Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Grannies Gone Wild  

111 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• Dash: "The roller coaster's more boring than the school under EEA guidelines!" ("I HATE IT!" >__<)
    • Granny Smith: *looses teeth from the roller coaster and needs to get new ones* ("I dislike it.")
    • Granny: "I'd rather go to the Old Gentlemen's Club." *Goldie Delicious's cats agree* ("…meh…")
    • Granny Smith: *keeps her teeth from the roller coaster and gets a golden smile as a reward* ("I like it.")
    • Dash: "This coaster's so amazing!" ("I LOVE IT!" <3)

Note #1: This is one of the episodes leaked a few weeks ago (audio only). If you listened to the episode already, keep all discussion under the spoiler tag until after it finishes officially airing. (Hit the eye icon to trigger it and type within it.) DO NOT LINK OR POST THE LEAKED MATERIAL!

Note #2: Over the last month-plus, some content originally leaked (e.g., the Student Six's names, episode titles, some summaries) have been officially revealed, and chances are more will, too. But as always, please keep all leaked content not officially revealed yet — and/or if you're unsure if you're revealing too much — under the "spoiler" tag.

Title: Grannies Gone Wild

Air Date (U.S./Disc. Family): April 14 at 11:30am

Writer(s): G. M. Berrow

Summary: "Granny Smith and her friends head to Las Pegasus. Rainbow Dash tags along as a chaperone so she can ride the best rollercoaster ever before it closes."

DM:

• Brohoof 3

• The title was changed to S08:E05 - Grannies Gone Wild

I can't believe that I forgot that Twilight Velvet (Twilight and Shining Armor's mom) is a grandmother.  Hopefully that means that she is part of Granny Smith's  group of friends, because  given how much a daredevil she was portrayed as in the Zeppelin episode, I could definitely see her joining an extreme grannies group.

Plus seeing her interact with Rainbow Dash is something that I would really like to see.

On 3/10/2018 at 6:31 PM, cmarston1 said:

I can't believe that I forgot that Twilight Velvet (Twilight and Shining Armor's mom) is a grandmother.  Hopefully that means that she is part of Granny Smith's  group of friends, because  given how much a daredevil she was portrayed as in the Zeppelin episode, I could definitely see her joining an extreme grannies group.

Plus seeing her interact with Rainbow Dash is something that I would really like to see.

I've been wondering if it is going to be actual Grandmothers or if "Grannies" is just a blanket term for old ladies and it's just going to be those she's already acquainted with, like Apple Rose, Auntie Applesauce, and Goldie Delicious. I personally would like to see them interact again as well since they didn't make much of an impression in "Apple Family Reunion"

Edit Update two weeks later:

Spoiler

Yes, I called it!B)

Edited by KH7672
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

Fluttershy has gone to Las Pegasus once. But now, Rainbow Dash is going there!

More likely though, this will be a Granny Smith-only episode.

Lesson will likely surround Rainbow Dash learning not to underestimate older ponies somehow. 

On 3/10/2018 at 3:31 PM, cmarston1 said:

Sorry but she isn't, they never met, live in different towns. It's my understanding that it's going to be just Rainbow Dash grannysitting elderly mares.

This episode will be written by GM Berrow.

And any hype I had for this episode is gone. 

Here's an animatic: 

Spoiler

After watching the animatic, I can pretty much guess how the episode is going to go. 

• Brohoof 1

On 4/11/2018 at 12:50 PM, VG_Addict said:

After watching the animatic, I can pretty much guess how the episode is going to go.

I hope you're wrong, but I have a feeling you're right.

Spoiler

Rainbow getting saddled with being a reluctant chaperone with deadline in play seems like a very easy to predict story. She'll lose track of them and miss going on her coaster. Then she'll see the light in the end and learn something from the grannies like AJ states in the animatic.

But maybe the episode will surprise me?

I'm beginning to feel like the leaked episodes can't get here soon enough. :)

Edited by Truffles

On 4/10/2018 at 12:02 PM, heavens-champion said:

Rainbow Dash is in for a massive headache. I know it.

I'm afraid that if she were to learn a lesson, it's that if she REALLY wants to experience speed, then she can just do a Sonic Rainboom, since she IS a Wonderbolt, and as a Wonderbolt, she is duty-bound to take responsibility for the safety of her peers, and that means she must NEVER ride the roller coaster! Personally, she's better off doing a DOUBLE RAINBOOM, and warping to another dimension, like The City of Townsville! After all, she is a Wonderbolt, and tied with Sonic the Hedgehog for the title of "Fastest Thing Alive!" Seriously, dude! GOTTA GO FAST!

Edited by YoshiAngemon

Good morning everypony!  Sorry I missed chatting with ya'll for last week's episode, but I promise I had VERY good reason to miss it given that I was serving as a groomsman for my sister's wedding. :muffins:  Anyways, glad to be back, and can't wait for this morning's episode.  Sounds like it should be quite fun, though hopefully it's better written than last week's very confusing and, if I'm being honest, chockful-of-misfires episode was.  Having Granny Smith as one of the main characters, much less alongside Rainbow Dash, is a very unique premise though and I'm optimistic that this should be some good fun indeed! :D

Alright, I find it more believable that Applejack was just trying to buck with RD, because if she really thought that RD is responsible enough to handle this chaperone gig, she is giving RD WAYYYYYYYYYYY too much credit. ^_^ Still, it is gratifying to see once again that, as usual, AJ is the most mature member of the Mane 6. :bedeyes:

• This topic was featured and pinned

A pretty entertaining episode thus far; the grannies are hilarious at this point. XD

15 minutes ago, Batbrony said:

Having Granny Smith as one of the main characters, much less alongside Rainbow Dash, is a very unique premise though and I'm optimistic that this should be some good fun indeed! :D

You know? I've been playing a little game where with each episode, I try to narrow down who the spotlight is on to no more than 2 names. For example, The map episodes are easy to do, because it usually sends 2 characters to solve a friendship problem. Others like S7's "A Royal Problem" were tricky to narrow down due to being focused on 3 characters: Starlight, Celestia, and Luna. I found a way to avoid breaking the Challenge rule by referring to Celestia and Luna as "Royal Sisters" while Starlight gets her own slot.

With all that said, I'm wondering how a Rainbow Dash and Granny Smith spotlight episode would play out.

I like the premise of this episode, hopefully it works out well. If nothing else I'm hoping for some fun reactions from Rainbow Dash.

Edited by JH24

Is... is one of those magicians Trixie's dad?  Like, they had the EXACT same color scheme, coat and mane!  Makes ya wonder if he might show up in another episode later this season.  I highly doubt they'd introduce him just as a one-off character if he practices the exact same career as his daughter.  The fact that he's a very successful magician makes the idea of seeing him later this season even more interesting.  Maybe Trixie has some hidden insecurities about being in her father's shadow and not living up to his rep?  Ooooooooooo, the possibilities are endless! :D

• Brohoof 7