Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Upcoming Equestria Girls Bishoujo Statues By Kotobukiya

ultrairongorilla

Japanese company Kotobukiya has announced Bishoujo Statuettes on the Equestria Girls series are in the works. What characters would you guys like to see the most? Personally I'd want the Sunset Shimmer one.:D

5a88ef9fda773_Ponystatue.jpg.334d691a22eedaf151f706e54493593b.jpg

Edited by ultrairongorilla
  • Brohoof 2

I'm so excited. I'm really hoping for a Celestia, mainly because I'm excited to see what kind of a pose they'd come up with. I'm excited to see what they dob with Applejack, but I am a little nervous that they're gonna make her too plain. I'd like to see her in an action pose with a lasso, but I feel like, if they make her, she will probably end up in a blander pose.I bet Rainbow Dash and Rarity will be lovely, though!

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

If Kotobukiya can turn Freddy and Jason into hot looking anime girls, there's no limit to what they can do with MLP.

FIGURE-006138_24.thumb.jpg.8e77ce5f4bd1a51d4ed7a15b4c8b9504.jpg

The finished sculpts have a long history of turning out better than the original illustrations too.

I want to see Trixie and Sunset the most.

I have a feeling that Hasbro will keep a tight leash on Kotobukiya when it comes to keeping the figures PG, though. Which I hope they don't oversexualize the ponies, personally, but I don't think it'll happen. 

Well let's see, I would like to see a Sunset Shimmer one that is in her FG outfit, a Fluttershy one that is in her digital series outfit, a Starlight Glimmer one, a Daydream Shimmer figure, and a Midnight Sparkle Figure

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, honeybuzz said:

I have a feeling that Hasbro will keep a tight leash on Kotobukiya when it comes to keeping the figures PG, though. Which I hope they don't oversexualize the ponies, personally, but I don't think it'll happen. 

I don't think that will be too much of a problem. Shunya Yamashita has shown that he can design attractive females without putting them in raunchy poses or revealing excessive skin.

jubilee-x-men-marvel-bishoujo-statue-9.thumb.jpg.32ed036f7474e4f7363349258b33a041.jpg

If Jubilee wasn't already an established X-Men character, I could see her blending in with the EQG cast nicely.

Just now, KillerKingBakudan said:

I don't think that will be too much of a problem. Shunya Yamashita has shown that he can design attractive females without putting them in raunchy poses or revealing excessive skin.

That makes me happy. I've got a Kitty Pryde statue which I like a lot, but boy oh boy it looks like she is wearing body paint instead of a suit!

I just hope that they'll still be in interesting poses, maybe with more dynamic stands! I love the Bishoujo statues that look great from different angles (I love the Chucky one for that reason). You're right, though, Jubilee looks perfect and I hope they go that direction with the MLP ones! I'd love to see a Celestia in a similar grand pose like Storm. :pinkie:

Image result for bishoujo storm

Since the Mane Six wore skirts in the original EQG, Sakura would be another good influence for these statues.

street-fighter-sakura-bishoujo-statue.jpg.b530230ef07815728b64e8c6975b2568.jpg

This is a Street Fighter character whose popularity more or less stems from endless panty shots, which this Bishoujo clearly delivers on. But if Shunya was tasked with designing another statue that was appropriate for kids, he could use her most recent design in SF5 where she wore bloomers to replace her red panties from the old games. It's basically underwear that has more of a resemblance to thin shorts than anything else.

eQjMgTaG-720.jpg.e8e820db168598c344cddaa3f548f59a.jpg

In essence, an SF5 Sakura Bishoujo can have her skirt flowing freely without upsetting parents. And so can the Mane Six.

• Brohoof 1

On 2/18/2018 at 9:53 PM, DJ_Bonebraker said:

I definitely need to see about picking up a few of these for my collection, provided I have the cash for it.

So do I yo. I mean, anime EG statuettes seems too good to pass on 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Funny, yesterday I've visited a store which sells some Bishoujo, and I'd think about these upcoming EGs. It seems they've dropped the silhouette of Twi. I hope we see the actual statuettes soon

medium.jpeg

11 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Funny, yesterday I've visited a store which sells some Bishoujo, and I'd think about these upcoming EGs. It seems they've dropped the silhouette of Twi. I hope we see the actual statuettes soon

medium.jpeg

That would so be mine! :o

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

All right, we now know an official approximate release date, plus a Pinks prototype. Didn't expect them to be horse included  :dash:

Edit: DERP me :muffins:, me forgets link

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2018/07/sdcc-begins-kotobukiya-reveals.html?m=1

Holy shit, that's awesome!

If they come with ponies, then that puts Vinyl on my wishlist.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...