Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rare & Underrated Ships Fan Club

KillerKingBakudan

Welcome to the fan club for rare and underrated ships.
If there are two characters you wholeheartedly believe make a good pair, and you feel the need to express why it deserves more love from the fandom, this is the club for you!

Because I'm such a fanboy for this pair, I'm going to kick this off with some VinylDash: 
Two tomboyish mares who've mastered the art of coolness in their own ways. Cool music and cool competitive vibes go hand-in-hand.

vinyldash_by_drpootis66-d7ys75i.thumb.jpg.dcff00023af2bf268d31614e0363cc9a.jpg

Post artwork and other content to show support for your favorite ships that are badly overlooked!

Credibility is the key here. When you first present a rare ship, try to win everyone over so they can at least understand it. Make us see why it truly is underrated, and why it's worth supporting. We don't always have to agree with a ship, but as long as you have sound reasoning behind yours, and you can make your case on why they're actually a good fit for each other- assuming the artwork can't do it alone- we'll know you're not just randomly slapping any two characters together for the hell of it.

Or any two things together for the sake of spamming. Like this:

I love Spike X Icicle! Aren't they just ADORABLE?!

sig-4804977.post-38841-0-23480800-1471710138.png.d9cb09be6549a8f650c19f9d81ba6c64.png

But seriously, keep stuff like this out of the club. This takes all the fun out of the subject.

And of course, the general fan club rules apply here as well.

- Keep all images SFW. You can show something suggestive, but nothing mature.

- Do not hate on another fan club.

- Do NOT hate on each other's ships! Agree to disagree on ships, but never diss them.

- Be respectful towards other members.

- Fan art is encouraged, but all images with the exception of the cover image in this first post must have the proper spoiler tags. Large amounts of unspoilered images on a single page can often cause lag and nobody likes to deal with lag.

Have fun!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

8 hours ago, Sherbert Music-Guard, Scoffer of Shortbread said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Image result for king thorax, spike and Starlight

King Thorax X Starlight Glimmer X Spike X Ember

I normally don't support mixed-species ships, but I actually like Thorax X Ember. The possibilities with changelings are endless!

875df3dccd5a74ccc750db68ef2ecc134b72502b_hq.thumb.jpg.cba6017abda685e41f9c763f481243b7.jpg

Having said that, I also know I'm not the only one who likes this ship. I've seen plenty of people commenting about it when they first started interacting, so I'm not sure that it counts as rare or even underrated. Any other combination with Spike or Starlight probably is though.

Time for some Octarity, my second favorite pony pairing. Rarity and Octavia together are just elegance incarnate.

large.png.03213277952b2270969ba4f29391986b.png

And here's a romance fic for good measure.

Edited by KillerKingBakudan

Time for FlutterHugger, the perfect nature pair. Lovers of all animal life and spirituality would surely have genuine love for each other. Why people haven't learned to accept Tree Hugger and stop hating on her, I'll never know. She deserves a chance with Flutters as much as any other Shy partner this fandom has given her.

FlutterHugger.thumb.jpg.2648e978942f0950b214bd1d46bca72a.jpg

She said she's wanted to be a tree, and this is as good a reason as any!
large.thumb.png.d4d031df9b9f6a8e5dd53cf3d33d2169.png

And lastly, some human FlutterHugger. This really needs to be a thing in the EQG world. It's too adorable.

4243bf19fef3ea99c4aa94564ad50c4d.jpg.c2bb97dc2440f507053c55a65c02ce50.jpg

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

I see Shimarity in plenty of fics, but no pony really talks about them. Out of all the humane 5, Sunset gets paired with Rarity the most. 

Image result for sunset shimmer x rarity

Damn, that's interesting.. I always assumed it was Swi-Twi, but Timber Spruce must have killed it.

