Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Complain About Something

Altastrofae
Message added by Jeric

This topic is for general venting. This is not the proper platform to complain about the MLPF Community or Forum Issues. We have an entire section devoted to that. Thank you

Can I like... stop being accused of "fallacy" and "ignoring counter-arguments"... by the same people who keep bickering after I proved their statements false?
And when I put them on timeout (this is about a Discord server I moderate), they bitch and moan in DM. They act surprised when I say they disrespected me... then continue slinging accusations until I block their bratty ass too.

I mean... I've been a stuck-up bitch towards other servers' mods, on occasion, when I felt like they were taking sides and/or blowing things out of proportion. But I can't recall persisting in "calling out" after two whole days of shitstorm over a simple case of posting one picture in the wrong channel.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't understand how somebody who supposedly knows everything (when they don't and I already know that, and they pretend like they don't because they're too f***ing arrogant) about something proves so readily that they have no clue what they're talking about.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

"Wokeness" >>> Hypocritical anti-"wokeness"

Seriously, though most of the people I encounter that complain about "wokeness" in media come off as people who are being hypocritical in the act of complaining about it, complaining about people getting offended by things. Okay, so they're doing exactly what they're complaining about WHILE complaining about it.

Of course that doesn't mean people using things as token representation to make people feel special is good, because it definitely isn't, but complaining about it in such a way where it comes off as you getting offended by it in the most hypocritical way possible is not only obnoxious, it defies any logic or reason. :dry:

Edited by Dustlicious

When someone DM's me on Discord asking to be friends because we happened to be active at the same time on a server

...but I can't explain why I ignore it because they disabled direct messaging from non-Friends.

I realize they're simply uncomfortable allowing just anybody (and bots) to contact them. But odds of being DM'd by a random creep or bot are very low, they're very easy to block via either desktop or mobile.

More to the point - it's frustrating to receive an offer and not be able to let them personally know why I'm saying no. I have to say it publicly, on the server I know them from; either with a ping so everyone knows who did it, or without specifying so they may not see my reply.

I hate to be the only one who’s unemployed. Since I’m the only one staying home with my mom doing chores, helping with cooking, and housework, and when my other siblings come home from work and I want to rest, they assumed I’m a fucking lazy! :Cozy: Just as I open my phone to do my personnel for one minute, they would be like “oh this person do nothing all day but being on his phone” Fuck this. And they actually saw I just opened my phone.

(edited)

Oh how I love people who try to act reasonable all the while completely ignoring facts for the sake of their own arguments even after those facts are brought up. :dry:

Run into a lot of that along with people who do this but act downright toxic instead of semi-reasonable.

Edited by Dustlicious
  • Brohoof 2

When I'm venting about all the harmful things my sister does, most replies express sympathy.

Unless I even remotely mention the fact she's autistic. Then all of a sudden, it's "oh poor girl" and "be understanding" and "so sorry for her".
And god forbid I ever bring up wanting to hit her back, cause that makes me "a terrible person" who "hits an autistic sister to vent".

Bitch I spent my whole fucking life being "understanding" and, as a child, watched my mother cry almost weekly.
The whole "poor handicapped girl doesn't know what she's doing" spiel was forced right into my mind. I forgave her so much shit, including but not limited to guilt-tripping my mom and physically assaulting me.
At times I struck back or groaned, but for the most part I just suppressed any reaction.

Even when I was a toddler and she was a pre-teen, her demands for attention were put above my affective needs. My parents gave in to her tantrums and gave her what she wanted, while I was made light of when I tried putting my feelings into words.

Spoiler

In retrospect, the things they did to calm her down back then, simply reinforced her vicious self-entitled behavior.
It set up expectations on her end, so she began taking them for granted rather than be grateful. As she grew older and my parents were less forgiving, it angered her more - plus I've grown stronger and begun resisting her onslaught.
Now we're paying the price for both her past manipulations AND the backfiring of my parents' past indulgence.

It's only recently, a few years back, that I realized some of her irritating and hurtful actions were deliberate. I'm not talking about the constant rambling and repeating old conversations, those are annoying at worst.
But she'd harass my mother or me, then watch with a pleased smirk as her target either growled or struggled to hold back. A few times she actually did things out of spite, then cried victim if she got backlash, and held it over our heads for years to come.

I'm very annoyed that the large majority of people in my friends list are banished, and the ones that aren't are still gone without a trace for me to contact them.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, TheBronyHeart said:

I'm very annoyed that the large majority of people in my friends list are banished, and the ones that aren't are still gone without a trace for me to contact them.

They were probs banished for a good reason lol :P

I hate it so much that I've been drawing digital art for the past 10 or so years and I'm barely and slowly improving. Not to mention the fact that I'm very rarely commissioned. Probably because my art style is so fucking basic like everyone has been at my skill level at some point.

Google Drive has been pissing me the hell off these past few days. I need to use it for school, but I keep getting random error messages for no reason, and there's no way to fix it. Apparently it's happening to other people too. Stupid useless thing. I've no patience.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, LyraLover said:

Google Drive has been pissing me the hell off these past few days. I need to use it for school, but I keep getting random error messages for no reason, and there's no way to fix it. Apparently it's happening to other people too. Stupid useless thing. I've no patience.

Why does your school require you to use Google Drive?

I've personally never used it myself 

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Princess of Luck 🍀🔥 said:

Why does your school require you to use Google Drive?

I've personally never used it myself 

Because it allows you to access your files from any device.

Although that's no longer the case with the problems it's been having lately. :dry:

34 minutes ago, Starry Moon said:

I hate it so much that I've been drawing digital art for the past 10 or so years and I'm barely and slowly improving. Not to mention the fact that I'm very rarely commissioned. Probably because my art style is so fucking basic like everyone has been at my skill level at some point.

