Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Complain About Something

Altastrofae
Message added by Jeric

This topic is for general venting. This is not the proper platform to complain about the MLPF Community or Forum Issues. We have an entire section devoted to that. Thank you

Okay, I get liking music loud. But, WHEN YOU CAN LITERALLY FEEL YOUR EAR DRUMS READY TO BURST AND YOU HAVE TO START YELLING TO ACTUALLY GET ANYTHING ACROSS IT MIGHT BE A BIT TOO LOUD. But hey maybe you deserve to go deaf, because you decided to turn the music up so loud people can hear it through walls literally half a football field away... Dad... :unamused:

Games are so boring, empty and generic now! :scoots:

They all look the same, play the same, beg for more money the same. Years ago a game would be complete and full of content that can be enjoyed for years and never require additional payments. Now they’re buggy, unfinished, full of microtransactions and lack identity.

War games used to feature actual wars in them; now they’re just colourful fantasy playgrounds. Crime games were mature and offensive; now they’re Sci-Fi action games. Horror games were based on suspense and atmosphere; now they’re jump-scare walking simulators.

Games suck now! :angry:

The ^above^ can be generalized to all apps.

Companies used to have alpha- and beta-testers to ensure their programs would run smoothly and customers got their money's worth.

Now they're using us customers as beta-testers instead, so we have to download update after patch after bugfix. Plus, unnecessary "features" literally nobody even asked for, which just take up memory (and HD) space. Sometimes the "addition" can even make the program unstable, so now they have to fix that too, when no one's gonna even benefit from the extra load.

I know you wanna save money to be a successful business; but can't you do that without making users pay for unfinished work, then forcing them to spend ten minutes updating?

• 3 weeks later...

I can't complain enough about Path of Exile's Ascendancy Trials. Simply put, they're a f***ing stupid concept with execution that made me think that the person who designed it might have gotten a legit lobotomy beforehand...  Never once has my experience of a game been so RUINED by ONE very specific thing. It's almost like I can't enjoy a single MMO, because they're all just straight up worse than their counterparts of a similar genre.

The game gets a "Hey, at least there's funny death sounds" (6.25)/10. Yeah I wish I could stop ranting about this, but I can't. It's just THAT stupid.

EDIT: Got over it a little (I would say a 7.5 would be a more accurate rating), but still, this is definitely a severe case of bad design.

Edited by Ayyngel Dust

Often times when I need a video guide for, say, a mod download or troubleshooting. I look up the problem, click the search result that seems the most relevant.

Usually it's correct but, it's some prepubescent-sounding kid droning the explanations into a shitty mic. Worse still, they launch into a long-winded narration of each step, as if we didn't have the picture to show it already.

I end up praying that I reach the important part, and successfully integrate key points, before the dull voice puts me to sleep.

The word "pedophile" is such a overused, misused, buzz word that it's really starting to lose its meaning (Almost like communist or lefty is in far right circles)...

Not to say a 30 year old should be doing it with 10 year old kids, but I am saying that the word pedophile is beginning to encompass such a large variety of sometimes not even remotely that bad of incidents that it's becoming a rather trite label to my ear. Can people understand that a 20 year old with a 15 year old is, BY DEFINITION, NOT a pedophile? Or at that, probably even doing anything actually bad morally speaking? I mean the over-sensationalizing of this topic is almost becoming as morally reprehensible as actual child sex abuse. 

Plus, pedophile applies to ANYONE who has ANY degree of sexual interest in somebody within the specific age group (children, NOT teenagers who in some cases are legit just not legal adults by MONTHS, I MEAN CHILDREN because THAT'S THE LITERAL DEFINITION. Heck, some definitions SPECIFY PRE-PUBESCENT). That would mean there actually are pedophiles out there who DON'T do vile things to children and NEVER would, and yes there are in fact. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of pedophiles who know better... Still not to defend the acts or anything, but the people who don't even actually partake in them are still affected by this misuse of the word.

And what's really sick is that there's some legitimately good people who end up shamed by this label BECAUSE it's MISUSED, and people who have to be resigned to the fact that being in your twenties and having a relationship with a 17 year old is somehow MUCH different than if the 17 were an 18 (PS it's really not). Honestly, the thought of the shaming is becoming just as awful as the thought of an actual child getting sexually abused, and I will say that it needs to stop. Stop using this word to make villains out of people, and start using it in actually APPROPRIATE contexts.

