Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did you think of the episode?  

133 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• This was pure NEGATIVE couture! THE NERVE!!!
    • I am disappointed; Rarity For You is NOT for me!
    • Eh; it's meh.
    • Okay, I think we got something here!
    • OMG LIKE BEST DESIGN EVUH!!!!

2 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

other than Andrea Libman deserves heaps and heaps of credit for her vocal range.

This is one positive element about this episode that I enjoyed. Some of the gags like Rarity giving the customer a glare, and little touches like that were fine too. 

EDIT: the problem is that I can find good moments in bad episodes. Watched it again with the kids, and ... it just simply felt off in a few ways. It isn't that good of an episode. Honestly, the concept for this episode is fine, it just needed another character. Maybe RD or even make it a CMC episode with Sweetie Belle in the central role. RD would be better for the natural brashness at times. I would say AJ but we have already been down that road recently. .

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

I think you're gonna give FITYMI an F.

Already did.

4 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

And that's not a hot take. It's barely a lukewarm take. 

:lol: Touché. *sips cold tea*

22 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Finished with it, finally.

Well, I have a hot take: Fake It Til You Make It eclipses Putting Your Hoof Down as Fluttershy's worst characterization in the series. Why? 'Cause in PYHD, FS had some kind of genuine motive to be a plothole, thanks to everyone else being equally unpleasant to her both before the seminar and until she got on line at Sugar Cube Corner. To her, if she's gonna earn some respect and dignity, she'd have to be a jerk back. But here, DHX turns her into a jerk without providing a decent alibi because the plot demands it. Yes, the customers were rude, but that doesn't allow FS to behave worse and give them a reason to be a jerk to her. She's very lucky the raccoons decided to forgive her so quickly after verbally abusing them that afternoon.

The customers were pretty shitty though. The one Rare saved her from was right about to yell at her and Shy was clearly feeling scared and out of her depth.

As I said, it seems like her hatred of them made her reflect them more and more in her performances as time went on.

Hmm I was not a fan of this one, which is pretty rare for me. I don't understand why Rarity would put Fluttershy in a situation that she knew would probably end badly

• Brohoof 2

19 minutes ago, gingerninja666 said:

The customers were pretty shitty though. The one Rare saved her from was right about to yell at her and Shy was clearly feeling scared and out of her depth.

As I said, it seems like her hatred of them made her reflect them more and more in her performances as time went on.

This brings up a huge issue I had with Rarity in the episode. She shit talked her clientele. So the concept of RFY becomes more shallow (build a brand using fashion centric location) which doesn't fit her motivation for designing clothing (to get her art out and improve the self-image of ponies). 

31 minutes ago, Frostgage said:

Hmm I was not a fan of this one, which is pretty rare for me. I don't understand why Rarity would put Fluttershy in a situation that she knew would probably end badly

Yeah I'm normally more generous than others. Watched it twice and my opinion went from okay to ... nope!

• Brohoof 2

It was nice to see Rarity's Manehattan store again, alongside her employees there, and Sassy at the fashion show in Canterlot. As for Fluttershy, it is understandable that she took the advice of her racoon friends who worked in Rarity For You to try and help Rarity's customers, but she took it too far once she started overdoing it and hurt the feelings of her animal friends. Kind of weird that it wasn't until Rarity fired her three different personas that Fluttershy regained control of herself and apologized for her behavior and letting things get out of hand like they did.

Either way, nice episode, and I give it an 8.5/10.

21 minutes ago, Jeric said:

This brings up a huge issue I had with Rarity in the episode. She shit talked her clientele. So the concept of RFY becomes more shallow (build a brand using fashion centric location) which doesn't fit her motivation for designing clothing (to get her art out and improve the self-image of ponies). 

Yeah I'm normally more generous than others. Watched it twice and my opinion went from okay to ... nope!

I'm torn. I kinda liked the fact that Rarity doesn't like Manehattanites. Because it means she's not stupid. She doesn't completely miss how the social circles in Equestria work. I could see her wanting to help them improve their self image by giving them good clothing and working with them, hoping she can encourage them to be better people, but I like that she's aware that a LOT of them are jerks.

• Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Additionally, it's really out of character for Rarity to bash customers, even when their attitude is terrible. She doesn't have to like them, but stereotyping them — when her employees also live in Manehattan — sinks below her maturation level.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, gingerninja666 said:

I'm torn. I kinda liked the fact that Rarity doesn't like Manehattanites. Because it means she's not stupid. She doesn't completely miss how the social circles in Equestria work. I could see her wanting to help them improve their self image by giving them good clothing and working with them, hoping she can encourage them to be better people, but I like that she's aware that a LOT of them are jerks.

And that is a good point. Would have probably been nice to subtly include that in the script somehow, possibly at the beginning as Rarity is 'training' FS. Saying that they are 'hard to please' would be better in line with her character perhaps?

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, gingerninja666 said:

the customers weren't sh**y. If a sales associate came to me and didn't seem to know what they were doing- I would say something. If you work someplace, don't come at customers asking them how you should do your job, bro.

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

This is one positive element about this episode that I enjoyed. Some of the gags like Rarity giving the customer a glare, and little touches like that were fine too. 

EDIT: the problem is that I can find good moments in bad episodes. Watched it again with the kids, and ... it just simply felt off in a few ways. It isn't that good of an episode. Honestly, the concept for this episode is fine, it just needed another character. Maybe RD or even make it a CMC episode with Sweetie Belle in the central role. RD would be better for the natural brashness at times. I would say AJ but we have already been down that road recently. .

From what I've been seeing, this episode didn't fare very well in the eyes of most yet there are those who are defending it and feel it's underrated. I've no problems with people liking the episode--provided they don't try to force others to like it--but it didn't provide much entertainment for me apart from Andrea's vocal talents. 

• Brohoof 1

Not a perfect episode by any stretch but Fluttershy playing all those characters is entertaining, and I was laughing so hard when she first created her goth persona.  I wish she didn't go so out of character, but I think the entertaining parts outweigh that.  

14 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

the customers weren't sh**y. If a sales associate came to me and didn't seem to know what they were doing- I would say something. If you work someplace, don't come at customers asking them how you should do your job, bro.

I think it's a combination of both.  I used to work retail, and I almost never had customers asking for such obscure things that only an absolute savant would know how to help them.  Granted, I tend to know more than the vast majority of sales associates when it comes to videogames, but I deal with that by not bothering to ask associates for help, maybe occasionally helping other customers, and often just opting to shop online.  Also in all fairness it's doubtful even Fluttershy would know how to work a boutique like that.  She was pretty much thrown right into the deep end.  

It was a great episode, my favourite this season so far, much better than the last three. It's also the first Fluttershy episode I've liked in a long time, the last bout of episodes involving her made her drop from my favourite of the mane six to my second favourite under Rarity. This has boosted her up a little more, not back to first though. There were good jokes, great characters and Fluttershy's three personalities and the way they were terminated one by one at the end were all great.  There were a few cringey moments but overall I loved it!

(edited)

*Watching Fake it Til You Make It episode...*

What a very long prologue.

Angel acts like a dick? Great! At least he didn't kick that bowl away like he did in Putting Your Hoof Down or Mr.Enter's blood will be boiling up to 100 degree.

You always have your bossy inside you, you don't have to fake it, darling, just release it.

Wait, Flutterbitch is back?! :blink: 

So....... What I get from this episode: You live in the city for too long, YOU WILL BECOME A CITY PEOPLE, especially you are a salesperson, if you want to survive, you have to be a bitch. That's what it takes to be a salesman, THERE IS NO NICE SALESMAN! :angry: I'm glad Fluttershy still act like THAT in the end, I expected some bullshit conclusions, but I am glad there are none. Fluttershy just enjoy her new personality too much, at least she didn't act nasty to her friends like Putting Your Hoof Down, they didn't cross the line so Mr.Enter's sanity still be safe from now.  ;)

*Finished*

A very uneventful episode, it's just a very repetitive montage of FlutterBoss. Better than what I expected, at least it is not Fluttershy Leans In :squee:, I have some fun with this episode. Not the best Josh Hamilton episode ever, just a middle of the road one, but it is not a Triple Threat or Honest Apple:dry:, so It's a plus, I wished the humors would be funnier.:wat:

7/10, not bad.:catface:

Random afterthought:

The mane 5 is kinda useless in this ep.