Draw for yourself first and foremost. Update your OC references, maybe make little doodles for people you like.
Skills develop with practice, so it's best to just draw rather than wait for someone to give you money.

Back on the topic, I really hate how my sister gets teary-eyed over the most benign shit, and then holds it over our heads for decades. I've been cursed at, even wished to die, simply for hiding things that she keeps using unnecessarily.

The last couple months, due to her workplace being closed, I need to sit through a whole hour (sometimes longer) trying to teach her French every morning.
I say "try" because she sometimes dives headfirst into filling gaps without a glance to the provided instructions and examples. She keeps making the same mistakes every single damn day despite repeated corrections, it's clear to me she doesn't revise at all between lessons.
Memories of all the trauma I've lived from her also make it hard to keep it together, my cough flaring up again in the past few weeks doesn't help either.

I can’t believe these motherfuckers are triggered by this

Seeing these people reactions as if they feel “ attacked” and go on about how  they also experienced racism because of their white skin colors by the black is laughable. Not saying it’s happened but it just a petty and a pathetic way to pull away from the main issue here. That’s just make you sound like a fuckin racist cunt if you find his comments offensive.

Here is full article 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz.com/2020/05/27/john-boyega-star-wars-rant-racist-white-people-george-floyd/

this video is so messed up and I cannot believe how ignorance these motherfuckers are for calling John out for defending George for being killed by an OBVIOUS police brutally. They claimed his death is a "medical incident" Pfft! We all saw the video and what happen you can't possibility tell us this is a medical incident you fucking morons! There's no justification for what just happen because we all fucking saw it.

Just had my intelligence insulted and been called "lazy"
...by someone who can't put two sentences together without making a dozen errors, and can't understand the plainest meanings.

All because I said I didn't wanna read the five-page rebuttal essay they made to me regarding a video.
Even though I specified, "after the day I had" - hoping they'd get the underlying message, but nope. Guess, since I didn't share details, they just assumed I lived a good life and "bad day" was this ongoing argument alone?

• Brohoof 1

Just ppl/customers in retail just being fucking dumb no matter HOW SIMPLE you put something a 1 year old could get after one try! 

(edited)

Kinda been a lil lonely but also frustrated.

This person who I thought was friend (well also always an element that it was something more..) been quite mean or just ignoring me. 

Or if I bring up anything slightly negative she will just ignore me yet she talks about all the crappy stuff about her to me all the time. Which feels super one sided. She hardly ever really seems that interested in me even though before she was sort of acting like it. Idk maybe it's time to cut her off completely. I think the only thing that we so sometimes talk about is the news now. 

A month after the last time I met her everything was really great and then things spiralled down cuz corona maybe and some arguments idk. I do ask if anything is wrong and that but either i get ignored or the reply is i'm fine. One time I asked her what neflix show she was watching and she said I don't have to tell u. That's kinda a mean way to put it.

I started talking to her after I felt abandoned by another friend at university who I did so much for and during class time although she helped me a lot like with class stuff over text.

But she was always late to class and always left on time. We hardly had much time together and we never met up even though she promised to me from her side. And after everything she even stopped talking to me over text like at all unless I said something first and she would just apologise she was busy, so I stopped too. I guess some ppl are like that although the thing is she is just busy with other friends. Which made me regret i dedicated my time to someone who didnt even want me there much :c Cuz there were many other friends and potential friends that I wanted to talk to except i gave my time to her so I couldnt as much. That was dissapointing as heck though i'm slowly moving on. 

Anyway it's quite lonely here stuck in a house even though back at work it was also terribly lonely cuz hardly anyone would talk to me. Some days nobody said a word to me. I have some friends online I guess some of which i occasionally meet up. Except I usually make an excuse to meet up up with them or a story cuz i dun like telling my parents who exactly they are, though these are friends ive known for quite a long time.

Edited by flurry

Sleep. One could spend 1/3 of their life (assuming 8 hours sleep) doing something productive or doing something for the sake of leisure (depending on one's preference) if there appeared an invention that made it possible to stay awake permanently. If that day ever comes, it would be glorious.

Funny you should complain about sleep existing, because this happened

Literally anyone else at late hours: "mmmmh so sleepy... I'll call this a day and head to bed"
My father during late night hours: "Yissss the perfect time to discuss complex monetary and administrative subjects with my son and wife~"

Every goddamn time, I swear... he either brings up something serious during meals, ruining my mood so I don't feel like eating anymore; or just as I'm preparing to go sleep.

Motherfuckin WHY?

Why can't you just get tired when it's night time? why's it the perfect time for you to think of this shit? Why in hell do you nap in your chair/couch first, and only get to finance and administration bullshit at bedtime?

More to the point - why do you constantly expect me to match that same schedule, and ask for last-minute work at night after a whole day doing nothing productive?

How does that fuckin compute?

Yet more complaining about sleep-related things: I didn’t get a lot of sleep.  Someone was having a party last night, and it was pretty loud, but that wasn’t even my problem because the window shade was making this little flapping noise, and somehow that’s what kept me up. And then I woke up at 5:30 because of course I did

It’s a lighthearted thing to complain about, I know, but I like sleep. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Cagey said:

Yet more complaining about sleep-related things: I didn’t get a lot of sleep.  Someone was having a party last night, and it was pretty loud, but that wasn’t even my problem because the window shade was making this little flapping noise, and somehow that’s what kept me up. And then I woke up at 5:30 because of course I did

It’s a lighthearted thing to complain about, I know, but I like sleep. 

Everyone loves sleep :BrightMacContent: apart from some people who like to wake up at 5am even during holidays