I didn't know this until recently, but apparently Gen 7 actually didn't have a national dex either... So Nintendo actually subjected people to this for a whole generation and they didn't notice until Gen 8 came around and they said "hey we won't have a national dex this time around"? My interest to actually play Gen 7 Pokemon after reading that dropped substantially (Even if the gen 7 games don't sound that bad necessarily). Seriously, it's sad that they went the greed route with the Bank instead. And what's worse, IT WASN'T EVEN A PROPER REPLACEMENT! I mean yeah it's SOMETHING, but the thing is that they forced you to PAY MONEY to be able to get Pokemon outside of the regional Pokedex. Sure it comes with more boxes of storage to put them in, but nonetheless, this is a PAID SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE. It may only be $5 a year, but nonetheless, that's stupid for something THAT'S ALREADY EXISTED BEFORE.

Shame on you Game Freak. Shame on you, for trying to profit off of people instead of just putting a feature that's been in your games SINCE GEN 2 BACK for, what, the SIXTH TIME?  I wouldn't be protesting the Pokemon Bank at all, and frankly praising it if it weren't for the simple fact that national dexes are gone from the franchise, to be replaced by something YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO PAY FOR. Though yes, it was introduced in Gen 6, that really doesn't matter now does it? That they seem to be using this as some sort of excuse for excluding a VITAL feature from their games... How pathetic. :dry:

No seriously, reading that makes me think I may be done with the entire franchise until Game Freak get their act together and stop money grubbing.

Edited by Ayyngel Dust

Manga readers.. some just gets on my nerve. They acted like they’re the highest form of otaku just because they can read:fiery:

well here’s all what I have to say to them. Fuck.you weeaboos.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

I’m related to this little girl who’s a complete nightmare. I’d list the reasons why, but she saw what I’m writing and is trying to chase me down. 

Is it safe now to list the reasons? Now I’m intrigued... :pout:

• Brohoof 1

Now I think I've already covered why I think it's f***ing stupid without directly alluding to it, but the whole Ally controversy going on in the Smash Ultimate community is f***ing dumb. It's even worse, considering the relationship is in no way ILLEGAL according to Canadian law. Ally should get unbanned, he's technically done nothing wrong. Him even getting banned in the first place for it made no sense (really... It didn't make sense, at all), and it's just compounded by all the facts being just so ridiculous. And they should remove the pedophile label, BECAUSE THAT'S NOT A PEDOPHILIC RELATIONSHIP. It just simply ISN'T. It's utter BS that he's even getting fussed over it.

I would dare to say homophobia in the Smash community may even have something to do with this whole affair. I mean I really feel like asking people who make such a big deal of this if they still would if Ally's partner were of the opposite sex. I have a hard time believing they wouldn't say no. :dry:

Edited by AngelDustlicious

The post flagging and account suspension algorithms. On tumblr of course, but also on Twitter sometimes.

Two blogs I always loved, one-time-i-dreamt and justbadpuns, were terminated without valid reason. They've been restored since, but there are more (as the first post explains).

I and several other users have pointed out the stupidity of post-flagging bots many times before. Twitter seems to have the same issue, even snouts.online which I just recently discovered.

Edited by Feather Spiral
finally came across a Twitter example

• 3 weeks later...

When nobody asked for Path of Exile to be a harder game than it was, but Grinding Gear Games decided "hey let's make it insanely hard, because f*** new players right?"

Bosses apparently gained a chance to simultaneously cause rage and depression on hit, all gained a new ability that does so much damage that you'll find yourself punching your keyboard because you're literally getting one-shot... Well, of course that's being meta about it, but they made them way harder, AND NOBODY EVER ASKED FOR THAT. Great League, BAD boss and enemy balance. Like really bad. So bad in fact, I'm not sure if I want to play the game anymore. Doesn't help that for the first time ever I decided to go off of a build guide instead of winging it, and ironically that actually works WORSE than just doing it yourself on the fly. I mean the choices some of these people make are so counter-intuitive that it almost makes me think that they may actually be trolling new players into trying a build that turns out, works worse than anything they could have made with their lack of understanding of the game.

The community of this game may not be toxic, but it pretty much doesn't help new players almost whatsoever in their attempt to learn it. Heck, I've played a few characters before, and I'm still having trouble. In fact I'm having such bad trouble now that I'm thinking of dropping it.

Calling to speak with customer service. It sucks having to wait as is. I’ve been waiting over 20 minutes so far. But if the automated voice could stop talking every minute as is I’d appreciate it. The more you thank me for holding the more irritated I get. Every time exactly a minute passes on my phone they thank me for waiting. It’s annoying. Let me listen to the boring elevator music your playing in peace. 

I've been coughing severely for well over three weeks now. The drugs my doc prescribed did nothing, I felt the problem move from my throat down to my windpipe.

