Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did you think of the episode?  

133 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• This was pure NEGATIVE couture! THE NERVE!!!
    • I am disappointed; Rarity For You is NOT for me!
    • Eh; it's meh.
    • Okay, I think we got something here!
    • OMG LIKE BEST DESIGN EVUH!!!!

Note: Over the last month-plus, some content originally leaked (e.g., the Student Six's names, episode titles, some summaries) have been officially revealed, and chances are more will, too. But as always, please keep all leaked content not officially revealed yet — and/or if you're unsure if you're revealing too much — under the "spoiler" tag. (Hit the eye icon to trigger it and type within it.)

Title: Fake It 'Til You Make It

Air Date (U.S./Disc. Family): April 7 at 11:30am

Writer(s): Josh Hamilton

Summary: "When Fluttershy is the only pony available to look after the Manehattan boutique while Rarity is away, she takes on a series of characters to cope with the intimidating clientele and learns that she was already the best pony for the job just by being herself."

Remember to join us at the CMC Clubhouse on Equestria.tv!

Episode will be linked after it airs.

DM:

• Brohoof 5

Cool! So it looks like my two favorite members of the mane 6 are finally getting another episode focusing on them together.  We haven't gotten that since Green isn't Your Color in season 1, and the last time I can recall the friendship between the two of them in particular in display was in Filli Vanilli in season 4.  So seeing an underused pairing such as Rarishy be given some more attention is a bit refreshing.

13 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

Cool! So it looks like my two favorite members of the mane 6 are finally getting another episode focusing on them together.  We haven't gotten that since Green isn't Your Color in season 1, and the last time I can recall the friendship between the two of them in particular in display was in Filli Vanilli in season 4.  So seeing an underused pairing such as Rarishy be given some more attention is a bit refreshing.

Rarity will probably just bookend the episode with this being mostly a Fluttershy solo. Either way, I'm hoping they tie back to the Suited For Success continuity and how Fluttershy actually knew something about fashion and sewing. 

• Brohoof 5

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

It's a little bit weird that Rarity wouldn't hire a substitute, I thought she has Coco. Also this sounds like a very extremely predictable episode. Fluttershy is shy, so she is scared of being in public. However, she learns that she shouldn't be scared and was right for the job.

Edited by R.D.Dash

(edited)

By looking at this animatic,

It doesn't look very likely this episode will focus much on Rarity, which means Rarity won't be appearing much in the first half of Season 8.

Edited by FirePuppy

On 4/2/2018 at 8:08 PM, R.D.Dash said:

It's a little bit weird that Rarity wouldn't hire a substitute, I thought she has Coco.

Not only does she have Coco in the area but remember Rainbow Dash hired THREE consultants so they have to be written out as well, unless they are just ret-conned out. Actually I would love to see that be addressed in a realistic take:

Rarity: Fluttershy, I need you to watch over the store.

Fluttershy: But, Rarity what about all those ponies we hired?

Rarity: Well dear you see...

Fluttershy: Oh my, did they all get sick! Awe those poor things.

Rarity: No, they're fine, it's just things didn't work out.

Fluttershy: Say no more, Rarity, I completely understand. Oh it must have been so hard on you to let them go-

Rarity: Actually, they all quit.

Fluttershy: What, why?

Rarity: Well, it turns out this boutique doesn't make enough to comfortably afford the service of three extra employees. There's a reason just Sassy Saddles runs my Canterlot boutique.

Fluttershy: Oh...um...okay........so, am I getting paid for this too?

[Rarity Death Stares her]

Fluttershy: I mean what are friends for, hehe...

• Brohoof 4

20 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

Honestly, looking at the animatic and synopsis, this looks to be another typical Fluttershy episode. Which, after Health of Information, is very disappointing.

I'm already not impressed with S8. If this episode is bad, I'm going to consider dropping the show. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, VG_Addict said:

I'm already not impressed with S8. If this episode is bad, I'm going to consider dropping the show. 

I’ve got some advice: just do it.

If you’re not enjoying something, trying to force yourself to like it isn’t going to magically change your mind. Sometimes it’s best to take a break from something that isn’t satisfying you, even if you still like it. The show’s not going anywhere, and it’ll always be there if you feel like checking it out again later.

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, ShootingStar159 said:

Honestly, looking at the animatic and synopsis, this looks to be another typical Fluttershy episode. Which, after Health of Information, is very disappointing.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

The best last RarityFluttershy episode is Green isnt Your Color. I have a feeling Fake cant beat Green anytime soon. I expect it to be a decent episode at least, its Fluttershy and Rarity episode, two my favorite mane 6, what could go wrong?

(I didnt watch the animatic)

1 hour ago, Lambdadelta said:

The best last RarityFluttershy episode is Green isnt Your Color. I have a feeling Fake cant beat Green anytime soon. I expect it to be a decent episode at least, its Fluttershy and Rarity episode, two my favorite mane 6, what could go wrong?

