Banner by ~ SFyr

Your ideal grand finale of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Let's say Hasbro cast you to write the grand finale of My Little Pony.  It is not an episode, but rather a 2-3 hour film that's ether Direct to TV, DVD/Blu-Ray or Netflix.  What will your finale be about?

My ideal finale? 

A great Supernatural disaster is threatening to wipe out all life on the planet.  To save it, nearly every character of My Little Pony is called upon to save the planet from this great cataclysm.  Characters would include

The Entire Mane 6, plus Spike and Starlight Glimmer

Every Alicorn Princess, plus Prince Shining Armor

Former and Current villains like Discord, Tirek, Tempest Shadow, Iron Will and Chrysalis

The Pillar Six(Rockhoof, Mistmane, Flash Magnus, Sonambula, Mage Meadowbrook and Starswirl the Bearded) and Stygian

The Changeling Kingdom, lead by King Thorax and Prince Pharynx

The Yak Kingdom lead by Prince Rutherford

The Dragon lands lead by Dragon Lord Ember

The Hippogryphs lead by Queen Novo and Princess Skystar

The Gryphons lead by Gilda, Greta and Gabby

The Wonderbolt crew lead by Spitfire, Soarin, Fleetfoot and Misty Fly

The pirates lead by Captain Celaneo and Capper

A number of other familiar ponies like Maud Pie, Trixie, Big Mac, Derpy Hooves, Photo Finish, the Saddle Arabians, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, etc. 

And Especially....Sunset Shimmer, having to return to Equestria to help her former teachers defend the land.

My grand vision:

My Little Pony: Friendship Voyagers

(I actually think of this as more of a Gen 5 show!)

Several years after the close of MLP:FIM, it is revealed that the castle in the Crystal Empire is the STAR-SHIP Celestia and Luna came to Equestria in several thousand years ago. Twilight, as Princess of Friendship is gifted the ship in order to spread the Magic of Friendship throughout the stars.

Captain Twilight and First Officer Starlight refurbish the Friend Ship and ready it for launch. 

With a special environmental suit created and maintained by Rarity, Rainbow will act as advance scout to investigate planets likely to host equestrian life forms.

Fluttershy with her unique abilities to talk to all animals will head the first contact team.  

The Cutie Mark Crusaders will be Junior officers in Fluttershy's contact team. (Scootaloo will also prove to be an ace pilot and navigator.)

Pinkie Pie, of course, will be morale officer to help maintain the crew's spirits on their long mission.

Applejack will head the environment and life support section, making sure the hydroponic farm provides wholesome food for all.

In a surprising moment, it is discovered that Derpy's unique mind can "Sync" with the Ship's control core, making her Chief Engineer.

Maud Pie will head the Exo-Geology team, finding out what gems and minerals can be used as trade good with the new worlds.

Nominally working as Pinkie's assistant in the morale department, Trixie's showmanship will also help Fluttershy's first contact team in finding peaceful ways to co-exist with other space-faring Equestrian species. (Sometimes she'll be working hard to undo semi-disastrous incidents SHE caused!)

Treehugger will stow-away. and become the ship's official conservationist.

Discord will pop in and out doing whatever he wants!

Oh, and Twilight's science augmented magic mirror will still provide a link to the human world!

(Can you tell I've actually given this a lot of thought?)

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1
  • Sad 1

* The Great Battle of Equestria featuring a huge threat vs. Equestria and it's allies!

* The Mane Six, Spike, and Starlight ALL having an important piece of the puzzle that stops the big bad guy! Do not leave a single Mane Six member, Spike, or Starlight out of the loop!

* Almost every supporting character appears at the very ending scene!

My hopes for the ideal final, which will be the series final:

