Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did you think of the episode?  

133 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• This was pure NEGATIVE couture! THE NERVE!!!
    • I am disappointed; Rarity For You is NOT for me!
    • Eh; it's meh.
    • Okay, I think we got something here!
    • OMG LIKE BEST DESIGN EVUH!!!!

I'm enjoying this and...OMG extreme goth stallion. XD

• Brohoof 2

So...Flutterb***h is still a thing; it seems. :P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I thought this was an enjoyable episode.  I rather liked how it was addressed that the confidence Fluttershy received from acting as those different ponies was still a part of her and her own confidence.  Also is it just me or does this episode remind anyone else of a better version of Putting Your Hoof Down?

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

P.S: 10/10 no glimmer

I guess you blinked when she appeared in the opening montage.

Also makes sense, who else is going to watch over the school when both Spike and Twilight are away. A little disappointed Kelly couldn't provide a line for Sassy Saddles though.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
18 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

I'm enjoying this and...OMG extreme goth stallion. XD

One of Rarity's entourage looked like Manfred Von Karma, the blond customer with the glasses looked like Colress, and now there's a goth Pony who looks like Goku Black...

:wacko:

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

Holy **** fluttershy is overpowered!!!

Those acting skills we're like extremely strong!! Although, pretending this strongly is actually a personality disorder. The things people can do out of desperation... Yeah but it was really interesting seeing fluttershy like that and it's great to see that she HAS the capabilities of bringing up such an act and be aggressive, confident and stubborn. It was very uncontrolled but the potential is there! Wow!

Well, of course, rarity decision of just randomly handing this complicated job over to some random pony who has the time, was pretty dumb. But i really enjoyed watching it and liked it! Imma give it 5/5 cause why not?

Well ... structurally this episode was kind of a mess. A few solid moments were decent enough though ... and I actually like that they touched on the concept of a 'work persona'. Not the best episode for Fluttershy and Rarity continuity. The joke with Rarity askeing everyone but Fluttershy first almost undermines her speech to Fluttershy at the end. Plus, Flutters did display some knowledge of sewing in the past, so missed opportunity there. Not sure the writer needed to bring in the whole group in the last act either. 

Overall episode was okay. 

• Brohoof 8

One interesting tidbit that falls in line with a recent issue of the comics. Originally, I had thought that Coco was an employee at Rarity's Manehatten shop, but that doesn't seem to be the case as she wasn't with the three assistants at the show. In the recent comic issue, Coco still has her own shop, so that falls in line pretty well.

Nice bit of continuity!

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

One interesting tidbit that falls in line with a recent issue of the comics. Originally, I had thought that Coco was an employee at Rarity's Manehatten shop, but that doesn't seem to be the case as she wasn't with the three assistants at the show. In the recent comic issue, Coco still has her own shop, so that falls in line pretty well.

Nice bit of continuity!

And even if you haven't read said issue, it's not a stretch to assume she simply branched out on her own offscreen.

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, FizzyGreen said:

Holy **** fluttershy is overpowered!!!

Those acting skills we're like extremely strong!! Although, pretending this strongly is actually a personality disorder. The things people can do out of desperation... Yeah but it was really interesting seeing fluttershy like that and it's great to see that she HAS the capabilities of bringing up such an act and be aggressive, confident and stubborn. It was very uncontrolled but the potential is there! Wow!

Well, of course, rarity decision of just randomly handing this complicated job over to some random pony who has the time, was pretty dumb. But i really enjoyed watching it and liked it! Imma give it 5/5 cause why not?

she should've asked Fluttershy from the start, though. She was best for the job. in "Green Isn't your color", who was it who was a model in the fashion industry? In "art of the Dress", who was it who surprised Rarity by requesting a precise couture dress?

7 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Well ... structurally this episode was kind of a mess. A few solid moments were decent enough though ... and I actually like that they touched on the concept of a 'work persona'. Not the best episode. The joke with Rarity asked everyone but Fluttershy first almost undermines her speech to Fluttershy at the end. Also liked this, Flutters did have some knowledge of sewing in the past, so missed opportunity there. Not sure the writer needed to bring in the whole group in the last act either. 

Overall episode was okay. 

I agree. There were a few missed opportunities with this episode, especially with Fluttershy's prior experience with sewing and fashion knowledge (Green isn't your color/ Art of the Dress). I didn't care for this episode due to how badly it portrayed her. It was cringeworthy. I did enjoy gothic male pony, though.

• Brohoof 5

Well, wasn't that interesting? She almost seemed possessed! :lol:
Almost. Wouldn't that have been fun?

Maybe they could've boosted up the spook factor in the episode but that's just me. They certainly could have taken this concept a lot farther than they did but creeping out the viewers is certainly not the intent of this episode. The most creepy part had to have been where Rarity was Terminating the personas, appearing as though Fluttershy could teleport back to where the previous persona stood before they trotted out.

Also couldn't help but gush a little from Fluttershy being so naturally cute in the beginning when she and Rarity were cuddling up a little. Then again, it just wouldn't be Fluttershy if she wasn't so naturally adorable.

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, KH7672 said:

I guess you blinked when she appeared in the opening montage.

