Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The workout thread

Titans08Mariota

I occasionally go to the gym with my cousin. She has to stay fit for her job and I just tag along to keep her motivated and get a little exercise on the side as well. I mostly do cardio (treadmill, elliptical) and some martial arts stuff. I don't do weights because I'm kind of slender and it's not my sort of thing, so I prefer to maximize how to focus the strength and impact of what I have rather than build myself up to look like a comic book heroine on steroids. 

I do walk a lot. I don't often drive a car so I walk where I need to go, or ride a bike if it's far away. I have a pedometer that monitors how far I go when I walk, how many aerobic steps I take and what calories I burn. 

3 hours ago, Narcissus said:

I occasionally go to the gym with my cousin. She has to stay fit for her job and I just tag along to keep her motivated and get a little exercise on the side as well. I mostly do cardio (treadmill, elliptical) and some martial arts stuff. I don't do weights because I'm kind of slender and it's not my sort of thing, so I prefer to maximize how to focus the strength and impact of what I have rather than build myself up to look like a comic book heroine on steroids. 

I do walk a lot. I don't often drive a car so I walk where I need to go, or ride a bike if it's far away. I have a pedometer that monitors how far I go when I walk, how many aerobic steps I take and what calories I burn. 

That's perfectly fine. Not a lot of people even do that so you should honestly be proud of yourself.

• Brohoof 1

I've been doing weight training for a while now, usually using my own set of weights, although if I wanted to do a bench press or leg training I'd usually go the gym. 

Whilst lifting is a strength of mine, (no pun intended), burpees are the absolute worst man. I swear, I'd rather climb Everest than do 50 of 'em in a row. :D

My dog also acts as my little exercise buddy, he's always up for a wee run. 👌   

(edited)

Monday

Every 2 min for 14 min
4X130 deadlifts 
3X100kg bench press 
Evening 10km run in under 40min 

Tuesday 

10-1 Heaves
20-2ml press
30-3 V-sit ups
40-4 front squats
50-5 push ups 

Wedensday

5x5 push press 60kg
Endurance: 300kb swings, every minute 5 burpies  

Thursday 
swim 25m freestyle 10 min rest
400m swim any stroke at own pace

Friday 
4X10 back squat 80kg
4x10 dumbell lunges W/ 20kg dumbells 
4X10 h i p bridge 50kg using a bench
sprint 500 meters then do 20 push ups X7 

Week end rest   

pre work out Cliff bar 30min prior to starting 
post work out Musashi shake (lean muscle) within 30 min after 

i have to do all that for my job though you can probably make an educated guess what that is 

Edited by Spondonical
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Spondonical said:

Monday

Every 2 min for 14 min
4X130 deadlifts 
3X100kg bench press 
Evening 10km run in under 40min 

Tuesday 

10-1 Heaves
20-2ml press
30-3 V-sit ups
40-4 front squats
50-5 push ups 

Wedensday

5x5 push press 60kg
Endurance: 300kb swings, every minute 5 burpies  

Thursday 
swim 25m freestyle 10 min rest
400m swim any stroke at own pace

Friday 
4X10 back squat 80kg
4x10 dumbell lunges W/ 20kg dumbells 
4X10 h i p bridge 50kg using a bench
sprint 500 meters then do 20 push ups X7 

Week end rest   

pre work out Cliff bar 30min prior to starting 
post work out Musashi shake (lean muscle) within 30 min after 

i have to do all that for my job though you can probably make an educated guess what that is 

Well I'd guess swim. But, dude that's what I'm frickin talking about. Thumbs up and a pat on the back.

I can say I'm quite active, so whenever I've done many things during my life time but now I'm currently going to the gym. I consider cardio as the base of my training path (I mostly use that special type of treadmill which doesn't move thanks to electricity, but just thanks to the movement of the legs), since I've always loved running, and legs are probably the most trained part of my body (I used to run a lot when I was an athlete). Then I move to the weights (I'm quite muscular myself, thanks to my body constitution). There, I prefer to go with the "traditional way", without machines. Of course, it doesn't apply for any excercise I do.

• 2 months later...

I do cardio and aerobics, with very light weights (just enough to keep toned but not build muscle). I have to keep in shape for work but the doc limits what I can do, so I sort of find a middle ground of lighter resistance but for longer periods of time. 

• 5 months later...

I like to curl dumbbells at least 4 times a week. I just recently moved up from 25 to 35lb dumbbells. I have to be reasonably strong for my work and some of my hobbies.

With the weather cooling down, I plan to ride my bike a little bit every other morning before I go to work.

• 1 month later...

Loads of cardio! I try to hop on the exercise bike each day for about an hour. I may skip a few days in the week, but I at least try to get four days in. Some nights, I do an hour on the treadmill instead, but being tall and the low ceiling of the exercise room kind of makes it a major pain in the butt.

I also do some simple callisthenics to try to keep tone, like pushups, planks and burpees. I have to stay strong enough to lug around a 50 pound telescope, after all. :mlp_laugh:

Edited by Celtore