• Sombra returns at the last premiere and is defeated. His defeat is watched throught two evil eyes from a distance. When zoomed in on the eyes we will be dragged into the dungeons of a dark castle and we hear Grogar explain the plan to Sombra followed by an evil laugh. 
  • Through the season little details of his appearance begin to show themself, with Chrysalis becoming his servant, being twisted and corrupted. She and Sombra are the new admirals and both exist out of shadows. Also Sunset returns because the dazzlings, who also work for him, and put a spell so Sunset had to leave in order for her friends to stay safe.
  • Episode 1: In the final Grogar Challenged Celestia and Luna. He defeats them both and captures them. He also goes after the mane 6, Spike, Starlight, Sunset and Trixie, which flee to the Crystal Empire, only to discover Sombra had challenged Cadence and Shining Armor and took over. Shining and Flurry were captured, but Cadence had escaped. Chrysalis has conquered the changeling hive and convinced the dragons to help defeat the ponies, with Ember captured and Garble as the new dragonlord. Thorax, the mane 6 and Cadence, seek help with Discord.
  • Episode 2: They go to his realm and he explains who Grogar is, and that Grogar was defeated by Luna and Celestia and banished for eternity. That was also why he could take over easily, because Celestia and Luna were weak from the fight. They go to Tambalon and try to free the princesses. As they are inside they discover the princesses are turned into Daybreaker en Nightmare Moon. They follow the two outside of the castle and Discord battles them and reforms them back into the princesses.
  • Episode 3: They try to find Grogar. They find Chrysalis first. Cadence, Starlight, Trixie and Sunset stay behind to distract her and the rest goes further. They find Grogar, and he explains that he could escape because the spell was weaker over time. Then Tirek comes into the room. He is being freed by Grogar. They battle Grogar, Sombra and Tirek. Discord fights Tirek, The tree princesses Grogar and the mane 6 Sombra. The three win, except Sombra who is defeated by the elements and the protagonists run away.
  • Episode 4: Twilight becomes desperate. Celestia talks to her and convinced her to stay postive. They part ways to seek help. The princesses go to the hippo.... (I don't know how to write it), the mane 6 go to Canterlot to seek help there, etc. They go with their army, which features dragons, griffons, changelings, hippo.....'s, etc. They battle them again. Now in order to defeat Grogar for ever, Discord, Luna and Celestia sacrifince themself and lock him, and themselfs up in the tree of harmony. Twilight becomes the new ruler of Equestria, with the elements, as important advisers, and Sunset being the new ruler of the sun and Starlight being the new ruler of the moon and both are alicorns. 

This is just what I want to see. ^_^

• Brohoof 2

Since this is about friendship, a time skip where they are older and are having a meet up to reminisce about events in the past. A quick way to fill it what they've been doing in with their lives.

• Brohoof 2

Badges

Twirighto (with her friends standing before the Lord of Tambelon in his throne room): Owari da, Glogalu!

Glogalu (smugly faking surprise): Naniiiiii?!

His shadow begins to writhe and grow.

Twirighto (surprised): M-masaka?!

Glogalu's shadow bursts forth behind him, growing into a towering form as tall as the tallest skyscraper in Manehattan.

Everypony: BAKANA!

Glogalu (Menacing): Muda, muda, Oujo-chan. Omae wa mou SHINDEIRU!

... But they win cause friendship. The book closes and we see Earthlight in a public library. "Friendship magic? What a load of hay," she puffs through her nostrils and puts the book back onto the shelf. It then focuses on her purple butt dragging a small cart filled with a large pile of books like "Alchemy for Dummies" and "Art of the Seal" towards the check out desk. "Just wait," she mutters with a determined smile: "I'll show you all real magic."

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

Why do you hate adventure episodes so much?

Adventure episodes can be great fun, but I don't think a grand adventure would be sufficiently personal or effectively represent what makes this show truly special. It seems a lot of people want to turn My Little Pony into The Lord of the Rings, but I have zero interest in that. While I would really enjoy a good spectacle in the final season, I don't personally have any adventure stories I'm dying to see, so if I were in charge of a grand finale I think I'd have a hard time figuring out how to do it right over 2+ hours. I'm not the right person for the job, in other words. 

My earlier response was lazy, though. My favourite idea for closure is six separate stories for each of the mane six followed by a low-key epilogue, and that probably would be seven slice-of-life episodes mashed together over about three hours, but of course that's not really ideal for a feature film. If I had the resources to make a 3-hour film, I'd probably tell some sort of self-contained story centred around a new character, with a total overhaul to the art style.

However, if I needed to tell a story centred around the mane six, one thing which might work could be the a video game-style plot of them solving individual issues among various factions in order to gain their support against some big threat. The only problem is that the ponies probably already have most of their neighbors' support. Maybe the villain could somehow cause the friendship problems for the mane six to solve. Then, when the villain's forces or whatever are being contained by Equestria's friends, the mane six ultimately defeat the villain through talking and empathy. Yeah, that'd be good. 

Still, why would a children's film be over two hours? 

• Brohoof 1

40 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

Adventure episodes can be great fun, but I don't think a grand adventure would be sufficiently personal or effectively represent what makes this show truly special. It seems a lot of people want to turn My Little Pony into The Lord of the Rings, but I have zero interest in that. While I would really enjoy a good spectacle in the final season, I don't personally have any adventure stories I'm dying to see, so if I were in charge of a grand finale I think I'd have a hard time figuring out how to do it right over 2+ hours. I'm not the right person for the job, in other words. 

My earlier response was lazy, though. My favourite idea for closure is six separate stories for each of the mane six followed by a low-key epilogue, and that probably would be seven slice-of-life episodes mashed together over about three hours, but of course that's not really ideal for a feature film. If I had the resources to make a 3-hour film, I'd probably tell some sort of self-contained story centred around a new character, with a total overhaul to the art style.