Also makes sense, who else is going to watch over the school when both Spike and Twilight are away. A little disappointed Kelly couldn't provide a line for Sassy Saddles though.

Weak! You have a lot to learn about proper shit talk.

I liked her acting until she started bullying ponies and critters. Overall, an awesome episode! I wonder if we will see those characters again. 

On a side note, I rewatched The Maud Couple, and when Pinkie Pie said it was opposite day, Twilight was wearing her crown, making it seem like there might be some form of royal issues later on. (She doesn't normally wear her crown.)

• Brohoof 1

I found this episode to be a lot of fun. I like how we get to see the animal sanctuary again. I'm glad Angel tossed the bowl on her head and not throw it at her. Gave me a bit of a "Putting Your Hoof Down" vibe. It was cool how Rarity reminded Fluttershy of gaining confidence. It was great to see the raccoons and I liked their role in the episode. It was pretty awesome how they helped Fluttershy go through different personas to assist the customers. I can't really say who my favorite was from the personas, but each one became better and better. The pony customers were pretty cool and the designs were pretty interesting. I was surprised how Fluttershy slowly became cruel and turned on the customers and raccoons. I also found the little moment of Spike and charades to be funny and neat. Gives us a bit more of an identity to his character, or something like that. I found it hilarious when Rarity was telling each persona to leave the shop. I also liked the dress that Rarity made for Fluttershy at the end of the episode. All in all, I really liked this episode and I look forward to seeing what's next in this season. :yay:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Me and my friend agree this episode is some hot trash, this episode was Newbie Dash, Fluttershy edition. Josh Hamilton is proving himself to be a very mediocre writer with each subsequent episode of his. YOU DO NOT MAKE A CHARACTER WHO'S LIFE HAS BEEN CARING FOR ANIMAL SUDDENLY START TO DISRESPECT THEM and then turn around and HAVE THE GULL TO ATTEMPT TO RATIONALIZE IT. This is a shining example of an episode disregarding nearly everything about the character involved that has been established over the last 7 years to make the episode's plot work.

This would have been funny for a one off gag but no this is THE WHOLE EPISODE, just Fluttershy acting nothing like herself. I think it would have been a much better episode if Fluttershy had lied about the clothing to sell it and ponies would come back or return it unsatisfied and Rarity would come back and fix it or something. That's what I thought it was leading up to. We would end with some moral about not lying about an item to sell it or stretching the truth or something. But it seems I was giving the episode too much credit.

Also what about Coco Pommel? (she will always be Coco Pommel to me) Where the heck was she? I was under the impression that she was in charge of the Manehattan store (Rarity) Ponyville (Sassy Saddles) Canterlot (Coco Pommel) Manehattan... makes since right? I mean Rarity knows her, she's well versed in fashion, and she showed up in the Saddle Row episode. Either that cold killed her or the writer forgot about her existence and considering this episodes quality I am willing to bet the second option.

terrible 4.5/10 

Edited by Zantetsuken
  • Brohoof 3

Fake it till you make it. 

Where Fluttershy goes all Daniel Day Lewis on the fashion patrons of Manehatten, revealing how she subconsciously feels about socialites, fashion connoisseurs, customers in general, and even her own fashionista friend, who happens to be downright awful at scheduling, planning and establishing contingencies. 

I thought there was something to the first two acts.  The progression of Fluttershy going from overwhelmed and under confident to empathizing and reading her customers to a T, to getting lost in the illusion and forgetting what her true purpose there was. 

But the last act fell flat. Rarity calls Shy out on her BS after the effort Shy put in, only for her to suddenly up and apologize, drop all those persona's like nothing? Apparently she knew she was wrong, yet said all those things anyways? I was expecting her to need help dropping all those personalities she acquired, or Rarity to intervene and show how Shy really should've handled things. 

But nope. One termination, one apology, one 'be yourself' moral later and everything is fine. 

I'm sorry but the point was lost on me. Sounds like the moral was supposed to be one of those stay true to yourself moments, but that was shown to be a mistake in the beginning. Shy being herself was what showed she was unqualified to run the shop, thus turning her to act like a high society snob, a hipster and a mall goth. 

Really, the moral should've been 'Don't be a jerk to customers, even if they deserve it.' In a way, this episode was the antithesis of Fluttershy. Ignoring kindness and compassion, for what? Running a store for one day? And isn't the point of Rarity's fashion to make ponies shine their brightest and make them feel good on the inside? If anypony else should've been capable of that, it's Fluttershy. And she couldn't even do that right. 

This episode is a mixed bag for me. Love the designs of Shy and the new ponies in the solid first two acts, with Andrea putting in some of her best. But the ending was lacking and derailed the whole premise. 

• Brohoof 2

Yunno this episode actually provided a factor on Fluttershy that I learned in psychology class where she took 'pretending' too far and it became too real. There was a similar experiment at some college of some kind of prison experiment that was supposed to be a few weeks long, but ended in just a few days cause the students playing as guards were just beating up on those poor students that were prisoners who went crazy or became mindless zombies, which is why they made human psychology experiments illegal after that.

• Brohoof 3