Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Some interesting info on the EQG timeline/continuity?

PhantomInfinite

So they are in a high school that starts at 8th grade it seems. I suppose that makes sense given that the Mane 6 excluding Sci-Twi mention that Sunset was mean to them in 8th grade. This whole time I thought they were Seniors, when they are actually Juniors. Hmmm, my age theory is a bit more plausible for the CMC, but now... the Mane 6 Are a bit more confusing... I wonder if they are seniors in FF. 

Edit: I reviewed it, they don’t say 8th grade. Mandela Effect I suppose. Forgive me for my mistake.

Edited by Nye
8th = 9th

6 minutes ago, Nye said:

So they are in a high school that starts at 8th grade it seems. I suppose that makes sense given that the Mane 6 excluding Sci-Twi mention that Sunset was mean to them in 8th grade. This whole time I thought they were Seniors, when they are actually Juniors. Hmmm, my age theory is a bit more plausible for the CMC, but now... the Mane 6 Are a bit more confusing... I wonder if they are seniors in FF. 

Um, I don't think 8th grade. In the specials, they said 9th grade.

We thought they were seniors because the first movie shows Sunset winning three previous Fall Formals making that one her fourth hence, Senior year. She also takes those pictures down later in "My Past is Not Today."

I guess their retconning that little moment and want to make the timeline be this:

-Sunset arrives during their Freshman year (possibly near the middle so she's around long enough to gain "Biggest Meanie" status.)

-The yearbooks are printed and the HuMane 5 are still friends

-At some point, either during the end of the year or over summer, Sunset breaks up their friendship for good until fall of their Sophmore year. That is the first movie.

-Rainbow Rocks and Equestria Games take place during their Sophmore year.

-Legend of Everfree takes place between the Summer of Sophmore and Junior year.

-This leads to Dance, Movie, and Mirror Magic taking place early Junior year right after summer (Crystal Prep's just getting a big head start on their Spring Break plans).

-Finally the online shorts have been taking place throughout their Junior year with Forgotten Friendship taking place near the middle to end when yearbooks usually come out.

7 minutes ago, KH7672 said:

-At some point, either during the end of the year or over summer, Sunset breaks up their friendship for good until fall of their Sophmore year. That is the first movie.

But Sunset had won the Fall Formal Crown 3 times already in the first movie hadn't she? I'm just on trying to remember, so I could definitely be wrong.

Edit: Sorry missed the part when you're trying to explain their "new" timeline.

Edited by DonMaguz

10 hours ago, KH7672 said:

We thought they were seniors because the first movie shows Sunset winning three previous Fall Formals making that one her fourth hence, Senior year. She also takes those pictures down later in "My Past is Not Today."

I guess their retconning that little moment and want to make the timeline be this:

-Sunset arrives during their Freshman year (possibly near the middle so she's around long enough to gain "Biggest Meanie" status.)

-The yearbooks are printed and the HuMane 5 are still friends

-Rainbow Rocks and Equestria Games take place during their Sophmore year.

-Legend of Everfree takes place between the Summer of Sophmore and Junior year.

-This leads to Dance, Movie, and Mirror Magic taking place early Junior year right after summer (Crystal Prep's just getting a big head start on their Spring Break plans).

-Finally the online shorts have been taking place throughout their Junior year with Forgotten Friendship taking place near the middle to end when yearbooks usually come out.

Uh, no, first movie and everything else is junior year. Ishi ruddell once said they are between junior and senior year. And two photos are fall formal and one is spring fling from the sme year.

Here's how I perceive it:

EqG1 – Early Fall of Junior Year
Rainbow Rocks – Early Spring of Junior Year
Friendship Games – May of Junior Year
Legend of Everfree – early Summer
Magical Movie Night specials – mid Summer
Summertime Shorts (barring the first three) – late Summer

Really, for a series that has never really planned out a timeline like this, things stay pretty dang consistent and reasonable until you get to the digital shorts. I feel like a few of them take place at the very end of Junior year ("The Finals Countdown", "Queen of Clubs"), a handful take place in the Summer ("Star Crossed", "My Little Shop of Horrors"), and most of the CYOE episodes take place at the beginning of Senior year.

Heck, Forgotten Friendship likely took place shortly after "Queen of Clubs", which would’ve been at the very tail end of Junior year. What I’m saying is the events seem kind of out of order from the digital series on but you can form a solid timeline if you try hard enough.

• Brohoof 1

Considering how closely associated with Equestria Girls he is, I'd take what Ishi Rudell says as accurate until we get further information.

Everyone always seems to try and rationalise this based on the assumption that schooling in the EQG universe is the same as schooling in America in this universe.  It is a reasonable assumption, given that it is an American franchise, but it is by no means guaranteed.  In Scotland, for example, we spend six years in high school.

• 4 weeks later...

Sunset Shimmer won her first "Spring Fling" with a smile in her face.

The second "win" she got was on her first "Fall Formal"; here is when she started to become mean and manipulative (this is where that baloon Mabel Pines got "backstabbed").

By the time of the "Last Spring Debacle"; she had no other choice but to sabotage Rarity´s popularity to win.

EQG1 starts days before Sunset Shimmer´s second Fall Formal.

The portal opens once every 30 moon cycles FROM THE EARTH SIDE (about 2 and a half years); as It would mean nothing if Princess Luna talked about "moons" from the Equestria side ( since it was data Princess Twilight should known in case SHE MISSED IT, for her to come back then).

-> Since Sunset came from Equestria (a little AFTER the time for a "Spring Fling"); she either did not participated on that same first year´s Fall Formal, or she lost it (this assuming those events already existed back then, as we did not see any other photos of any other girl in Principal Celestia´s office).

If we assume this first year is when the humane five met and took that early yearbook photo (the "freshman year"); then they remained friends through the next year (sophomore) without incident; with their friendship being broken by Sunset on their third year [just previous to EQG1].

-> The events of the 4 movies happened in this "third highschool year" that is probably the 10th ;as it is implied in "Forgotten Friendship" that Wallflower Blush met Sunset Shimmer [in 9th] after Sunset joined C.H.S. (but not necesary "as soon as" she came from Equestria, since Sunset had no real NEED to go to school inmediatly, she probably waited for the begining of the next scholar year).

Edited by SilverComet