Wellllll.... (Puts on his Debbie Downer wig)

• The customers could be obnoxious and unlikable, turning what should be a fun experience of Fluttershy getting to roleplay into something painful to watch.
  • Fluttershy's power trip ends with her getting needlessly bashed by the writer when it all goes wrong.
  • Rarity comes off as uncaring and out-of-touch when she saddles Fluttershy with the task of running her shop.

In short, "Princess Spike - Fluttershy Edition."

I admit I made the same comparison last year with "Fluttershy Leans In," all because of how much I disliked the clueless experts and how they reminded me of the delegates.

If the premise is accurate, the comparison is more apt here however, since Fluttershy => Spike, customers => delegates, Rarity => Cadance. I hope I'm wrong though. The message in this episode is a lot more uplifting than the one they chose for poor Spike, and it seems like letting Andrea Libman get to go wild and play a bunch of characters is something that might have been the inspiration for this episode.

OTOH, they probably thought the same thing when coming up with that scene for Ashleigh Ball in "Newbie Dash".... <_<

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Truffles said:

In short, "Princess Spike - Fluttershy Edition."

Is it a spoiler or your prediction?

I just want to watch the episode with optimism.  :blush: I dont like a bad Fluttershy episode *Fluttershy Leans In memories came back to his mind*.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Lambdadelta said:

Is it a spoiler or your prediction?

I just want to watch the episode with optimism.  :blush: I dont like a bad Fluttershy episode *Fluttershy Leans In memories came back to his mind*.

It's not spoiler, and it's (hopefully) not a prediction. I point it out as a possibility but am relieved Josh Hamilton has authored this one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed all the same!

(edited)

With the title of the episode, I can expect it to have as similar of a moral to DuckTales' "The Infernal Internship of Mark Beaks!" Mark Beaks lived by the creed of "Fake it Til You Make it," by

Spoiler

Creating hype for a fake product, codenamed "Project Tah-Dah," which is everything you think it is, and nothing you're expecting. It turns out to be as fake as he is, and Huey and Dewey learned that guys like Dewey put on a show and fake it, because smart guys like Huey are so good at making it! In the end, Mark Beaks got to keep the Billion bucks he's made through faking it, and he fires the two boys on account of them knowing about Project Tah-Dah, but the boys tweet "My Face looks like a butt" on his last phone. It remained undeleted, but his phone got smashed by Flintheart Glomgold disguised as a delivery guy (Even his real beard is fake), out to get Beaks killed, through a yacht headed for an active volcano, WITH SHARKS! Mark Beaks has faked his way into a rivalry involving death and intrigue, with Flintheart Glomgold!

At least Scrooge is a WAY better billionaire than Glomgold and Beaks.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

4 hours ago, Truffles said:

It's not spoiler, and it's (hopefully) not a prediction. I point it out as a possibility but am relieved Josh Hamilton has authored this one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed all the same!

Only his Triple Threat is dumb, his Parental Glideance and Secret & Pies are laugh-inducing.:nom: His episodes are funny so i hope Fake can be very funny at least (but not dumb like Triple Threat).

• This topic was featured and pinned

And so we arrive at the next stop of the season 8 tour, episode 4! I know last episode was quite divisive with claims of Pinkie being OOC or Mud Briar just being unlikable, personally I enjoyed the episode and believe that Pinkie NOT liking someone is a breath of fresh air and adds depth to her, you don't need to stay this one note concept that was intended in season 1, It's more real for Pinkie to be the Pony that tries to like everyone than just the pony who just does love everyone. Mud Briar was a funny stick in the Mud, overall I thought it was a funny 7/10 episode. 
...BUT NONE OF THAT MATTERS
Fake it Till you Make It: Written by Josh Hamilton
I rather enjoyed his previous episodes, Parental Glideance was great, Triple Threat was fun yet muddy, and Secrets and Pies was absolutely hilarious and really did a good job showing two sides where neither was in the wrong or right. This time we have Fluttershy trying to be like Rarity as she runs the boutique, I have seen fears that with some of the old staff done with the movie and returning to the show they will negate Fluttershys amazing development and turn her back into "super shy horse" but I don't think that will be the case here, I think Fluttershy will have trouble keeping her composure as a "high class pony" rather than just be too shy to deal with customers, with the lesson being you don't have to change who you are just to do something that might seem different to your personality

Regardless, based on his previous works I am expecting good comedy, hopefully some heart, but overall nothing jaw dropping, personally I don't think we will get a fantastic episode until Horse Play/Surf and or Turf.

(edited)

So they didn't forget about the three assistants. I guess Manehattan is busy enough to keep them all employed.

Loved the rejection montage, (way to ask three children before your friend:sealed:) but they had DJ in there too, isn't she supposed to be providing music-maybe it's only an evening thing?

Edited by KH7672
  • Brohoof 1