What did you think of the episode?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• This was pure NEGATIVE couture! THE NERVE!!!
    • I am disappointed; Rarity For You is NOT for me!
    • Eh; it's meh.
    • Okay, I think we got something here!
    • OMG LIKE BEST DESIGN EVUH!!!!

As I've said before, this really is an OK episode, but I think there were two small moments that especially ruined the episode.

One is Rarity saying "I'd never trust some horrible Saddle Row Pony to look after my shop" or something.

Did Rarity seriously just insult her clientele? Like I get that some ponies are jerks, and no one's perfect, but that was just mean, Rarity. Not to mention painting people with a broad brush.

The other is shortly after that, with Fluttershy's little tirade against that one pony who just makes an off-handed remark about Rarity and the contest.

Have you considered the possibility that the Royal Fashion Show is trying to undercut Rarity's by continuing on in Canterlot and not moving the whole affair here?! Hmm?! Have you?! Hmmm?!

That...really didn't make any sense.

Edited by PacificGreen

Badges

That was to showcase how she changed, IMHO.

2 hours ago, PacificGreen said:

Did Rarity seriously just insult her clientele? Like I get that some ponies are jerks, and no one's perfect, but that was just mean, Rarity. Not to mention painting people with a broad brush.

To Rarity's defense, wasn't she the pony who wanted to unify every dress?

Personally, I was really confused by this episode. It pulled in elements of "Green Isn't Your Color", "Putting Your Hoof Down", and several other episodes where the main character is asked to do something they know nothing about. And it felt incredibly schizophrenic as a result. I came away not at all sure what they were trying to accomplish.

There have been a few episodes throughout the series that I think were actively bad, and thus worse than this one. But it definitely was not one of my favorites.

This episode was hilarious! I loved the new Fluttershys until they became rude. It was sad that she got caught up too much with the roleplaying and messed herself up. I think it might have been cool if roleplaying became something she does from time to time, but looks like that won't happen seeing how wrong everything went in the end.:kindness:

Badges

On 11/4/2018 at 11:21 PM, Larrydog said:

The episode didn't make much of an impression on me however I did really like gothic fluttershy lol

I was not much impressed too.

I initially didn't like it - you could see the inevitable ending coming downstream like a train wreck (although not as badly as in, say, ELTSD) and you would have thought Flutters would have known better after hoof down.

After a little rewatching, I have come to appreciate Flutters' stress, the unreasonable load Rarity had put her under, and that, while her method acting got out of hand, she DID do well with the ponysonas she and the raccoons came up with.

Where I still find it jarring is at the end, where as her "inner strength" ponysona, she is in the face of some random society pony; that doesn't really fit Flutters, and she is no longer trying to find ways to cope with the responsibility, so I don't see that as being in character.

I'm binging season 8, and I gotta say this episode was very entertaining. Fluttershy's multiple personalities were spot on, and they really show how much easier it is to be assertive when you hide behind a separate personality.

Hipstershy gets a 10/10 for me, and bumps this episode really high for me for season 8.