Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Complain About Something

Altastrofae
Message added by Jeric

This topic is for general venting. This is not the proper platform to complain about the MLPF Community or Forum Issues. We have an entire section devoted to that. Thank you

You know what really grinds my gears?

People who come with you to hang out somewhere but spend the entire time off in their own world on their phones. They might as well have not come along at all.

That happened to one of my friends on his birthday a couple weeks ago. :dry: Him and I were both fairly peeved. And the worst part was that one of the offending people was my friend's older brother who was more interested in drinking at the bowling alley's bar than spending time with his brother.

• Brohoof 4

Customers at work who complain about either I, or a co-worker's service to them just because we're busy and trying to multi task. We're not ignoring you! Just working on something else while you browse your phone for that silly coupon!

• Brohoof 2

You schedule a meeting with the bank. You spend two days preparing for the meeting; you work an hour later the previous day so you can leave an hour earlier on the next to ensure you'll make it on time. You get stuck in a construction/school traffic jam, but because you planned accordingly, you still get there 15 minutes ahead of schedule.

Meanwhile... the financial advisor is who knows where. They never show up for the meeting and you end up talking with someone else who just happened to be there. Am I the only one who takes appointment deadlines seriously? It's a sign of respect showing up on the agreed time; if you're late, you're wasting the other person's valuable time waiting for you to turn up because of your procrastination and lack of rudimentary time management skills. Why bother making appointments if you aren't going to keep them? 3:30 doesn't mean 4:00 or even 3:40, it means 3:30!

It's a major annoyance of mine and it severely taints my impressions of a person if they can't keep to an appointment for unjustified reasons.

• Brohoof 3

I get annoyed when people don't send me payment after purchasing/winning my card auctions over on eBay. I know they have busy lives and aren't always able to get it done straight away but it bothers me to know end when I'm forced to wait for what feels like forever.

• Brohoof 1

It's freaking obnoxious when a person expects a very specific kind of answer to something and get mad when I don't answer the way they want me to. I'm not a machine that just produces answers that always cater to your weird expectations, binch. :glimmer:

It bugs that you arn’t even allowed to punish your child anymore without being frowned upon by modern society. Parents just let their kids run amok in places restaurants and stores, knocking things over and being a pain to the staff. “Oh, little Timmy is just the little sweetheart.” Do you realize how big of a mess your child made in the middle of the facilty? It also doesn’t help that the parents let their kids watch those awful treehouse cartoons like “Dora the Exploerer”, “Claudio” (Or whatever his name is; the bald kid.) and that one about those wrinkly, fat, fuzzy dudes with no necks. (“Boohbahs”or whatever.) especially when the volume on the device they bring to to table is set so high that everyone can hear it! Those kids have no manners either. One time I went to Tim Horton’s with my Dad and we having sandwiches and drinks. This kid went up to our table and tried grabbing our food with his gross chubby hands. The mother of the kid got mad at us for telling the kid to go away and leave us alone. 

I really hate it when kids are running around in movie theatres. You’re supposed to be quiet in there, not be running around disrupting all the people who paid quite a lot of money to see a show. I’ve even seen parents take kids in shows that are rated R (Not sure what your country’s rating system is.) and get mad at the workers for exposing their preoicous little snowflake to some gentials or swearing. Speaking of special little snowflakes, I got chewed out at a parent because his kid was being an idiot and rammed into me and a younger kid I was helping teach skate at a little thing we do at figure skating. So I’m helping this little girl, and the bloody other kid rams into my legs from behind, and he falls over. The kid gets up and skates off. I almost fell on the little girl though. After we’re done on the ice with the kids, the parent of the kid (who nearly made a tall skater with stabby bits on the end of his blades (me) Injure a small six year old.) comes walking towards me and got in my face about how “Little Jhonson is not getting 24/7 attention from you guys and I paid for m son to learn and I’m being ripped of because you shoved him  over and he’s hurt.” I don’t care if your six your old is going to be the next Tom Brady/Lysiak in the NHL. You are getting made at me because your kid is apparently the centre of the bloody universe. 

I’m done now,  it only because I’ve ran out of words to put my thoughts into. 

Feel free to give your thoughts on this.

• Brohoof 3

I have this supermarket on my block, but they don't have the big jar of nutella, just this ridiculous miniature presentation, because inflation makes it unprofitable to have a wider variety of products, since nobody would buy it otherwise. So I have to send my people to get them, which takes hours of waiting.

