Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Complain About Something

Altastrofae
Message added by Jeric

This topic is for general venting. This is not the proper platform to complain about the MLPF Community or Forum Issues. We have an entire section devoted to that. Thank you

Red shells in Mario kart are the most annoying little shits to exist. If you want to get into first place you have to EARN it, not mindless let spam some stupid item that RNJesus blesses you with!

(edited)

When people on tumblr bring up my MLP avatar in a discussion where they violently disagree with me, insult and call me degrading names while I keep a civil tongue.

If anything, it's the perfect illustration of how wrong anti-brony folk are. Me being reasonable when they're cringy and hateful; that's the polar opposite of what they claim.

Edited by Feather Spiral
added link if anyone's curious (very long and potentially upsetting so beware)
  • Brohoof 1

I don't like roleplaying and there are people here who keep on trying to roleplay with me. :scoots:

• Brohoof 1

The Scottish Education system doesn't do enough to protect our country's landguage,

Causing English to remain the primary landguage despite majority of the country being supporters of a pro-independence political party

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

If there's that one thing, that I will always complain, is the social pressure: "Other won't accept you by your actions!", "Other people don't do it!", "It's not suitable for your age and sex to like it.", "I think that you're crazy, because <insert an unjustified and strict-personal/unconstructive reason here>".

Of course I'm generalizing, because in some cases all that phrases are logical (I don't know, extreme ones mostly), but if I would like to have, for example, a plushie of Starlight and I claim I'll earn my money alone so nobody has do mess up with me, then I don't know why someone even then tries to mess up with things I had stated and won't change. Of course there's such thing as discussion and it really matters, if I don't know all the sides of the discussion, but if I know and I had chosen the side I'll attach to, it's really infuriates me, that someone's still trying to change my mind, when I know it's no longer possible (unless life will prove that I'm wrong, but that's only the exception)

Heya @Iam!  I saw you were in here and thought, "Wha?  Iam?  What could bother a nice pony like Iam so much to post in here??"

I find I don't like the idea of an unhappy Iam.  So... if you don't mind a new-pony like me trying to add a possible solution or alternative, click the spoiler?  Otherwise, make the best of it and I'll see you around! 

Spoiler

Hey you!  Maybe try not to focus on feeling ignored or disrespected when someone continues to try to knock on a door you have firmly closed, but instead (if you don't mind an alternative?), perhaps just listen to them vent it out and occasionally insert a, "I have made up my mind.  Please respect my decision." in there?  Sometimes anger flares out like fire out of a dragon's mouth because all that emotion has built up and has nowhere else to go.  If you'd really rather not explode like a volcano, and you've already made your opinion clear in a civil way, perhaps just bow out gracefully - I think it's better than blowing your top and possibly ruining the rest of your day.  I hope?  *huggles*  =)

Whatever happens, like Shakespeare once wrote, "To thine own self be true!"  =)

Honor and fun,

Summer Storm =)

Edited by Summer Storm
  • Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Summer Storm said:

Heya @Iam!  I saw you were in here and thought, "Wha?  Iam?  What could bother a nice pony like Iam so much to post in here??"

I find I don't like the idea of an unhappy Iam.  So... if you don't mind a new-pony like me trying to add a possible solution or alternative, click the spoiler?  Otherwise, make the best of it and I'll see you around! 

Reveal hidden contents

Try not to feel ignored or disrespected when someone continues to try to knock on a door you have firmly closed, but instead (if you don't mind an alternative?), perhaps just listen to them vent it out and occasionally insert a, "I have made up my mind.  Please respect my decision." in there?  Sometimes anger flares out like fire out of a dragon's mouth because all that emotion has built up and has nowhere else to go.  If you'd really rather not explode like a volcano, and you've already made your opinion clear in a civil way, perhaps just bow out gracefully - I think it's better than blowing your top and possibly ruining the rest of your day.  I hope?  *huggles*  =)

Honor and fun,

Summer Storm =)

Thanks dear @Summer Storm for advice, I really appreciate that someone had spent time just to cheer me up. :) I'll take it (at least partially) in my mind and thinking.

Terrific, Iam!  Bruce Lee was known to have stated, "Take what is useful and develop from there."  If there's something in there you can use, terrific!  If not, discard it!  Oh, and you're welcome!  I like helping people.  =)

Hey!  I just realized this whole thread is about complaining!  Derp!  So...  I'll try to complain about something!

Uhmmm....

O.K.  I got nothing.  Really!  I'm having too much of a good time reading all the goodies in here and on Poniverse Discord!  Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!  I'll try to remember to post here if I find something, but don't bet on it (my remembering to)!  =)

Honor and fun,

Summer Storm =)

• Brohoof 2

There are no creamy ice cream in the shop at the first floor.

I'm stuck at work completely alone for next hour.

And my Skyrim is resisting my modding attempts for the first time since forever.

