Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Horse Play  

106 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• Twilight: *screams* "I can't take it anymore! It was supposed to be a simple play! Just one simple play! And then everything goes wrong, from the stage to the props, right down to the WORST LEAD ACTRESS IN EQUESTRIAAAA!!" (I HATE IT! >__<)
    • Twilight *strains smile*: "YyyyyyEEEEAAAH!!" Spike *to On Stage*: "Now THAT'S the best acting we've seen all day." (I dislike it!)
    • Audience oohs and ahhs as the sun is raised during the play; Luna, on the other hand, grumbles. (…meh…)
    • On Stage: "My goodness! I had no idea this production would have such elaborate special effects!" (I like it!)
    • Celestia prances around the renovated Throne Room like a little filly. (I LOVE IT! <3)

Note #1: This is one of the episodes leaked a few weeks ago. If you watched the episode already, keep all discussion under the spoiler tag until after it finishes officially airing. (Hit the eye icon to trigger it and type within it.) DO NOT LINK OR POST THE LEAKED MATERIAL!

Note #2: Over the last month-plus, some content originally leaked (e.g., the Student Six's names, episode titles, some summaries) have been officially revealed, and chances are more will, too. But as always, please keep all leaked content not officially revealed yet — and/or if you're unsure if you're revealing too much — under the "spoiler" tag.

Title: Horse Play

Air Date (U.S./Disc. Family): April 28 at 11:30am

Writer: Kaita Mpambara

Summary: "Twilight Sparkle casts Princess Celestia in her play, only to discover Celestia's talents lie elsewhere."

SendVid: https://sendvid.com/udvnjula

Official episode will be linked after it airs. 

CMC Clubhouse on Equestria.tv!

• Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to S08:E07 - Horse Play

*sigh* I am all for another Celestia episode, giving her some more development is great and I am sure this will be a great episode overall, but Celestia needs an "epic" episode like Luna had in Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep.

I just watched the prologue of this episode and I fucking love it already but......... I hope the rest of it will not suck :D Still have to wait for the official release. All I have to do is replay the first 1 minute of this ep, it's just too lovely.:fluttershy:

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:01 AM, Ryanmahaffe said:

*sigh* I am all for another Celestia episode, giving her some more development is great and I am sure this will be a great episode overall, but Celestia needs an "epic" episode like Luna had in Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep.

Slice of life is this show's specialty.:D

• Brohoof 2

Hoo boy, this episode...

Spoiler

Twilight once again gets smacked with the Idiot Stick and grabs the Idiot Ball for a resounding slam dunk

On the bright side, we get a ballpark for Celestia's age in that it's been 1,111 years since she first raised the sun, which shatters about a million headcanons about her age and wraps the timeline into some unrecognizable mess

It's a typical princess episode, at least

• 2 weeks later...

When this episode is going to air, this going to be one of the best episodes of the season, I still think some people are going to be disappointed with Twilight.

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

So how is Celestia a bad actress?

Doesn't she secretly loathe galas and parties and have to smile through it all?

I mean she did invite Twilight and the others and Discord just to make a mess of things on two separate occasions.

Edited by MystMane

On 4/23/2018 at 6:17 AM, MystMane said:

So how is Celestia a bad actress?

Doesn't she secretly loathe galas and parties and have to smile through it all?

I mean she did invite Twilight and the others and Discord just to make a mess of things on two separate occasions.

My guess is that she ACTS interested in a party, but on the inside, she is bored to tears, so she invited Twilight, and Discord, to mix it up, make it look interesting. Also to make it worse for Prince Blueblood and the EEA, who likes BORING By-the-book parties.

50 minutes ago, YoshiAngemon said:

My guess is that she ACTS interested in a party, but on the inside, she is bored to tears, so she invited Twilight, and Discord, to mix it up, make it look interesting. Also to make it worse for Prince Blueblood and the EEA, who likes BORING By-the-book parties.

Which makes one wonder why Twilight was so upset about Discord messing up the gala if she hated the gala the first time she came.

• Brohoof 1

OK, this premise sounds like it could lead to a positively hilarious episode.  The idea of Princess Celestia performing badly in a play just tickles me silly in all kinds of ways, so here's hoping we get a fun episode with a solid lesson while we're at it. :muffins:

• Brohoof 3

Hooray for more Celestia episodes!

Ten seconds in, and I already love this episode. I need a ten-hour loop of prancing Celestia in my life now.

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 4

Her Once-aversery? Celestia’s been doing the Sun raising job for 1,111 years. And a thousand of them she had to do without Luna to raise the moon.

Plus a Regal Pony Prancing around like a filly is humorously silly!!

• Brohoof 3

When I hear Twilight wrote a play...

tenor.gif

When Celestia prances around...

4feed5501c3c531b8f36407ecc5e8309c05a35d2d041eadcdf85dbf539b95791.jpg

When Twilight casts Celestia in her play...

tenor.gif

• Brohoof 4

Pinkie has a giant Party Cannon named Big Bertha?

And Rainbow Dash did a Sonic Rainboom we've haven't seen in a while!

Edited by SwitchGuy2018
  • Brohoof 1

OMG WE FINALLY GOT TO HEAR CELESTIA'S ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE!!! :yay:

Also, is it just me or is Spike cosplaying as Zack Snyder?

1200px-Zack_Snyder_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg

At this point, I'm pretty sure Spike is just going along with this because he wants to see how badly this all blows up in Twilight's face for his own amusement.  I'm also kinda hoping AJ gets a BRUTALLY honest moment with Celestia. ^_^  Overall, this episode so far is as funny as I'd hoped it'd be.

• Brohoof 3

In the defictionialized version of the “Journal of the Two Sisters” by Amy Keating Rogers from 2014, they actually mentioned the downside to the Unicorns moving the Sun and Moon. In a young, Pre-Cutie Mark Celestia’s words, “As Luna and I had seen, six Unicorns are required for the task of raising the lowering the sun and moon every day and night. Star Swirl was always one of the six for both the rising and the setting. But it takes a powerful amount of magic, and what nopony told us was that the Unicorns who volunteer for the job can only withstand the task for a short period of time before their magic is completely depleted..forever. (p.106)”

This particular piece of information wasn’t brought up in the Season 2’s episode “Heartwarming Eve” as it was more focused on the founding of Equestria than anything else. Still, it’s nice to see a tidbit of expanded universe info made canon. Corspe

Also, please no corpsing as the unicorn sororcers please, Gallus and Sliverstream.

Edited by SwitchGuy2018
  • Brohoof 5