Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sleep Paralysis Stories

Lucid_Nightlight

A lot of get it and we always have some super weird experience. In this thread, we will tell about our experiences with sleep paralysis.

Once when I got it, I felt as if a snake bit my leg. Needless to say... It was weird.

There's not really much to tell, I didn't really have any hallucinations. I was lying on my bed and it felt like something was sitting on my back. I eventually overcame the sleep paralysis, fixed my sleeping position, then went back to sleep.

I used to have sleep paralysis a lot in my early teens. It's less common now. And I almost never hallucinate during an episode of sleep paralysys. The only time was last year when I was drifting off to sleep and I thought I heard a blood-curdling scream. :unsure:

A few nights ago I was laying in bed on my back, I felt my body freeze up and I felt like a great weight was set upon me, and I saw swirling and flashing lights in the dark, I had my eyes closed.

I have it like every weekend, when I wake up in bed and then go back to sleep, it feels so weird, but cool. It's interesting when I can make my thoughts into dreams and have lucid dreams and such, like damn it's quite a good thing for me.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, CrystalBloodMoon said:

@Mirage

I'm a lucid dreamer and have never had sleep paralysis, so wut up wit dat?

I don't know. During REM, when we dream the most, our muscles are shut down by the brain. This is a safety mechanism so we don't react to our dreams. Therefore, when we become lucid, we turn on a part of our brain that can send commands to the body to move, but it won't. It's a sort of twilight of the mind where dreaming and waking occur at the same time, so I'm sure there are varied results from one experience to another.

I've never had sleep paralysis, but from what I hear it can be scary. :blink: I've always wanted to try lucid dreaming, but the thought of getting sleep paralysis has been the one thing keeping me from trying it. :sunny:

3 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I've never had sleep paralysis, but from what I hear it can be scary. :blink: I've always wanted to try lucid dreaming, but the thought of getting sleep paralysis has been the one thing keeping me from trying it. :sunny:

Yea, it's scary if you don't know the basic science behind it. Your body is asleep, but your mind sort of awake, but still in a dreamlike state. Sometimes you'll here sounds like buzzing, whispers, maybe a voice, or in my case screetching.

You may also feel weird things like something pushing you down, a snake biting you, or something like that.

Hallucinations are also possible. One thing you can do is turn that sleep paralysis into a lucid dream.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...