Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So.... let’s talk about season 9 and beyond...

Rhapsody

So I assume a lot of you, or at least some of you have heard about season 9 and then the reboot of MLP coming after that. Does anypony else feel like they shouldn’t reboot the series? Personally, I would love to see a spin-off series about Celestia and Luna when they were young. Thoughts?

@Rhapsody

Considering the asset that was shared was leaked I went ahead and removed it. Please keep in mind that leaked assets will not be allowed here. No exceptions.

That said you are free to discuss season 9 and the G5 reboot; but please use spoilers when discussing any info that was leaked.

Thanks. :)

i actually support it. Rebooting mlp isnt something new. People can have opinions and, they have the right to hate it if they wish but, i only hope that that there wont be any rabid G4 fans that are constantly whining about it.

Teen titans go rabid haters is a great example of what i dont want to happen.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 3/1/2018 at 4:34 PM, Mystic Brush said:

Except that TTG gets so much hate because it's widely seen as doubly inferior -- i.e., both as a successor and by itself.

Had it not been such a fail, most of its haters would probably be more like, "I miss the original, but this is still decent."

Edited by A.V.

Season 7 wrapped up one of the greatest mysteries of the show, and we have a whole season coming with themes of "beyond Equestria' and expanding friendship, season 9 will likely be very dark with the mane 6 being in the worst situation of their lives, we will learn secrets of the series, mysteries of the alicorns, discord, and...
Lol nah it will probably be 22 SoL episodes with two 2 episode arcs.

I'm gonna say this about the Grand Finale of My Little Pony.  I want this special to be the biggest hi-stakes moment of the franchise.  Maybe returning nearly every character since the first Season into a extremely epic, direct-to-tv film.  In fact, to make sure it doesn't rip off Avengers: Infinity War, it should be about every character working together to save Equestria from a great supernatural disaster.

• Brohoof 1

That would be awesome! But unfortunately I just don’t see it happening. It was proven to all of us through the MLP movie that the writing staff have a hard time writing hi-stakes scenarios with strong dramatic endings. But I suppose we could all be in for a good surprise. My biggest concern for the new generation is: will they throw out all of the previously set up lore and history of Equestria and come up with something completely different?

I agree with @Califorum. Start of again, with new characters and new places. If you want to continue g4, do not make a spin-off, but rather a time jump into the future, featering Flurry Heart as the mane character. :icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Hierok, Scoffer of Music said:

I agree with @Califorum. Start of again, with new characters and new places. If you want to continue g4, do not make a spin-off, but rather a time jump into the future, featering Flurry Heart as the mane character. :icwudt:

I wouldn't mind Flurry heart as a mane character, but I do not want to see the same old characters be the focus, a new show is meant to be new, not just a rehash of old. 

• Brohoof 1

58 minutes ago, Califorum said:

I wouldn't mind Flurry heart as a mane character, but I do not want to see the same old characters be the focus, a new show is meant to be new, not just a rehash of old. 

Indeed, but I would like to see cameo's. Maybe their children husbands and such. :twi:

14 hours ago, Hierok, Scoffer of Music said:

A sequel show with an older McFlurry would be a spinoff tho :dash:

4 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

A sequel show with an older McFlurry would be a spinoff tho :dash:

That's not really what I ment. Go on with season 10 till for example 15 with a new main character, but a couple of yours later. It's not really a spin-off that way and the events need to be followed in order this way. I'm afraid a spin-off will damage the real show with the time-line and such. :icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

I hear where your coming from... yeah a show about Flurry Heart does sound interesting. But what would the average episode consist of? SoL, or adventure?

• 6 months later...
On 3/1/2018 at 4:34 PM, Mystic Brush said:

i actually support it. Rebooting mlp isnt something new. People can have opinions and, they have the right to hate it if they wish but, i only hope that that there wont be any rabid G4 fans that are constantly whining about it.

Believe it or not, some older gen fans actually give G4 a lot of hate. I've seen it plenty on the old collector sites like http://www.mlparena.com/. There's actually a rule there against 'advertising of competitors' specifically designed to prevent bronies from posting links to Equestria Daily or other brony sites. The only reason it doesn't affect us is there are so few rabid fans of the older gens.

Though I also think that G4 fans like the show for more logical reasons than rabid nostalgia, so hopefully the number that will pull that will be small so long as G5 isn't crap, and from what we know so far it doesn't seem like it's going to be.