However, if I needed to tell a story centred around the mane six, one thing which might work could be the a video game-style plot of them solving individual issues among various factions in order to gain their support against some big threat. The only problem is that the ponies probably already have most of their neighbors' support. Maybe the villain could somehow cause the friendship problems for the mane six to solve. Then, when the villain's forces or whatever are being contained by Equestria's friends, the mane six ultimately defeat the villain through talking and empathy. Yeah, that'd be good. 

Lord of the Rings is not really the best place to seek action and adventure. Tolkien made it primarily as a meticulously constructed unified mythological history of Europe. The example you gave goes a long way towards explaining why you are averse to such stories.

Though I cannot speak for others, I'd imagine something like The Last Airbender would be much closer. Go ahead pumpkin pie. Tell me how TLA has no humor and character progression cause of the big ol' mean action adventure.

P.S: And for the love of Kek don't say you'd finish FIM with a story of a completely different character after implying you don't like action adventure cause it wouldn't be able to draw out the best Mane 6 have to offer :P

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

Lord of the Rings is not really the best place to seek action and adventure. Tolkien made it primarily as a meticulously constructed unified mythological history of Europe. The example you gave goes a long way towards explaining why you are averse to such stories.

I think I tend to overstate my distaste for action-adventure in this show, and obviously I'm not very good at understanding what folks like you are actually asking for, but suggestions like some of the others in this thread remind me more of some kind of mythological epic than anything else, which isn't really something that's ever interested me in this show specifically. I've liked it elsewhere - I actually like the Lord of the Rings movies, for instance - and I certainly wouldn't be upset to see it done well here. But since I don't really watch My Little Pony for action or spectacle or deep lore, that's not really what I'd bring up as my "ideal" grand finale. 

19 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

Though I cannot speak for others, I'd imagine something like The Last Airbender would be much closer. Go ahead pumpkin pie. Tell me how TLA has no humor and character progression cause of the big ol' mean action adventure.

I haven't seen that in a really long while, and I don't think I ever watched beyond the first season, so I'll take your word for it. My Little Pony itself has plenty of humour in its action-adventure episodes, and even the film adaptations of The Lord of the Rings have character progression. You're right, I suppose: while I'd prefer a My Little Pony finale to reflect my favourite type of story in this show, it's certainly possible that an adventure story would still be satisfying. 

20 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

P.S: And for the love of Kek don't say you'd finish FIM with a story of a completely different character after implying you don't like action adventure cause it wouldn't be able to draw out the best Mane 6 have to offer :P

Before I came up with the third paragraph, I coupled that suggestion with the idea that I'd just make a standard funny adventure story. What I meant by that was what I might do for an extra-long My Little Pony movie if I weren't concerned with making the perfect finale. 

Simple and easy.

Cut out the first half of Magical Mystery Cure and you have my answer. It's obvious that since season 1 (and I guess till the end of season 3) this was the main focus of the show and ut would have felt wrapped up had this been the actual end of the show. I don't think that she was ready for her ascension at the end of season 3, but I do think it should have been the conclusion of the show. As for with the current storyline, I don't think there would be a way for me to feel satisfied because there is no overaeching plot to the show for it to complete anymore. There will be no big payoff in the end and season 3 would have left the 3 main characters who have well-defined goals (Rarity, Dash, and Twilight) completed or well on their way towards them.

• Brohoof 1

Infinity War, a cosmic level villain comes to kill harmony and love for good, to destroy all that is happy and peaceful, the mane 6 won't be enough to stop him, it will take every major hero to band together to defeat the new threat, from the royal sisters, to the pillars of Equestria, to even Daring Do and Throax, Pharynx, Ember, etc. It would end with Twilight and her friends alone vanquishing the foe and Twilight being crowned the new ruler of Equestria, and her friends being sort of major members of the rulership, like a counsel. But that part is not needed as it would imply something bad happens to the sisters.

On 3/1/2018 at 11:02 PM, cuteycindyhoney said:

My grand vision:

My Little Pony: Friendship Voyagers

(I actually think of this as more of a Gen 5 show!)

Several years after the close of MLP:FIM, it is revealed that the castle in the Crystal Empire is the STAR-SHIP Celestia and Luna came to Equestria in several thousand years ago. Twilight, as Princess of Friendship is gifted the ship in order to spread the Magic of Friendship throughout the stars.

Captain Twilight and First Officer Starlight refurbish the Friend Ship and ready it for launch. 

With a special environmental suit created and maintained by Rarity, Rainbow will act as advance scout to investigate planets likely to host equestrian life forms.

Fluttershy with her unique abilities to talk to all animals will head the first contact team.  

The Cutie Mark Crusaders will be Junior officers in Fluttershy's contact team. (Scootaloo will also prove to be an ace pilot and navigator.)

Pinkie Pie, of course, will be morale officer to help maintain the crew's spirits on their long mission.

