Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Complain About Something

Altastrofae
Message added by Jeric

This topic is for general venting. This is not the proper platform to complain about the MLPF Community or Forum Issues. We have an entire section devoted to that. Thank you

Season 8 finale spoilers

Spoiler

Equestrian "justice" system... where any chimeric creature that isn't part of a civilization of its own is indefinitely sent to hell. If turning into regular animals is as simple as willingly giving away their magic, why not just do that and let them live their lives?

Cerberus is the only one who's only there as part of its job, the others have no reason to stay inside.

• That manticore from way back in the show pilot - he was just some magical animal in a world of unicorns and griffins and dragons. Sure he was angry, but he calmed down after Flutters simply removed a thorn and even became friends with her. You'd think he'd carry on with his life... NOPE - caged up in Tartarus, alongside the monkey-taur who stole all the ponies' magic to destroy Equestria.
  • The chicken-basilisk-thing from Stare Master and the bee-bear in Slice Of Life, I guess they weren't seen doing much else than attack. Still doesn't mean they weren't just minding their own business until some lost magical spell merged them, probably by a unicorn's (or alicorn's) fault.
  • That Greek-mythology chimera, their only "crime" we saw was to threaten Applebloom, who was stupidly out in the woods alone in the dark. You don't sentence a creep to life for threatening a kid, much less in a tiny cage especially when they're capable of speech. Just slap on a restraining order, house arrest and maybe a few months, being entered into a database - that's all you need.
  • Finally, of course, a tiny filly... whose plan was extremely easy to reveal simply by making her tell the truth. Sure, she practically destroyed all Equestrian societies following tips from Tirek himself, all for her own selfish desire for friends. But Starlight Glimmer did something similar, even tampered with time itself in her quest for personal revenge, on her own accord. How come a grown-ass mare gets an apology from Twilight and a chance to redeem herself after all that, but a small child gets caged in hell after robbing some magic?

• 1 month later...

The fact that hollywood has to ruin sonic for no reason just makes no sense, the only thing I like about it is the new voice, the current voice kinda grinds my ears sometimes on how annoying he is, but they made him really weird looking and I hate it. I'll probably still watch it though...

Oh and also, WHY IS JIM CARREY PLAYING EGGMAN

I keep editing this cause I keep finding stuff to complain about the movie. WHY IS GREEN HILLS A TOWN??? ITS GRASS PLAINS ON AN ISLAND NOT A TOWN

Edited by Jakeduhcreeper

People taking advantage of being anonymous on the Internet to do nothing but complain or act like a jerk just because they can and not see a more positive point of view.

Look up "TV Tropes G.I.F.T." for more info of what I mean.

9 hours ago, Jakeduhcreeper said:

The fact that hollywood has to ruin sonic for no reason

Meanwhile I'm wondering why tf they felt the need to even do a Sonic movie (live action no less) to begin with.

I'd understand if there was a recent spike of public interest in Sonic The Hedgehog (heh, spike) but I've yet to hear of such a thing. Instead, it's as if someone's literally just discovered the franchise and thought: "We can make religion movie out of this!"

You might even say it comes completely out of the blue... if you wanted to make a popular movie, Holly, you're too slow!

Edited by Feather Spiral
added necessary puns

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I just... stopped running out of motivation and energy all the time.

There's so much I wanna do, and sometimes I get around to starting one... but it proves to be difficult, or I get asked to do other shit; and I immediately lose the will.

F**king Reddit. The site for people who get offended way too easily.

Seriously, every place I can find on there is full of toxic morons that only care to down vote everything they don't like and then flame the poster.

Edited by ~Dusky~

14 minutes ago, ~Dusky~ said:

F**king Reddit. The site for people who get offended way too easily.

Seriously, every place I can find on there is full of toxic morons that only care to down vote everything they don't like and then flame the poster.

Except r/eyebleach, r/aww, and r/peoplefuckingdying (I presume)

12 hours ago, ~Dusky~ said:

Never been to any of those, but I've been to enough toxic subreddits to never want to give the place a second chance.

I've yet to see much toxicity in those three I listed, but even if they had a few nasty comments, the OP content are still worth checking.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow

I posted this over a year ago and people, as I hypothesized, still find more to complain about.

Not to say it's a bad thing, I made this as a destressing tool for members here.

But yeah, I'm amazed this lasted so long

I hate that how unjust this world is sometimes and how there are many shameless people who don't think before what they're going to say or how much offense or hurt they can cause others by saying that. :lostit:

Edited by Luna's Admirer

^ I may be one of those people and am feeling so attacked right now :derp:

...jk of course, but...

I sometimes cause offense without meaning to, and believe me I'm not particularly insulting or passive-aggressive about it. But then the other person reacts rudely (with overt hostility even), instead of giving me a chance to correct my error as I've always been taught.

I grew up being trained to seek out the truth (especially at the uni where profs were super strict about self-criticality) and be coherent in my communications (during interviews or when telling stories, for example).
So now, if I see a misunderstanding or am confused, even if it's something minor (a story detail, a term used wrong...), I ask or correct it because it's the logical thing to do.
Yeah, but then... I get accused of "overthinking" or "taking it too seriously" or "being dramatic" or "obsessing over details nobody cares about". I treat that allegation the same way I do any other mistake, trying to correct it; so the other person thinks I'm "angry" or "stuck up" or whatever.
Eventually, the chain of strawman accusations gets me pissed for realsies, and then I find myself upset at something that started off as a genuine attempt to help.

TL;DR-
People think me pointing out small things is attention-whoring, but I'm really just doing it out of habit and not thinking much of it. From where I stand, it's the other person(s) who're making a big deal of benign commentary.

I wouldn't mind taking responsibility... but aside from a handful of people, they keep putting it all on me 100% instead of sharing the load; I'm sick of that.

Edited by Feather Spiral

lel I just realized I posted more or less the same rant, with some minor changes as to the details annoying me

...I'll put it in spoilers, cause I don't feel like deleting the whole thing either.

Spoiler

Can I just.... stop having people who get pissed over a simple question or a small correction? Especially those who immediately accuse me of "drama", and then being "oversensitive" for rejecting the accusation.

It's not like I correct every other typo, or demand clarification every other sentence. I only do it if there's confusion, cause that's what frustrates me and compels me to clear it up.

Do I sometimes get bitchy? yeah, I know. Do I sometimes get upset over trivial things? sure.
Do I sometimes make mistakes, myself? yea, but if it's corrected politely, then I accept it. Do I sometimes act rude over a disagreement? yes, but if the other person is civil about it, then I say sorry (in private).
Do I sometimes nitpick out of spite? absolutely not anymore, these last few years.

But these people, very specific individuals, act and talk like I am singlehandedly the source of all hostility. It's like I'm some petulant child, who throws a fit over small things and escalates everything.

When I try to at least share the blame, they outright refuse and put all of the burden on me instead. It's always me, and if I point out their own rudeness, they again blame me for "being thin-skinned" or "avoiding responsibility".

Always the same people, it's never one of the others, just those handful few. There's maybe a dozen such people among the hundreds I've known throughout the internet, Skype and Discord (not counting one-time things from total strangers on social media).
Even when I tell them that, they still insist that "it happens often so maybe it's just you"; as if I'd confessed to getting into fights with half the entire community on a regular basis.

Edited by Feather Spiral