This world can be such an unfair place sometimes.

• Brohoof 1

48 minutes ago, Jaspers said:

It's freaking obnoxious when a person expects a very specific kind of answer to something and get mad when I don't answer the way they want me to. I'm not a machine that just produces answers that always cater to your weird expectations, binch. :glimmer:

That reminded me when my ex friend once asked me to tell him what I really think about him, I was going easy on him and told him his basic flaws, when he saw the message he started trashtalking me and complaining about it, which is one of the many reasons he's not my friend anymore. :) 

The thing that bugs me a lot and really the only thing since I'm a very easy going person is that my brother will tell me he'll get something for my birthday then won't get me anything and a month later tell me he forgot or didn't have money but then buy himself things.  Next thing is he'll say that he will buy me something later, this has been happening for 3 years or so, if this is some kind of elaborate joke then I just don't get it.  I won't complain but if I end up with money and he expects something and doesn't get anything, well lets just say he should have seen it coming and I don't make promises to anyone either.  Also not forgetting the many times he was just an out right rude person to me just to better himself and then turn around telling me sorry and then come back at it again but I haven't ever done anything to him to really deserve it, just always trying to be nice and play games with him and stuff like that.

• Brohoof 1

What really annoys me is stupid people. These people fall under certain categories I've made up.

1.) Delinquents.

These people just hate rules and often get in trouble with the police. The worst part is... They actually BRAG about running from police. How stupid does one have to be to actually be proud of that? I see them a lot at my school.

2.) Sovereign Citizens

These people basically go around with a camera and film police and start saying that the police has no authority. They'll go around carrying a bunch of copies of the Bill of Rights (which I bet they didn't read themselves) and give them to every cop they see. Then they'll refer to the Articles of Confederation which have been overturned a long time ago!

3.) The Entitled

These people are typically found on collage campuses protesting about something that shouldn't even protested. They think they can have whatever they want and have no idea of the real world. No one cares about your safe space.

• Brohoof 2

I fucking hate it when someone makes a thread about a hypothetical scenario that's not open for disscusion. Like "Would you have liked the mlp movie more if it was perfect in every way and also cured cancer?" Or threads were if you find a problem with the scenerio you get told "But that problem doesn't count". 

• Brohoof 2

20 hours ago, They call me Loyalty said:

I have this supermarket on my block, but they don't have the big jar of nutella, just this ridiculous miniature presentation, because inflation makes it unprofitable to have a wider variety of products, since nobody would buy it otherwise. So I have to send my people to get them, which takes hours of waiting.

This world can be such an unfair place sometimes.

I envy you for having Nutella people!

This is a dumb thing to complain about but I've recently started to hate my hair. It feels totally pointless to have such a mass of tangles on my head when it indeed doesn't do anything else than get tangled because the hood of my hoodie touched it. Every day I'm given more reasons to just chop that shit off. :dry: On some days I almost consider just shaving my head completely.

WARNING: INTENSE RANT AHEAD, VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!

You know what I absolutely cannot stand? Stupid people! For five days a week I go to school and when I try to get my work done, but stupid people distract me. They're screaming stupid things, they through things at the trashcan, they don't stay on tasks, and they always run around the room!

All I want to do is get my work done and they just won't shut up. These people are always failing their classes and some of them are even PROUD of it!

A lot of them brag about doing illegal activity and running from law enforcement! How is being a criminal something to be proud of!?

And for you fully grown adults on the forums, these are the people you'll have to depend on in the future.

• Brohoof 2

1. I can't stand the notion that a guy can't just be friends with a girl. My best friend is a girl, and I'm currently in a relationship with a different girl. Neither of them is jealous nor hostile toward the other. IRL I get along better with the opposite sex. That's just who I am. Checkmate! :toldya:

2. I can't stand people who twist other people's words to mean whatever they want them to mean, rather than recognizing the original context of said words.

3. I put too much pepper on the spaghetti I just had for lunch, and it was painfully spicy. :( And I usually don't mind spicy food... :sunny:

4. I think Kyle Busch--a NASCAR driver, in case you don't know--is a pain in the ass and could learn a thing or two from his older brother Kurt who has finally started to mature and really deserve his success.

Spoiler

Granted, Brad Keselowski used to be the same way. Though he did have a point here. ;)