Applejack will head the environment and life support section, making sure the hydroponic farm provides wholesome food for all.

In a surprising moment, it is discovered that Derpy's unique mind can "Sync" with the Ship's control core, making her Chief Engineer.

Maud Pie will head the Exo-Geology team, finding out what gems and minerals can be used as trade good with the new worlds.

Nominally working as Pinkie's assistant in the morale department, Trixie's showmanship will also help Fluttershy's first contact team in finding peaceful ways to co-exist with other space-faring Equestrian species. (Sometimes she'll be working hard to undo semi-disastrous incidents SHE caused!)

Treehugger will stow-away. and become the ship's official conservationist.

Discord will pop in and out doing whatever he wants!

Oh, and Twilight's science augmented magic mirror will still provide a link to the human world!

(Can you tell I've actually given this a lot of thought?)

That sounds more like a MLP/Star Trek Crossover to me than a finale to "Friendship is Magic" & we STILL know very little about the origins of Celestia & Luna. There's a LOT of information missing in that regard, such as "Who were their parents?" & "Were they Alicorns during their time as Starswirl's students?" and possibly other questions like "Were they born on Equis?"

On 3/11/2018 at 8:51 PM, AlexanderThrond said:

Agreed. There are times FIM can be adventurous, but most of the time, not, and it's grand finale is on the not adventure list to me. I dunno what I want, but I'm sure a reflective episode of how far the Mane6 come would be fine

55 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Agreed. There are times FIM can be adventurous, but most of the time, not, and it's grand finale is on the not adventure list to me. I dunno what I want, but I'm sure a reflective episode of how far the Mane6 come would be fine

I think I'd like something a little more rambunctious than just sitting around and reflecting, but I would prefer introspection to be the focus. 

My ideal finale for MLP FiM would involve the mane 6 growing up and starting to become a bit more distant from one another.

They would still be close friends, but with Twilight having duties as a princess, Fluttershy wanting to expand her animal sanctuary (possibly traveling to create multiple sanctuaries), Pinkie Pie getting ready to take over Sugarcube Corner, Rarity having to focus much more time on all 3 of her stores, Rainbow Dash having duties as a Wonderbolt, and Applejack trying to make the farm more profitable, their lives would be heading in different directions.

As a result of this, they would no longer be able to spend as much time with each other as they used to, and some of them wouldn't even be in Ponyville for large periods of time.

They would eventually have to accept that, but still look back fondly on the times they spent together, and their could be a moral about how despite different branching paths in lives friends may take, the time they spent together is still valuable and they will always stay friends forever or something along those lines.

• Brohoof 1

I’m thinking that some evil has turned Luna and Celestial into their evil forms, both sisters are destroying everything while they fight each other. The mane 6 will have to use the elements one last time in order to defeat them. Doing so will either kill them or banish them. Twilight looks for a third option to save them both.

After they are defeated, many years pass. Celestial sends a new student to Ponyville to learn about friendship as she once did with Twilight. The student heard all the stories about the mane 6 but doesn’t think he/she needs friends. At the school, she meets the more grown up mane six. There the student learns to make friends like Twilight did.

Edited by Twilight Luna

Badges

On 3/17/2018 at 10:34 AM, cmarston1 said:

My ideal finale for MLP FiM would involve the mane 6 growing up and starting to become a bit more distant from one another.

They would still be close friends, but with Twilight having duties as a princess, Fluttershy wanting to expand her animal sanctuary (possibly traveling to create multiple sanctuaries), Pinkie Pie getting ready to take over Sugarcube Corner, Rarity having to focus much more time on all 3 of her stores, Rainbow Dash having duties as a Wonderbolt, and Applejack trying to make the farm more profitable, their lives would be heading in different directions.

As a result of this, they would no longer be able to spend as much time with each other as they used to, and some of them wouldn't even be in Ponyville for large periods of time.

They would eventually have to accept that, but still look back fondly on the times they spent together, and their could be a moral about how despite different branching paths in lives friends may take, the time they spent together is still valuable and they will always stay friends forever or something along those lines.

I don't know about you guys and gals, but I think this is the perfect way to end MLP: FiM! I would like to add a few extra details,though, just to make it a bit sweeter!

Episode Title: "Friendship is Eternal."

I think it would be neat if there was a time skip near the end of the (most likely) two part finale. Perhaps it could focus on a nervous mare who has only recently moved into Ponyville, who is seeking to learn more about the magic of friendship. She would then run into a certain former-filly from Sweet Apple Acres, who would suggest speaking to the Princess of Friendship herself. It could then transition to a scene where she enters a room, requesting lessons from the aforementioned Princess. It could then pan to an aged-up Mane 6, who all welcome their newest student. *Cue somber credits music!

Basically, I would like to see the series come full-circle in its finale; I'm not sure why, but I love those kinds of endings! :)

• Brohoof 2