Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Complain About Something

Altastrofae
Message added by Jeric

This topic is for general venting. This is not the proper platform to complain about the MLPF Community or Forum Issues. We have an entire section devoted to that. Thank you

Why am I fucking sick?! Just why? I can be doing something useful or maybe making a new invention with my friend Leo, but noo I just had to get the flu!

Also, WHY DON'T PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT PUPPIES GROW UP! I'm tired of needing to pick up abandoned dogs and then calling the owner, only to be told that they didn't expect it to grow that big! They should have expected the responsibility,I'M SO FUCKING TIRED OF IT!

• Brohoof 3

5 minutes ago, shadowwarp940 said:

Why am I fucking sick?! Just why? I can be doing something useful or maybe making a new invention with my friend Leo, but noo I just had to get the flu!

Also, WHY DON'T PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT PUPPIES GROW UP! I'm tired of needing to pick up abandoned dogs and then calling the owner, only to be told that they didn't expect it to grow that big! They should have expected the responsibility,I'M SO FUCKING TIRED OF IT!

I hope you feel better. *hugs*

My complaint of the day...

I'm tired of winter! Get us out Celestia!

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, shadowwarp940 said:

Those people seriously need to watch Forever Filly. That episode shows that puppies have to grow up sooner or later.

Know what I mean?

1. Why didn’t my band directors tell me about this audition?! I just wanted to enjoy my weekend, but instead I’m going to be practicing the whole time!:glimmer:

2. Why do people have to judge you for being different? Yeah, I like things a lot of other people don’t, and that gives you reason to hate me?!>_>

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

Those people seriously need to watch Forever Filly. That episode shows that puppies have to grow up sooner or later.

Know what I mean?

Of course I do, how can I not! I'm an ACI, it is literally my job to respond to calls about animal cruelty

• Brohoof 1

Just now, shadowwarp940 said:

Of course I do, how can I not! I'm an ACI, it is literally my job to respond to calls about animal cruelty

What does ACI stand for? I think I'm getting a different answer to the acronym.

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

What does ACI stand for? I think I'm getting a different answer to the acronym.

It stands for animal cruelty investigator, let me guess: you got the American concrete institute instead 

• Brohoof 1

It sometimes bothers me how it takes me longer than it should on the line to pay off bills, because some elderly woman goes on and on about her grandson or some other unrelated matter with the cashier.
I mean, it becomes kinda obvious not even their own families can stand them, and that's why you have to talk about something that few people would care about, with a bank employee obliged by the civility implied on contract.

Just a pet peeve of mine, which is more sad than anything else.

Dragon Ball Super's Future Trunks Saga sucked, and Zamasu was worst villain (e.g.: his sudden Hijacked By Ganon over the actually cool Goku Black, his out-of-nowhere "screensaver" form that instantly made the entire battle pointless, etc.).

P.S.: "Zamasu"? More like "Zama-Sue."

When people openly say it's "good" or "hot" or "cute" that someone got abused, mutilated, beaten, raped, stalked...

Sometimes it's because the victim is said to be a bad person and there's a sense of justice. But you have no right to judge them; you don't have all the facts, you don't even know if the accusations are true.

But sometimes, it's for no valid reason; I mean there surely are reasons, but they're not valid. Maybe it's your kink, I won't judge you; or the abuser and victim are married, or it's a woman doing it to a man, or the abuser is too shy to properly ask their crush out.

Doesn't change the fact that it's still wrong, and it's not a fictional fucking story. It's an actual event that happened to somebody, who'll likely remember it and suffer for a while, possibly the rest of their life.

(This obviously does not apply to roleplays where 2+ people collectively agreed to act out an abusive scenario.)

Timezones are a load of crap and we should abolish them!

I spent five hours today stepping through a piece of software to see why it wasn't generating the data it was expected to generate. The issue was the spreadsheet was wrong; it was using the wrong bloody timezone! They serve no useful purpose beyond making people frustrated and confused. "5 PM your time or my time?" How often have you heard that one? Then on top of that, DST. Let's periodically screw over people's sleep schedules by adding and removing an hour because the sun rises/sets earlier. Because clearly the rise and fall of the sun is more important than peoples' sleep schedules and overall health.

Honestly, screw the sun! We owe it no favours, it's likely going to blow up on us in a few billion years anyway and burn the earth to a crisp if we haven't destroyed it first. We shouldn't have to deal with DST and timezones to synchronize ourselves with the sun, the sun should synchronize to our systems! Sure we may lose the ability to go "Oh, it's night in England because their timezone is 8 hours offset", but I think the painlessness of global synchronization and the death of daylight savings time more than makes up for it. 6:00 AM doesn't need to be sunrise; it's just some arbitrary measurement. The sun could very well rise at 7:00 PM and humanity would continue to function as usual.

(I feel a lot better now that's off my chest.)

• Brohoof 2

I hate how my teachers feel it is okay to give two days worth of homework the night before final exams. I am probably will not get sleep. :( And that will just cause me to lose focus during the exams. It’s like they are trying to make students fail.

6 minutes ago, Celtore said:

Timezones are a load of crap and we should abolish them!

I spent five hours today stepping through a piece of software to see why it wasn't generating the data it was expected to generate. The issue was the spreadsheet was wrong; it was using the wrong bloody timezone! They serve no useful purpose beyond making people frustrated and confused. "5 PM your time or my time?" How often have you heard that one? Then on top of that, DST. Let's periodically screw over people's sleep schedules by adding and removing an hour because the sun rises/sets earlier. Because clearly the rise and fall of the sun is more important than peoples' sleep schedules and overall health.

