Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things we've believed as a kid

Lucid_Nightlight

that the government served the people. That my country was the "freest" in the world. Kids believe almost anything an adult tells them is the truth, because why would an adult lie? As a kid, some of the adults in my life were like flawless saints to me. Only as an adult myself did I realize that adults are every bit as flawed as kids

• Brohoof 2

I mentioned this in another thread, but the first time I heard the phrase "run for president" I thought there was literally going to be a footrace between two candidates in order to become the president.

I also used to think Thomas and Friends was a real show and that there actually was a place called Sodor somewhere in the world.

I remember when I was about five years old, my grandparents were moving from their house that up until that point in my life, had been the only house I had known them to live in, to a different house in another town. I was SUPER upset and I bawled and cried because I thought that if they moved, I would be "reassigned" new grandparents who would move into their old house, and I didn't want new grandparents, I wanted them! :lol:

(edited)

i used to think in primary school, crap was a swear word. yes, i thought crap was a swear word and grassed on people who said it in school.

Edited by univ3rse

I thought that Sherlock Holmes was a real person, there was a guy who’s job it was to turn the sun on and off, and after seeing something like 2 episodes of Dr Who at my aunt and uncle’s, that phone boxes were bigger on the inside. I was so disappointed when I got taken inside one for the first time.

Everything I believed as a child, I still believe in. My awareness of ideas and reality perceives it all as a whole. It isn't divided by illusive paradoxes of duality or distortions of polarity.

It's truly a perfect creation in all its aspects, both ugly and beautiful.

So, say I want to manipulate a dream into lucidity and instatly emulate reality, I can. Or, take intelligence outside the organic being.

Belief is, for me, metaphysical awareness. It is unconditional, and limitless, unless you decide otherwise.

When someone believes god, it creates an aspect of the intelligence of our universe, and colors it with distortions of polarity that are unique to this very being. It's a reciprocal exchange of intelligence. Neither one created each other, yet they both shape each other. Understanding itself.

Inside my mind, all is welcome. Because otherwise I would be denying myself.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used to think there was a dinosaur shadow in my Grandparent’s house. I also thought said Shadow was a real dinosaur.

On 11/4/2018 at 1:46 AM, Twilight Luna said:

I didn't know anything about food digestion. So, I thought food just piled up inside your body. Yeah I know, shut up. I was little.

Same

• Brohoof 2

When I was a child, my siblings told me that, If I ever opened my brother's closet, an army of milliona of ants would come out and attack me. I guess they didn't want me in there for some reason.

I used to believe that you needed to take a pill to grow facial hair and that there were different pills for different styles - Mustaches, Sideburns etc. I also thought that you needed to be 18 to legally take this pill. I didn't learn the truth until I was eleven and I started growing facial hair on my upper lip.

I used to believe that when a couple get married, the kiss at the end of a wedding ceremony would make the bride... well, pregnant. 

When I was a little kid, I thought a hurricane was a giant monster that blew wind really hard.

I also recall, for much of my childhood, believing that the black seeds in a watermelon are poisonous. :mlp_huh:

That the transformers on power lines were actually slushy machines. 

And that there were only 4 months in a year. September through December. Never realized my birthday wasn't in any of those months. 

I used to think that we'll change our names when we become adults. I don't know why I had that kind of thought.

I was also confused about our excretion system, I mean all the foods enter through the same place, but why do they get out from two separate exits? Until I learnt biology in the 8th grade. (Also, I used to think that it's magically sorted by God, how stupid I was)

Edited by Kevin Tang

• 3 weeks later...

Uh, let's see....

I believed that the National Air and Space Museum was a space museum about an astronaut named Aaron.  (The National Aaron Space Museum.)

I believed that a staph infection was an infection that affected the entire staff.

I believed in a god.

• 1 month later...

Got a strange one here for ya, boys.

Growing up, I always thought that Jiminy Cricket from Pinocchio was a balding leprechaun, as opposed to an actual cricket.:mlp_laugh:

I thought that his antennae were just two strands of hair. Plus, let's be fair, the top hat didn't really do much to sell him as a cricket, did it? :mlp_icwudt:

I don't know, he just didn't look like a cricket, so I just assumed "Cricket" was just his surname, like how some people have animal surnames. I was a weird kid. :nom:

Image result for jiminy cricket pinocchio