Big n Rich - Big Macintosh x Filthy Rich

Spoiler

meanwhile_on_sweet_apple_acres____by_mis
Art by MissesNovember

I imagine this starting out with Filthy Rich charming Mac into giving him discounts. One day, Mac finally gets up the courage to ask him out.
Rich is a bit surprised at the proposal, but realizes that one little date couldn't do any harm. They go on the date, probably to some Ponyville restaurant, which
Rich doesn't mind, cause he's not stuck up like his wife. Mac's attempts to be romantic only end in failure with Rich being injured. After the date, Mac carries Rich home
and expects to be chewed out. Rich, however, being the nice pony he is, sees that Mac tried his hardest and tells him that he needs to work on his charming skills for
the second date, only to give him a goodbye kiss before he heads back home.

I'll admit, I'm a bit rusty on their personalities.
 But both seem like pretty nice stallions and Rich is patient enough to put up with Mac's limited speech. I think they'd get along pretty well.

Now for some FireDo. I can't believe the idea of Rainbow Dash's two biggest heroes hooking up isn't a more popular one. This pair is seriously low on artwork. I know Daring Do wants to keep a low profile, but what's the worst that could happen if Dash introduced her to Spitfire? They have more than enough in common to start a good friendship. And more.

Hugs are always a good start....

spitfiredaring_do_by_xaski21-daquz58.thumb.jpg.b5eaefad6d6d59e2ea6d3a03298e5d20.jpg

..... And saving each other over and over. In Dash's mind, they could take turns playing the damsel in distress, and have smooth love making sessions in between. Lol.

daring-do-rainbow-dash-spitfire-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-mlp-my-little-pony.thumb.jpg.202508af7a60a627733dfbef3d2cfe7d.jpg

(edited)
On 3/17/2018 at 2:22 PM, Panzy, Scoffer of Rings said:

Big n Rich - Big Macintosh x Filthy Rich

Reveal hidden contents

meanwhile_on_sweet_apple_acres____by_mis
Art by MissesNovember

I imagine this starting out with Filthy Rich charming Mac into giving him discounts. One day, Mac finally gets up the courage to ask him out.
Rich is a bit surprised at the proposal, but realizes that one little date couldn't do any harm. They go on the date, probably to some Ponyville restaurant, which
Rich doesn't mind, cause he's not stuck up like his wife. Mac's attempts to be romantic only end in failure with Rich being injured. After the date, Mac carries Rich home
and expects to be chewed out. Rich, however, being the nice pony he is, sees that Mac tried his hardest and tells him that he needs to work on his charming skills for
the second date, only to give him a goodbye kiss before he heads back home.

I'll admit, I'm a bit rusty on their personalities.
 But both seem like pretty nice stallions and Rich is patient enough to put up with Mac's limited speech. I think they'd get along pretty well.

Do you condone infidelity? If no one else does, this ship's clearly not underrated.

Edited by KillerKingBakudan

4 hours ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

Just one question. Do you support infidelity?

In real life I could care less about marriage. So, if people wanna cheat on their wives/husbands, then by all means, go ahead.
In fiction, I support it if I believe the people involved make a better pair then the married couple.

On another note, I forgot to mention that in my scenario, Rich divorced his wife. That's partly why he said yes to the date.

4 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

One that I don't see enough of and would like to see more of is ChryDenza

Image result for queen chrysalis x cadence

The princess showing the foal napping queen that there's a better way. 

I think it's actually called Cadalis. But, yes I support that 100%.

Spoiler

a_queen_and_a_princess_by_waackery-dbl6m
Art by Waackery

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More VinylDash. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it.

And this is the most refreshing thing I've seen of them. Waking up together, like a REAL couple should. If you know what I mean... Lol.

rainbow_wubs_by_legoguy9875-dcbh4dy.thumb.png.272ee88e7a0c874345ff529e3c72577b.png

Yeah, Dash. She liked it.

• 1 month later...

Finally, Zecoluna in art form!

in_the_clouds_by_legoguy9875-dcffhfn.thumb.png.cbfccbce1d90e9dd705c663f04e2b0d0.png

If Luna ever decides to go mare hunting, this is the way to do it. Paying them a nice, romantic visit in their dreams.

I've always wanted Zecora to meet the princesses. But of the royal sisters, Luna would be the ideal love interest. Two of the most wise, yet very misunderstood horses. They have a lot to gain from this ship. Plus, I love how their coat colors compliment each other. Like dark soda blending with Oreo-flavored ice cream to create the perfect float.