Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Complain About Something

Altastrofae
Message added by Jeric

This topic is for general venting. This is not the proper platform to complain about the MLPF Community or Forum Issues. We have an entire section devoted to that. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I had ^that^ happen a lot, always with the same people; not necessarily (anti-)SJ or (anti-)anything, not necessarily over social/political matters. Accusing me of being "hostile" and "oversensitive" about something they consider minor, all the while being openly hostile to me about something that's important to them.

What's more, it occurs to me later (I either find out or remember) that they've been hypocritical or lying asshats, but I can't bring that up because then I'm the one who sounds stuck-up.

2 minutes ago, Feather Spiral said:

I had ^that^ happen a lot, always with the same people; not necessarily (anti-)SJ or (anti-)anything, not necessarily over social/political matters. Accusing me of being "hostile" and "oversensitive" about something they consider minor, all the while being openly hostile to me about something that's important to them.

What's more, it occurs to me later (I either find out or remember) that they've been hypocritical or lying asshats, but I can't bring that up because then I'm the one who sounds stuck-up.

That's true, though I find anti-SJWs guilty of it more than anyone else.

Yep. It's why I consider the right to be quite hypocritical when it comes to most issues.

"...more than anyone else" I would feel the opposite. Mean... ask an anti-SJW and they might assure you, quite genuinely from the bottom of their hearts, that antifa or vegans or feminists counteraccuse much more often, by orders of magnitude.

People tend to notice such occurrences more from people they don't like, and pardon those they agree with. I try my best to not make absolute claims in the matter, because I often feel compelled to do exactly that, but I also don't wanna overcompensate.

Anyway... uhhhm

Oh yeah, why must sweet foods make my stomach sloshy? I'm trying to enjoy some cheesecake, but can't finish because it feels like I'm about to throw up. Same goes for soda and fruit, and basically any sugar-rich thing.

Edited by Feather Spiral

Well, I'm currently in South Korea, so can I complain about the air pollution?

It's terrible. It's awful to breathe, and it makes everything hazy, which makes my job (aviation) a lot harder than it needs to be.

Oh lord, sorry to hear @Meson Bolt I hope you're out of that nightmare soon.

But speaking of aviation, I took weekly courses at school many years ago, way back in middle school, and have nothing to show for it. Our group actually had them all trimester, even when the others had to go on traineeships to gain work experience. We were prepping for the theoretical exam, a nationwide one; with talks about moving on to practicals flying a small Cessna.

We eventually received invitations and entered the exam, where the entire group did badly; our prof (a legit pilot iirc) gave extra courses, then we waited for invitations again.

Except mine just wouldn't arrive... I kept hearing other group members talk about receiving theirs, asking me if I had mine and it pissed me off. My parents actually had to poke whatever company was issuing the invites (an airline, or an academic thing, I don't remember) so they'd hurry the fuck up.

Until the literal morning of the exam date, while I waited at the door of a lab to take some practicals, the principal came to tell me it had finally arrived. Told me I could take the day off if I wanted to take the aviation exam.

I refused. I thought, since they took so fucking long to send it (the date on the invite letter was, if memory serves me right, a few days after being asked if I had it), they clearly didn't want me and so I didn't want them either. Besides, missing out on a day of school without prior warning felt so irregular, even if the principal herself had said it was okay.

In short; I put my regular classes (shit I'd never remember) ahead of this aviation business (an extraordinary opportunity) due to that one stupid delay.

TMW you realize you coulda flown a Cessna when you were just a teen but didn't because everyone made such a big deal of regular school education...

Still makes me rage every time I remember... I can still like, recite the aeronautical alphabet (with maybe 5 letters I have trouble remembering) or recognize a cumulus, remember the differences in flight control between a plane and a helicopter (some of it from the Search And Rescue 4 user's manual) but... urgh

I keep doing this shit all the time... forgetting that I had these wonderful opportunities and just let them slip, while I instead held on to a bitchass boring drone's life.

@Feather Spiral

Aw man, sorry to hear that. It's ironic, you know? When I was just a teen...

Well, actually BEFORE I was a teen (I was 12) was when I had my first flight. I was copilot, and oddly enough, it was a Cessna 172. So yeah. :P

I actually got into aviation because of my brother. He was always super into military stuff, and he wanted to join the Air Force (which he did, and I think he's a sergeant or something now). But back when he was younger, he wanted to join Air Force JROTC. Problem was that he was only 13 at the time, and (apparently) you had to be something like 14 to join.

He did some searching around and found the Civil Air Patrol, which is sort of like... I dunno, it's like Boy Scouts but with an Air Force theme. You wear uniforms and do drill and ceremonies and stuff like that, but the big thing was that you could join when you were 12, so he did. I sort of just followed because... eh, I thought it was cool, and at age 12 I found myself attending a week-long basic-training-esque camp called "basic encampment".

At that particular encampment, they were relatively close to an airfield, so they decided to send some of us kids ("cadets", as we were called) to go do some orientation flights ("O-flights"). I was kinda salty because my brother got to fly in this dope ass Aeronca Champion, while I got stuck with the boring ol' Cessna 172. :v

But, I mean, it was fun regardless. I actually flew the same Cessna 172 a few more times... one I don't remember, but the other two were to and from another encampment. So by the time I was about 14, I had maybe 24 real-world manned aviation hours.