Honestly, screw the sun! We owe it no favours, it's likely going to blow up on us in a few billion years anyway and burn the earth to a crisp if we haven't destroyed it first. We shouldn't have to deal with DST and timezones to synchronize ourselves with the sun, the sun should synchronize to our systems! Sure we may lose the ability to go "Oh, it's night in England because their timezone is 8 hours offset", but I think the painlessness of global synchronization and the death of daylight savings time more than makes up for it. 6:00 AM doesn't need to be sunrise; it's just some arbitrary measurement. The sun could very well rise at 7:00 PM and humanity would continue to function as usual.

(I feel a lot better now that's off my chest.)

Agreed omg

I had this issue, my site's timezone was different from the server's timezone, causing the database to be out of sync with the rest of the site, and the cron jobs were in military time. It was a mess. 

I don't know why we can't get rid of them. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

LMAO timezones make total sense.

Take for example the various studies that specify a certain optimal meal and sleep schedule. Things like exposure to sunlight are a major factor, life will feel different depending on how far into the day you are. If everyone shared the same hour, we'd have to find a way to translate that into "local optimal" hours or something.

Those who're having trouble with them, just remember things are much easier than if they hadn't existed, and find solace. ^_^

-

You know what's complete bullshit though? Daylight Savings Time (which was also brought up).

It's meant to improve the amount of daylight you benefit from, and prevent you from going out in the dark, or something.

But guess what, that fucks up everything about a healthy lifestyle. You mastered food and work and sleep, congratz; now everything is off by one hour, good luck kbai~

I mean, shit, it doesn't even meet the goals it's supposed to achieve. With summer time, you get up one hour earlier, but you also must go to bed earlier unless you wanna be sleep-deprived. In winter, you go out one hour later, but you also come back one hour later in the pitch-black night.

I think there were actual studies that proved the harm of DST...

Just... keep things fucking coherent so people don't have to fight their own biology during work days. As for vacations, you do whatever you want anyway; sleep in late in a summer morning or go party all night in winter.

Edited by Feather Spiral
found studies into the effects of DST...

(edited)

Can the Paladins playerbase seriously not think Bird's opinions are fact? Half of what he says makes little to no sense and he does such a poor job of even justifying the positions he presents.

For example, he says Torvald's busted because of his shield. You know, WRECKER EXISTS? His ult is terrible on most maps? Not to mention he can't even actually sustain enough to be a proper tank? Even BARIK has better sustain than Torvald, frankly... AND BARIK DOES DAMAGE! Sure Torvald's shield is actually pretty OP, but the fact he doesn't seem to recognize it's the best part of his kit and has an insane lack of knowledge about the rest of his kit makes me wonder why he's even a pro player...

I understand it is an opinion, but if I disagree with him I shouldn't be automatically attacked for what I think. That is totally and completely ridiculous.

Edited by Barique

When someone doesn't provide info I need/want, and I forget to ask until the very second we're parting. It happened just yesterday, as a matter of fact several times throughout the day.

After my mom had a minor intervention, they had to keep her overnight due to unexpected circumstances. My dad called home several times to tell us about it, and to say he was staying there for the night. But every single time, he didn't say what the exact problem was, and by the time I remembered to ask, he'd hung up. I had no idea it was an infection, until one of our friends mentioned it when asking for news this morning.

Edited by Feather Spiral

When somebody tells me to do something that will take half an hour to do the right way... In less than 10 minutes. How am I supposed to sweep this entire house in 10 minutes? It's filled with dirt and other junk. There's so much dirt in this house that quite frankly it may even take a couple of hours to really sweep it clean. But you know what? Sure I'll try to do something with 10 minutes. But I won't promise clean floors, because I surely can't do that. No way at all I or any being on this planet could.

When somebody tells me how to do something... I have more experience doing than they do with it.... Talked about it in my most recent status, but somebody tried to tell me how to play my main when they were in a match with me doing jack s*** for the team whatsoever. Also, they apparently have only played him for less than a TWENTIETH of the time I have. Worst of all, his winrates were absolutely atrocious, and at that point he was on a 8-loss streak, and in most of those he performed terribly. No joke. Doesn't help his case EITHER that he was actually lower ELO than I am and my ELO had deteriorated a long ways after not playing for FOUR MONTHS.

I was okay with Brock Lesnar being the one to end The Streak.

But I was anything but okay with Roman Reigns getting to beat The Undertaker next (and knowing Vince McMahon's pettiness, he probably booked that precisely to spite Reigns's critics -- which are just about everyone, really).

Edited by A.V.

-I've been sick for over a month. Every time there's a chance for full heal, it starts to pour rain and someone within my parameter gets sick.

-I have no idea what I'm doing as far as my next cosplays go. I work my best and worst at the last minute.

-I think I've possibly been scammed for something I bought but never received despite my tracking number said it delivered. That,  or some rotten person decided to steal my package.

:(

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Nature Tune said:

It bugs me....when people (a.k.am your mom) nags you for complaining, JUST LET US COMPLAIN ALREADY

Oh my lord, this.

I complain because it makes me feel better, it does not mean you are a terrible person. Yet I can't comfortably joke or complain (even about ongoing stuff), too worried I'll hurt their feelings and they'll get defensive or correct me over it.

Happened with my mom, people and staff on previous forums, on social media, even the Discord server staff; several times.

Strangely enough, the same people see no problem doing those things to me; make fun of every small mistake or take offense to something that wasn't even about them. It's only when I joke or complain that I'm being "rude" and "overreacting" and "causing drama".

• 1 month later...

You know what really grinds my gears?

When you're behind someone on the road and they see someone on the opposite side they know, so they stop in the middle of the street to have a conversation. Hey, don't worry about me. It's not like I need to get somewhere or anything.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

When people do really dumb things and learn absolutely nothing from it. Annoying as all hell.

Edited by Cash_In