

They sell them ready to cook in most supermarkets (at least here; I am not speaking for other countries) but not precooked (which is probably a good thing; most supermarkets have their hot food in cabinets, and they can be there for hours; onion rings need to be freshly cooked or they go soggy)

plenty of pubs sell them as a side though, and I suspect some fast food places too. I may go hunt some down :)

52 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

They sell them ready to cook in most supermarkets (at least here; I am not speaking for other countries) but not precooked (which is probably a good thing; most supermarkets have their hot food in cabinets, and they can be there for hours; onion rings need to be freshly cooked or they go soggy)

plenty of pubs sell them as a side though, and I suspect some fast food places too. I may go hunt some down :)

I've had the frozen ones from the supermarket and they're not too bad.  Some brands are better than others; it's all a matter of personal taste.

24 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

I've had the frozen ones from the supermarket and they're not too bad.  Some brands are better than others; it's all a matter of personal taste.

They are nice if deep fried from frozen. Oven baked, they tend not to be so nice.

4 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

They are nice if deep fried from frozen. Oven baked, they tend not to be so nice.

I’ve only tried the oven ones and they’re so bland. Nothing beats deep fried but I don’t have a frier, so I just have them whenever I go to a pub or restaurant.

One restaurant was a con though. I asked for onion rings and they gave me them without the batter. They were onion rings but...not onion rings. :unsure:

17 minutes ago, Flutterstep said:

I’ve only tried the oven ones and they’re so bland. Nothing beats deep fried but I don’t have a frier, so I just have them whenever I go to a pub or restaurant.

One restaurant was a con though. I asked for onion rings and they gave me them without the batter. They were onion rings but...not onion rings. :unsure:

I had what are technically onion rings at lunch - sliced though an onion a few times, and fried the rings in garlic olive oil to go with some smoked franks...

Nice for franks, not the same as battered deep fried though...

57 minutes ago, Flutterstep said:

they gave me them without the batter. They were onion rings but...not onion rings. :unsure:

Had they called them sauteed onion rings, it might not have been as bad, at least you would have known what you were getting.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

*comes in and neatens things up...even though it's Hearthswarming, there may be a visitor or two...*

Well, the stallions disappearing to the pub for a sneaky pint or three while the hearthwarming dinner is cooking is an ancient tradition :)

6 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Well, the stallions disappearing to the pub for a sneaky pint or three while the hearthwarming dinner is cooking is an ancient tradition :)

True ... or sneaking away when the family gets to be too much (I'm guilty of doing that myself in my younger days)

5 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

True ... or sneaking away when the family gets to be too much (I'm guilty of doing that myself in my younger days)

Isn't it the same thing? :)

3 minutes ago, Califorum said:

Hello

Hi :)