Wait, they didn't shove any extreme optimistic morals to this 'real' episode???

As a Salesman, be a dick to someone else but not to your friends and family. OMGGGGGGGG! IT's Great! :ph34r:

Edited by Lambdadelta

13 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

After today's episode, and with how lackluster the season has been so far, I'm pretty close to just dropping the show.                                          

From what I hear, some of the upcoming episodes are decent, but hey ... if something doesn't entertain you anymore there's no shame in walking away. 

• Brohoof 1

hated this episode. Lemme get this straight. Everypony is too busy to help Rarity, but NOT too busy to run to the shop when a bunch of raccoons ask them to help? And why didn't the raccoons just go to rarity, rather than to the mane 6 first, who just got Rarity, themselves? Manehattan is a lot closer to Canterlot than it is to Ponyville. Why go all that way and waste time? But- oh, padding. =_= 
Fluttershy doesn't know basic poses, yet she was a model? Um, what? 
Also, insulting the customers- why? The point was to sell outfits to them, not to insult their fashion choices.It doesn't make sense

• Brohoof 1

Just now, heavens-champion said:

I don't know why, but I didn't get many laughs from this episode.

Outside of some reaction shots (and maybe Rarity firing several Fluttershys) the humor was usually followed by, or came after, a bad moment. That usually dampens the comedy even when it would work elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

hated this episode. Lemme get this straight. Everypony is too busy to help Rarity, but NOT too busy to run to the shop when a bunch of raccoons ask them to help? And why didn't the raccoons just go to rarity, rather than to the mane 6 first, who just got Rarity, themselves? Manehattan is a lot closer to Canterlot than it is to Ponyville. Why go all that way and waste time? But- oh, padding. =_= 
Fluttershy doesn't know basic poses, yet she was a model? Um, what? 
Also, insulting the customers- why? The point was to sell outfits to them, not to insult their fashion choices.It doesn't make sense

They went to Shy because they heard that there was something wrong with her. She was acting extremely out of character. So they went to see her out of concern for her wellbeing. It wasn't a favour, they thought something was wrong.

1 minute ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

And why didn't the raccoons just go to rarity, rather than to the mane 6 first, who just got Rarity, themselves?

Holy crap! That's a great question. That's probably why I felt the other characters felt shoehorned at the end. It was bothering me because I couldn't see the need for them to be there. 

Just now, gingerninja666 said:

They went to Shy because they heard that there was something wrong with her. She was acting extremely out of character. So they went to see her out of concern for her wellbeing. It wasn't a favour, they thought something was wrong.

He is saying that the racoons should have just went straight to Rarity. 

5 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Holy crap! That's a great question. That's probably why I felt the other characters felt shoehorned at the end. It was bothering me because I couldn't see the need for them to be there. 

He is saying that the racoons should have just went straight to Rarity. 

Yes, and that part is right, but if the cast thought that Fluttershy had suddenly become bad, they'd go to her. That part wasn't out of character.

The only reason I can think of is that they didn't want to interrupt Rarity.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, gingerninja666 said:

Yes, and that part is right, but if the cast thought that Fluttershy had suddenly become bad, they'd go to her. That part wasn't out of character.

The only reason I can think of is that they didn't want to interrupt Rarity.

it makes more sense for the Racoons to have gone to rarity, since as I said, Manehattan is closer to Canterlot than Ponyville is. And the 'coons know Rarity better than they do the other ponies- plus, it's HER shop they work in. By every direction of logic, the Racoons should've gone to Rarity.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

it makes more sense for the Racoons to have gone to rarity, since as I said, Manehattan is closer to Canterlot than Ponyville is. And the 'coons know Rarity better than they do the other ponies- plus, it's HER shop they work in. By every direction of logic, the Racoons should've gone to Rarity.

As I said, the only reason I can think of is that they didn't want to drag Rarity away from what she was doing unless they absolutely had to. If they could fix Shy and still allow Rarity to do her show then everypony wins.

Edited by gingerninja666
  • Brohoof 1