Edited by Meson Bolt

I love it how people in this world act like 'everyone's opinion matters' when that is total bullshit. The moment one speaks up about anything, if it isn't the majority opinion OR if you don't have fame on your side, then nobody cares what one says. Literally nothing I say matters in the slightest, despite this illusion I am constantly fed that it does.

• Brohoof 2

I can complain about so many stuff that I have a reason to complain about having so many stuff to complain about. :P

One thing I’ll go more into detail about is political correctness a.k.a profitable dishonesty. :nom:

Not only did this infect school, collage and work, but it’s now ruined games, movies and music for me. :(

I need to work Saturdays and Sundays :c

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

I love it how people in this world act like 'everyone's opinion matters' when that is total bullshit. The moment one speaks up about anything, if it isn't the majority opinion OR if you don't have fame on your side, then nobody cares what one says. Literally nothing I say matters in the slightest, despite this illusion I am constantly fed that it does.

Depends on the environment you make your statements in.

You can put things out in the open, on social media for example. It'll have potential for everyone to see, until it get buried under newer (and more popular) ones.

Or you can share them on a more limited platform, like a Discord server or school club, with like-minded people. There's gonna be fewer people, but with better chance for some productive discussion. Plus, you get the chance for someone else to find a more effective way to spread the word, start a petition on campus for change, etc.

58 minutes ago, Feather Spiral said:

Depends on the environment you make your statements in.

You can put things out in the open, on social media for example. It'll have potential for everyone to see, until it get buried under newer (and more popular) ones.

Or you can share them on a more limited platform, like a Discord server or school club, with like-minded people. There's gonna be fewer people, but with better chance for some productive discussion. Plus, you get the chance for someone else to find a more effective way to spread the word, start a petition on campus for change, etc.

If only it were this simple. In those cases, that is me simply airing my opinion. I can do that all I want, that isn't the issue. It is just that my opinions crash to the ground and nobody seems to care about what I have to say most of the time. Usually dicussions on Discord and the like become a 'who can seem more right' contest and it becomes pointless. Really, me airing my opinion on anything is basically a total waste of time. Not like my time has any value in the first place.

On 3/16/2019 at 9:35 PM, Kyoshi said:

If only it were this simple. In those cases, that is me simply airing my opinion. I can do that all I want, that isn't the issue. It is just that my opinions crash to the ground and nobody seems to care about what I have to say most of the time. Usually dicussions on Discord and the like become a 'who can seem more right' contest and it becomes pointless. Really, me airing my opinion on anything is basically a total waste of time. Not like my time has any value in the first place.

I thought that was exactly what I said...? nothing to do with them being simple, at all - the opposite, in fact.
Mean, I get what you say about Discord discussions, but... that's exactly what I meant by "depends on the environment". It's not just about the platform (that influences the number of people you reach out to), it's also about the people in that community.
I've had very different experiences, sometimes complete opposite of each other, simply by making the same statements on two different Discord servers. Same with campuses, you can be in one with good quality education and people following proper debate etiquette, or one that endorses "politically interested" discourse and whomever sounds "cool" and "trendy" wins...

Would explain more, but I'm tired and anxious about tomorrow's gastroscopy (to explore the roots of my chronic cough and reflux) so I'll just go sleep (or at least try to).

I just hope I don't get all shaky and queasy at the end, cause I'm going hungry so I may get hypoglycemic. It happened after my fibroscopy; the local anesthetic began to wear off towards the end, I felt the tube press against my septum. Got me trembling, I thought I was gonna pass out from pain and the sheer... wrongness... of the sensation.

I guess this is how I take things back to the topic at hand - I hate it when anesthetic's effects begin to subside. I feel all weird and can't speak to communicate my distress, I don't even know if it's gonna be over soon so I can bear with it...

Edited by Feather Spiral

On 3/16/2019 at 4:57 AM, Flutterstep said:

I can complain about so many stuff that I have a reason to complain about having so many stuff to complain about. :P

One thing I’ll go more into detail about is political correctness a.k.a profitable dishonesty. :nom:

Not only did this infect school, collage and work, but it’s now ruined games, movies and music for me. :(

I need to work Saturdays and Sundays :c

I work weekends too and already it's getting hot here in Southern California. It's not even officially Spring yet.

• Brohoof 1

Welp, the gastroscopy happened... ergh... my throat's seen better days. It still stings when I swallow, even though that was the morning and we're ending the evening now.

They couldn't even keep the thing down for more than a couple minutes, I retched and coughed so hard I was spasming like a downed animal.

At least we know I have hiatal hernia causing acid reflux, and in ~3 weeks we'll know if I have bacteria (H. pylori) makin it worse. I also brought spare t-shirts (and socks); unlike last time where I'd kept my sweat-soaked t-shirt on, leading to sore neck and shoulders.

• 4 weeks later...

I hate spring and summer is two month away...

Edited by TBD

My idiot roommates think it's a good idea to yell, slam doors, shower, and just in general be loud in the middle of the night. By middle of the night, I mean 3am. I gave up trying to go to my 9am classes and opted to get a full night's sleep instead. I'm dropping out after this semester anyway, so a letter grade lower in a class or two doesn't matter.