Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Equestria Girls media do you prefer?  

18 users have voted

1. 1. Best of Equestria Girls?

• Equestria Girls
    • Rainbow Rocks
    • Friendship Games
    • Legend of Everfree
    • Dance Magic
    • Movie Magic
    • Mirror Magic
    • Forgotten Friendship
    • Summertime Shorts
    • Better Together episodes
    • Choose Your Own Ending
    • Music Videos
    • Minis
    • Rainbow Rocks shorts
    • Friendship Games shorts

So, Equestria Girls has come quite a ways since it's debut in the movie of the same name. Since them we've had four movies, three specials, one longer special, and various shorts.

1. Movies
    1. Equestria Girls
    2. Rainbow Rocks
    3. Friendship Games
    4. Legend of Everfree
  2. Specials
    1. Dance Magic
    2. Movie Magic
    3. Mirror Magic
    4. Forgotten Friendship
  3. Shorts
    1. Summertime Shorts
    2. Better Together
    3. Rainbow Rocks/Friendship Games/etc
    4. Music Videos
    5. Choose Your Own Ending
    6. Minis

As you can see, even though not everything has been long, we've got a decent amount of material in regards to animation. So; which is your favorite? Do your prefer one of the movies? Do one of the shorts do better? Or is it one of the specials that appeal to you?

For me, it's a close contest between Friendship Games and Forgotten Friendship; with the strongest possibly being the latter. While Friendship Games does a great job acting as the closing chapter in Sunset's redemption arc, Forgotten Friendship really puts her in much more stressful environment, while having likable secondary characters (Trixie!!!) and having stronger ties to the pony world.

How about you?

• Brohoof 5

Despite my issues with the main villain (Wallflower) and some other things, I really enjoyed Forgotten Friendship. 

Sunset’s development and depth as a character as well as her excellently executed friendship with Trixie and some good jokes are enough to make up for the flaws as well as make it my favorite EQG related media. 

Definitely not perfect but compared to how I feel about the movies and those three 22 minute specials, it’s a big improvement. 

• Brohoof 4

While Forgotten Friendship is easily my top EQG special/film, my favorite EQG piece of media altogether is the smaller collection of post-RR shorts, with Life Is a Runway barely edging out My Past Is Not Today.

I went with Forgotten Friendship in the poll, because it's more specific of a choice, but if the RR and FG shorts were divided up into more specific categories, I'd select the three sequel shorts collection in a heartbeat. ;)

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 3

It needed to be something truly epic to dethrone Mirror Magic as my favourite aspect of Equestria Girls, and Forgotten Friendship was able to do this and more on so many levels from a technical and storytelling standpoint.

• Brohoof 3

"Rainbow Rocks" is still my favorite Equestria Girls movie. Why? Because it ROCKS! I love the music in it. It also has my favorite moment. When Sunset Shimmer  throws aside her jacket and begins to sing, it symbolizes her finally casting off the last vestige of the old her. It enables her to ascend and "Ponifiy" with her friends once she fully and completely understands the magic of friendship. It's really quite moving. 

Sunset_-You're_never_gonna_bring_me_down-_EG2.png

• Brohoof 3

I still feel "Rainbow Rocks' is the most polished and entertaining thing Equestria Girls has yet offered, though both the "Better Together" shorts and the "Chose Your Own Ending" shorts are up there. 

• Brohoof 2

I recognize most of the choices, but What does the OP mean by Better Together episodes and Mini episodes? Can you give me a few examples of those types of episodes?

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

I recognize most of the choices, but What does the OP mean by Better Together episodes and Mini episodes? Can you give me a few examples of those types of episodes?

My apologies on that. The following links should help on that.

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/My_Little_Pony_Equestria_Girls:_Better_Together

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/My_Little_Pony_Equestria_Girls_Minis

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Dark Qiviut said:

I went with Forgotten Friendship in the poll, because it's more specific of a choice, but if the RR and FG shorts were divided up into more specific categories, I'd select the three sequel shorts collection in a heartbeat. ;)

Actually you bring up a good point as the RR shorts were of especially high quality. As such I separated them into their own category with the FG shorts getting their own.

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Hierok, Scoffer of Music said:

Why am I the only one who has voted for the original. :lol: I think the first one is the best, with Rainbow Rocks close behind, and after that Forgotten Friendship.

I'd rank them "Rainbow Rocks", The original "Equestria Girls", then "Forgotten Friendship",  and third "Friendship Games". I loved all four, and it was very close, but this is my order of preference. The camp Everfree one I thought lagged quite a bit behind all of them though. It sort of lacked something, in my opinion. Also, one scene made me actually mad. They did that thing of launching paper balloons with candles in them. That was fine. Then Twilight looked down into the OPEN TOP of hers before launching! A hot air ballon with an open top would just sit on the ground until the paper bag set on fire! That was such a dumb error to make in the animation.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
forgot a couple things
  • Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Hierok, Scoffer of Music said:

Why am I the only one who has voted for the original. :lol: I think the first one is the best, with Rainbow Rocks close behind, and after that Forgotten Friendship.

Rainbow Rocks > all those new shorts > Friendship Games, for me. 

Edited by AlexanderThrond

3 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

Rainbow Rocks > all those new shorts > Friendship Games, for me. 

Friendship games was not great indeed, but not bad either. It was decent, and it is that short that made me want to sci-set. 

4 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I'd rank them "Rainbow Rocks", The original "Equestria Girls", then "Forgotten Friendship",  and third "Friendship Games". I loved all four, and it was very close, but this is my order of preference. The camp Everfree one I thought lagged quite a bit behind all of them though. It sort of lacked something, in my opinion. Also, one scene made me actually mad. They did that thing of launching paper balloons with candles in them. That was fine. Then Twilight looked down into the OPEN TOP of hers before launching! A hot air ballon with an open top would just sit on the ground until the paper bag set on fire! That was such a dumb error to make in the animation.

Yeah, that is something I can't either. Or every 'I got this' ever. :3