Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did you think of the episode?  

133 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• This was pure NEGATIVE couture! THE NERVE!!!
    • I am disappointed; Rarity For You is NOT for me!
    • Eh; it's meh.
    • Okay, I think we got something here!
    • OMG LIKE BEST DESIGN EVUH!!!!

Personally, I was really confused by this episode. It pulled in elements of "Green Isn't Your Color", "Putting Your Hoof Down", and several other episodes where the main character is asked to do something they know nothing about. And it felt incredibly schizophrenic as a result. I came away not at all sure what they were trying to accomplish.

There have been a few episodes throughout the series that I think were actively bad, and thus worse than this one. But it definitely was not one of my favorites.

• 3 weeks later...

This episode was hilarious! I loved the new Fluttershys until they became rude. It was sad that she got caught up too much with the roleplaying and messed herself up. I think it might have been cool if roleplaying became something she does from time to time, but looks like that won't happen seeing how wrong everything went in the end.:kindness:

• 4 weeks later...

I initially didn't like it - you could see the inevitable ending coming downstream like a train wreck (although not as badly as in, say, ELTSD) and you would have thought Flutters would have known better after hoof down.

After a little rewatching, I have come to appreciate Flutters' stress, the unreasonable load Rarity had put her under, and that, while her method acting got out of hand, she DID do well with the ponysonas she and the raccoons came up with.

Where I still find it jarring is at the end, where as her "inner strength" ponysona, she is in the face of some random society pony; that doesn't really fit Flutters, and she is no longer trying to find ways to cope with the responsibility, so I don't see that as being in character.

• 9 months later...

I'm binging season 8, and I gotta say this episode was very entertaining. Fluttershy's multiple personalities were spot on, and they really show how much easier it is to be assertive when you hide behind a separate personality.

Hipstershy gets a 10/10 for me, and bumps this episode really high for me for season 8.

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Fake it Til' You Make It. Or as I like to call it: Putting Your Hoof Down 3.5! Or heck, Green isn't Your Color 2.0.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of this episode. It was just a confusing mess. While it was nice that this episode continues after Saddle Row Review, but it kinda went downhill when Fluttershy played as alter-ego employees at Rarity for You/Saddle Row for the same three customers. To be honest, I don't find them entertaining compared to Putting Your Hoof Down. At least with Putting Your Hoof Down, Fluttershy's extreme assertiveness can be pretty entertaining at times, but this plays it completely straight and it's not funny at all. Not to mention, it felt pandering, too. Like the one where Fluttershy turning into a hipster and she said "woke" or "lit". Or the one that she turned goth and trying to be all depressed and stuff. It's like, MAKE IT STOP! It was so annoying.

Plus, am I the only one who finds it racist that Fluttershy calls her raccoons friends "rodents"? I hope it's not intentional.

On top of that, the end of the episode was pretty dumb. Rarity was angry at Fluttershy for her unprofessional behavior at the shop, she fires her alter-egos until the real Fluttershy came back and apologize. It really make no sense. 

Overall, this episode was just a mess. It almost as if the new writers were trying to take Fluttershy's assertiveness to next level, but it didn't really gel well and it copy off other episodes from the previous seasons that I felt they were much better.

• 1 month later...

I thought it was a funny Episode and an interesting premise, but like some People said earlier here, i got confused as well.

Not sure how Fluttershy could have not noticed that she was doing something wrong, but maybe she just had a panic attack, i dont know.

• 1 year later...

I'm just now coming back to the community after a 5 year break.  Making my way through S8, and this episode is the first one that really made me laugh.  A couple thoughts:

1. Calling raccoons "rodents" is basically using the N-word.  Hilarious, but also clever use of subtext.

2. Flutterbitch is best Flutter.

3. Exactly how close are Ponyville and Manehattan?  A whole bunch of characters are shown going back and forth throughout the episode, as if it's only a half hour drive.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

I liked this episode. The different shopkeeper personalities were fun. Yes of course they turned out to be mean. Roleplaying for a compitent boost is all fine and well just don't take it too far. 

Good messege that all the ''characters'' are part of yourself, and not different people. 

• 2 weeks later...

This was a fun and amusing episode. I liked it even better than when I watched it for the first time. The Manehattan ponies are quite rude though, so it was nice to see someone put them in their place - even if it was just an act. The different personalities were fun, my favorite was the goth one. Gets a 10/10 from me.