The fact that homophobia is still rampant, maybe the fact that billions of children are homophobic, maybe the fact that billions of children are abused by their parents, the 1% having more wealth than that of the bottom 50%, lots of other things but this didn't say rant endless thread so I am gonna stop here

• Brohoof 1

Wait, wait!  I have something to complain about!  

It's awful!  It's terrible and I don't like it!

And...

...I'm just fooling myself because I still can't think of anything that bothers me so much to post it here.

But I'm glad you ponies are getting this stuff off of your tufts!  Vent on, Equestria!  =)

Honor and fun,

Summer Storm =)

• Brohoof 1

I'm a little frustrated with how little people seem to actually care for autistic people (I'm pretty sure I have Asperger's, personally). Seriously, nobody seems to remotely understand the disorder. Most people seem to act like its some sort of contagious disease or something to eradicate and make fun of (you know, like AIDS). Seriously, they are people too. They should be treated with as much respect as anyone else. The only difference is that they have a form of a developmental disorder. They should make organizations to HELP autistic people and not make autism HATE GROUPS (Autism Speaks, for example). It's a thought that crossed my mind after watching a South Park episode.

I may come across as a snowflake to some, but that's just the way I see it.

• Brohoof 2

22 hours ago, Will Guide said:

People looking for things to complain about in shows. If you don't like what's on TV, go write or read some fan fiction.

Actually, it can be fun to complain about shit. Doesn't mean they aren't entertained by it, could be that they simply enjoy nitpicking. I do it a lot, myself - even (or especially) with my favorite shows.

You may have heard of CinemaSins, they get criticized for doing exactly that, but in some of their videos, they emphasize: "We are not critics, we are assholes."

16 hours ago, Dusk Noire said:

I'm a little frustrated with how little people seem to actually care for autistic people (I'm pretty sure I have Asperger's, personally). Seriously, nobody seems to remotely understand the disorder.

@Dusk Noire Oh, but there are!  Have you been to understood.org?  They are a gathering of non-profits that help out with developmental disorders (like ADD/ADHD).  That whole site seems to be filled with people who care about anyone with brains like yours and mine (I have hyperkinetic disorder/ADHD).  They have lots of good advice and steps to help parents with kids.  I know a handful of folks who have been clinically diagnosed with Aspbergers by licensed professionals and it has made a big difference to each of them and their families to have gotten checked out by medical professionals with backgrounds in neurodevelopmental syndromes (like autism and ADD/ADHD).  Understood.org was put together in part and is operated by folks with such backgrounds.  Maybe give them a look-see?

Oh, and for what it's worth, I care.  =)

(Nope.  Still haven't found anything to gripe about worth posting!)  =)

Edited by Summer Storm
Because I goofed! =)
  • Brohoof 1

I'm Chinese and I live in Canada, though it's in a predominantly Chinese community. Why is it that whenever I visit Chinese businesses, they immediately assume I don't speak Chinese? :mlp_wat: They would almost always do one of the following; start making hand gestures at me, they would speak to me in broken English I can barely understand, or stare at me blankly. It gets really uncomfortable for the both of us all the time. :pout: The same applies to other businesses who speak English, except this time they assume I don't understand English. Sometimes there will be a restaurant that would speak English first to see if we understand it, but that's quite rare, surprisingly. The other establishments will just go back to those methods I mentioned before, except trying to speak my "language." I don't know why, but I find it a bit rude, honestly, even though they probably just don't want to sound condescending. :adorkable: I don't think they mean any rudeness or negativity, but I still feel that way... :sunny: Anyways, rant over! ^_^ 

On 8/30/2018 at 5:46 PM, Kevin Tang said:

Biology is hard, chemistry is difficult, and physics is confusing. Highschool is really hard.

No matter how many ways I present information to my students they still don't get it. Being a high school science teacher is hard. :mlp_wink:

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Wannabrony said:

I'm Chinese and I live in Canada, though it's in a predominantly Chinese community. Why is it that whenever I visit Chinese businesses, they immediately assume I don't speak Chinese? 

I'm Chinese, but I can't speak Mandarin, mainly because there is nobody who teaches me anymore. :P Maybe they were just assuming that you are like me.

• Brohoof 1

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:06 PM, thepissman said:

Red shells in Mario kart are the most annoying little shits to exist. If you want to get into first place you have to EARN it, not mindless let spam some stupid item that RNJesus blesses you with!

If you have a banana, a green shell, or another red shell, you can put it behind you to block it out. You could also use the horn, but that's only if you're playing Mario Kart 8  But BLUE Shells on the other hand... The only way to block them out is either A. doing something specific within a 2 frame time window (the people that speedrun the game try for that usually when they're targeted by one) or B you could also use the horn on that (I believe that was likely the reason why it was put into the game to start with).

In other news, it's too f***ing cold in this hotel room. It likely is worse because I've been baking in 90+ degree heat most of the time for the past couple of months, but nonetheless.