Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do any of the Mane Six annoy you?

Azureth

Not saying you hate them necessarily, but do any you find typically annoying when they show up? 

For me it would be Pinkie Pie. I get that is her thing but more often than not I find her really annoying. 

• Brohoof 1

In my opinion Pinkie Pie is a little little tiny bit to active. She is jumping a bit to much around and is talking way to fast most times in my opinion. I doesn't hate her or anypony else but she annoys me a little bit. Only my opinion.

Love you all Bronies 

Unless it's an episode focused on her, pinkie just seems to be there for comedic relief. Random humor that doesn't contribute to the story and makes her unrelatible as a character. 

If it's her episode or her as a co-star, she's more 3 dimensional. Otherwise she boils down to "I'm so random! Lol!"

• Brohoof 4

God, it seems like Pinkie's getting a lot of votes here. Hopefully they'll change her a bit in Seasons 8 and 9, but chances are, it's hard to tell. Perhaps even have an episode with Fluttershy that can change Pinkie's character in Season 9 if it won't happen in Season 8.

Rainbow Dash in the earlier seasons. Sometimes I just found her downright mean or narcisstic. She's one of my favorites (along with Applejack) from around the middle of season 3 and onwards.

Pinkie Pie is a good character but they have the habit of making her too exaggerated and hyper. She has a great voice so why do they often make it so high and loud?

• Brohoof 1

I've always thought Rainbow Dash was annoying due to her "I'm awesome!" attitude.

Pinkie Pie also became less funny and more obnoxious to me after I watched season 3. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

As it stands right now; no. The Mane 6 are legitimate characters who have had legitimate development and character growth over 7 season, going into season 8. That said, season 1 was a bit rough for some....

1. I was already fine with Twilight Sparkle and Applejack as they were the most relateable to me at the time.
2. Fluttershy I could tolerate; she never really bothered me.
3. Rainbow Dash I enjoyed, though her cockiness was a tad irritating until "Sonic Rainboom."
4. Pinkie Pie was give or take, but she was largely fun.
5. Rarity is the one that really annoyed me. I was afraid she would be the typical girly type... then "A Dog and Pony Show" smacked me upside the head and showed me the potential behind her character. That's what I get for assuming. ^^;

For context, the CMC were annoying for much longer until around the end of season 3, while Spike was mixed-to-annoying until season 6.

• Brohoof 4

Any Mane Six annoys me when they have sooooooo many episodes close together in one season, when others are getting pushed aside. Compare in season 6 how many times Rarity and Rainbow Dash had episodes compared to Fluttershy and Pinkie! Or season 7 with Pinkie's episodes compared to AJ's!

Well Not really for me. Twilight sparkle isn't that annoying to me so her energy and excitement doesn't make that annoying to me. fluttershy, as a fan of fluttershy, I wouldn't say so even though she's sensitive. Pinkie pie, well she does make me laugh in certain episodes including her pranks. Rainbow dash, well no. Her pranks does makes me laugh. Rarity, not really. she's a type of pony that likes fashion and fancy stuff although she can be dramatic in some situations. Applejack, not really when she's a hard working type. Probably in overall, they don't annoy me at most times.

I think the only one of the mane six I ever had a problem with was Rarity.  But I have long since gotten over that, and although she's still in the bottom third (along with Applejack) that does not by any means equate to me disliking her, it just means I like other four more.  I think they struck a very good balance with the characters, yes they are all caricatures, they are all at the extreme end of their particular archetype, but that was always the entire point of them right from the outset.  This is why it is so important that even when they learn a lesson that should alter their character they have to subsequently regress (at least slightly) so that they don't stray too far from that archetype lest they end up losing that immediately identifiable characteristic that makes them what they are.

So yeah... no.  None of the mane six annoy me, they all have flaws (they even did a song about it) and they all have endearing characteristics, and the latter more than outweighs the former.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

Any Mane Six annoys me when they have sooooooo many episodes close together in one season, when others are getting pushed aside. Compare in season 6 how many times Rarity and Rainbow Dash had episodes compared to Fluttershy and Pinkie! Or season 7 with Pinkie's episodes compared to AJ's!

It's going in a pattern. Season 5, Pinkie gets one more episode than the others. Season 6, the others get more episodes than her. Season 7, Pinkie does it again. Season 8, the others do it again.

But hopefully in Season 9, both Pinkie and Fluttershy will get more episodes than at least Rainbow Dash (and also Starlight).

Pinkie doesn't annoy me, most of the time. It annoys me more when she's antagonising Fluttershy than when she's hopping around being herself. 

The character that annoys me the most is Rainbow Dash because she seems a bit too arrogant sometimes, like more than she should be considering her character development. Like when she went back on the whole not pranking Fluttershy thing.

As much as I love Rainbow Dash, she tends to be really annoying, especially in Equestria Girls movies. >_>
Other than that, I can't really complain on anypony. :catface: 

• Brohoof 2