The rest of the household has also been sick afterwards; and to top it off, our trip to Turkey was of course not a vacation but yet another hectic rush after another, punctuated by upsetting news because Turkish "leaders" are just horrible at literally everything besides selling out my country.

My former best friend and I had a very toxic relationship for 10 YEARS and I was too dumb to notice.

She manipulated me, made me tell lies, used me as her fluffer or emotional pillow, and became super flakeu when she moved in with a boyfriend (they are now split up).

Like, she texted ME one time asking me if I wanted to go out, and I said yes. We decided to go for sushi and I was really exited. I decided to lay in my bed and check social media for a while until she came.

But...

She never came.

I had called, texted, heck, my MOM even messaged her. 

I was all-out weeping in my bed at this point. I'm talking buried under the covers and snuggling with a box of tissues. 

I texted one of my other friends telling her that I got stood up, and my girl right here is so GOD DANG PROTECTIVE of me she said she would call my ex friend and give her an ear full. I told her not to, because I didn't want things to escalate.

She later told me in person that she had almost punched a wall because she was so furious that my ex-friend had stood me up.

My ex-friend texted me back HOURS past the time when she was supposed to come, when I was getting ready for bed. 

She then said that she was sorry, but she had fallen asleep in bed and we should do it another time.

Oh! And not to mention this one time she nearly ruined my Sunner trip with my other best friends (3 beautiful girls who I will love and cherish forever) by spamming me with pissed off comments on why SHE hadn't been invited. I explained to her that we had planned this trip a year in advance, when she still wasn't that reliable to get a hold of.

She, of course said that it didn't take A YEAR to plan a 5-day trip because it was only a few hours away blah blah blah

Well, we had to save money, book an Airbnb, pick a date that worked, and plan a list of stuff we wanted to do because we weren't just going to walk in blindly.

She did the whole guilt trip thing "Well, I see how much you care about me." Line.

My friend that was with me actually took my phone away so I wouldn't be tempted to look, and held it for the rest of the day so I wouldn't have my mood ruined further. 

She decided to send my ex-friend a message, and that was the last we heard of her on that trip.

Yeah. My ex-friend was god awful. I miss her, but I'm glad I left her.

Office 365, you DON'T need to know anything about me for me to access a free version of your damn $#!+. F*** that. I'll just not use it then, until you f*** off, how about that? I'm not in the mood to passive-aggressively put "FU" in all the boxes anyways. Better to just not give them the clicks until they stop asking for information they don't need to know... EDIT: I just decided to put "FU" in the boxes and it's aight now.

Also, f*** backstabbers that pretend to be your friend, and a d@mned CLOSE one at that. All I have to say about it is that nobody, and I MEAN NOBODY should pretend to be somebody's friend only to turn around and bolster up somebody who personally attacks them (in this case, without even mentioning me by name. What a coward he is... :dry:).

Edited by Dustlicious2020

I hate it when people decide to hold up the line

right when you're about to check out

I can't be the only one who hates it when this happens

it really gets on my friggin' nerves

Edited by Supreme King

Can my father be a little... less patronizing, full of himself, "holier-than-thou", and most of all, hypocritical?

I lose things in exceptional circumstances, and suddenly it becomes "typical" of me. He negatively criticizes people and always tries to put the last word in, without a thought about the impact of his words.

Spoiler

Earlier today, I told him I couldn't find my ID, even though I remembered putting it into my wallet where it always is (we all got new IDs and passports yesterday). Turns out I'd put it back inside my passport so they'd be together, as my mom would be scanning them for backup, but then she omitted to give it back to me afterwards and put it away with all the passports.

Cue my father saying how he'd never lost his driver's license for a lifetime, which confused me because that wasn't the situation right now, but he reminded me it'd happened before (WTF that was maybe a decade ago or more?)... That he "wasn't surprised" when I said ID, that I'm always losing shit that "should get a basket or something" where I always empty my pockets, even though I already fucking have a spot like that.

All that because mom forgot to give my ID back to me after scanning; and I only lost my driver's permit because I always had to carry it separately, as it was too big to fit into a wallet (the new one is tiny). Yet, ever since then, he's been talking to me like I'm some brainless moron monkey who's constantly misplacing vital shit every week or so. He really relies on me to back him or take over for important tasks; but when it comes to talking, he prefers generalizing whatever bad shit stands out?

We don't keep a tally of the many times he's forgotten something important, because we're not that obsessed and sociopathic. We don't keep angrily harassing him when he gets mad and begins stamping, we don't say to his face how that's his character. We don't yell in his face and then tell him to stop yelling afterwards, we don't piss him off and then tell him to "stop huffing it stresses me too..."