Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do any of the Mane Six annoy you?

Azureth

Not consistently, though they've all had their moments. I have a high Pinkie tolerance, so I suppose it's Rainbow and Rarity who get on my nerves the most often, which is funny, because those are also two of my favourite characters. Rainbow can get too full of herself sometimes, and Rarity sometimes comes across as selfish in earlier episodes, but I still love them. 

• Brohoof 5

Just now, AlexanderThrond said:

Not consistently, though they've all had their moments. 

Pretty much this. I've found Pinkie Pie annoying in "A Friend in Deed" but as you can probably tell, I still love her.

• Brohoof 3

All of them have their few moments, like Pinkie in Filly Vanilli, AJ in Somepony to watch over me/Honest Apple, Rarity in Simple Way, Fluttershy in Dragon Quest, RD whenever she says 'awesome', Twilight in S1... I can tolerate them if they don't happen often :orly: because we people can be a bit 'jerky' sometime but we are not asshole so we aren't like that all the time...

• Brohoof 1

Surprisingly, Applejack is the one I find myself being the most annoyed at. I know she's like the one who doesn't need as much development, but that lies with the drawback of character regression for the sake of the plot, not to mention she's probably the least adaptable character of all. In contrast to Rarity in that regard, as being the girly fashionista, one would expect her to be more limited plotwise, but she's by far one of the most flexible and adaptable out of the Mane6 

Fluttershy sometimes annoys me because the show acts like she's great with animals, yet she's pretty bad with them. The show acts like being shy  = perfect person to work with animals. In reality, being shy is something that many animals will pick up on. It makes them fearful or they take advantage and boss the insecure person around (like Snowball does). Fluttershy should have learned this from all the time she spends with animals. 

If she was only shy around other ponies, that would work, but she's shy around animals too. If her shyness was healthy, like just not being overbearing or loud and more of a quiet politeness in her demeanor, that would work too, but the show makes it clear that her shyness is an insecurity that she has to overcome.

It doesn't work with the animal thing.

And her sanctuary hospital was a terrible idea. I'm sorry Little Miss Disney Princess, but sick and injured animals need walls for their safety and quarantine. You were not right.

Edited by Total Lunar Eclipse
  • Brohoof 1

Pinkie tends to annoy me when she's used as the random pony to bounce ideas and nothing more (see Green Isn't Your Color and Honest Apple).

Rainbow Dash's cockiness is not particularly annoying to me, but it has become tiresome after so much character development.

I started hating Rarity's drama because of my low tolerance to the stereotypical "dramatic **tch" character, luckyly Rarity quickly grew appart from the stereotype, or rather, was shown to never have been a dramatic **tch, and I actually started to enjoy and then love her dramatic moments.

(edited)

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:43 AM, Sparklefan1234 said:

I've always thought Rainbow Dash was annoying due to her "I'm awesome!" attitude.

Well that's what happens when you spend you're childhood getting picked on and being told you're not good enough, and look where she is now. If I went through that kind of thing, I'd be rubbing my success in their faces too. I think anyone would. 

Edited by PathfinderCS

(edited)

I don't really get annoyed by the Mane Six that often, but when I do it's usually either Pinkie Pie or Rainbow Dash. Usually it's just poor writing at fault, but at times I just find Pinkie to be obnoxious, and Rainbow Dash to be annoyingly ego-centric.   

Edited by Classic Meme

(edited)

Annoy? Not particularly often but on some occasions. I find most of them just sort of there for me though more than anything. The most annoying is probably Rainbow to me.

Edited by Demon Eyes

After watching a few more episodes yeah, I'd have to say Pinkie probably is more annoying to me than everyone else now. On occasion her over the top approach just becomes somewhat unbearable to watch. She isn't terrible though.

Yeah me again.

After watching season 5 the triple Rarity episode she annoys me a little more than before. I think she's a bit to" lady like". Yeah it's here personality but I think most times it was a bit too much. 

Hell are many Bronies with Rainbow Dash pictures here in the Forums. And I'm one of them. Help :blink:

Love you all and wish you a very nice weekend 

• Brohoof 2

Pinkie annoyed me when I first started watching the show, but she's my third favorite of the Mane Six now.

Rarity's personality annoyed me until I got to Suited for Success, which made me like her character a lot more (it made her more relatable for me).

Pretty much the only one of the Mane Six who still annoys me at times is Rainbow Dash, but not that often.

Mane 6 rarely annoy me, and most of those times were usually the result of shitty writing. Fuck the only annoying thing about RD is that she’s the only character that gets entire episodes dedicated to show casing the negative aspects of the character then cranking up those negative aspects to a thousand and then it as an excuse to spend the entire episode punishing and humiliating the character, to the point where it just comes as the writers being actively hostile 

Hmmm, I've occasionally gotten annoyed with some of them, but never really on a regular basis. Usually it's just for a particular scene and then I end up forgetting about it later on. If I HAD to pick one, it'd probably have to be Rarity, and even then that's a... "Rarity". 

Heh heh heh-okay I'll stop now.

I am not annoyed by rainbow dash, I hate rainbow dash. Sometimes her carelessness, arrogance, brutality really really trigger me. She more than once fuck up everyone because she wants to. Like how she blown up the whole cloud factory, or poisioned the whole ponyville. 

On 3/4/2018 at 9:53 PM, Cyanamide said:

I am not annoyed by rainbow dash, I hate rainbow dash. Sometimes her carelessness, arrogance, brutality really really trigger me. She more than once fuck up everyone because she wants to. Like how she blown up the whole cloud factory, or poisioned the whole ponyville. 

She never poisoned ponyville. That was Appplejack. And did blowing up the weather factory have any profound negative affect on anything or anyone? She got everyone's job done ahead of schedule of the very next day they were all having the time of their lives in the snow. Whatever damage she must have caused had to be minor enough to not warrant much concern.Not saying she was right to do it, but it could've been worse. 

I would also argue Twilight is just as careless if not more so than Dash. For all her knowledge of magic and such, she still tends to use it in a way that often causes more harm than good. Causing riots over dolls, screwing with pony genetics. On top of that she's the Princess of Friendship... and she's put more effort into preventing friendships than she has creating or fixing them. But maybe that just doesn't bother you as much for reasons that are your own. Believe what you will, but don't be adverse to hearing other points of view.

Yes, they all possess the potential to irritate from time to time. And although I like them all, I have no doubt in saying that Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Pinkie Pie irk me considerably more than the others. Rainbow has a habit of being inconsiderate to her fellow pony's individual needs, Pinkie Pie sometimes takes her role as the comic relief too far, and doesn't no when to stop, and Applejack is often too archaic for her own good.

Though again, I'd like to reiterate that these moments are few and far between and, by and large, I find each of the Mane 6 likable in their own way a good majority of the time.:grin:

• Brohoof 1

A lot of my interest in the mane 6 has begun to wane since my interest in other character's stories began to increase(Especially Starlight, Trixie, Celestia, Luna, Ember, Thorax, and hell even Tirek).

In terms of annoyance, Pinkie was a bit on the annoying side, almost pushing herself to Spongebob-ish Flanderizations.  Thankfully, she redeemed herself in the movie.

Pinkie Pie has a tendency to annoy me the most. It's not that I hate her, of course not, but I think she's relied on too much as a crutch to make an episode funny, to the point that they make her force jokes that just disrupt the mood and flow of the scene that she's in. I don't think it's so much a fault of her character, though, as it is the writers feeling obligated to insert humor where it doesn't need to be. This seems to be dying down more in recent seasons, so I can't complain much.

On 3/7/2018 at 10:57 PM, heavens-champion said:

Rainbow Dash has this odd habit of making you like her one minute, making you not like her the next minute, and then liking her again the minute after that.

I think only the best characters can do that. Make you feel a variety of emotions for them.

• Brohoof 2