Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Requesting Art of Zebra character

GoltMercer

(edited)

Hello there!

I'm fairly new to this forum, and this site in general, so I apologize if this is badly worded or seems confusing. 

For a while now, I've had a zebra OC that I've wanted to get art of, but due to issues in real life I don't have the money to commission. As of right now, I don't have any references of her, so I'll put a brief description here and, if any artists are interested in drawing her, I'd be forever grateful. 

Her name is Ayize. She's a zebra that typically exists in the Fallout: Equestria universe. 

Physical Description: Her coat and stripes are of the standard grey and darker grey/black that is natural for zebras, and her mane is styled upright in a tall mohawk. At the back of her neck a braid of hair hangs down, containing the rest of her mane that isn’t in her mohawk. Her eyes are a bright, steely blue, and she has a scar running from the bottom right of her left eye to the top left. Her most noticeable feature is her right foreleg, which is entirely mechanical from the chest down. The mechanical limb looks about the same in terms of dimensions as the rest of her hooves, but is very visibly metal and not as efficient. While it is not visible, her bones are reinforced with metal, making her far stronger and more durable. Typically she might wear a combat vest or a dark armoured coat to cover her body, but she also simply wears nothing much of the time, as most ponies do. 

Personality: Ayize is far from sane. Her mind is mostly intact, but trauma in her younger years and her growing obsession with cybernetics and body augmentation has her demented and twisted. If you choose to associate with her, it’s likely that at some point she will attempt to cut some part of you off and ‘improve’ you. She believes that a pony or zebra is never truly complete until part of their natural body has been upgraded. Even so, she's highly intelligent, and most of the time doesn't appear insane. 

This is the basic jist of what she's like. If any artists want to take a crack at drawing her, I'd honestly be super grateful, but obviously there's no obligation. If you have any questions as well, feel free to ask me! I realize this is a long shot since I don't have a reference of her to begin with, so even if you just take a look at the post I'll be happy. Thank you for taking the time to read this and possibly consider it, and I hope you all have a good day.

Edit: The pose and other details like that are completely up to you, if you want to try to draw her.

Edited by VoltWrecker

(edited)

I'm sure there's people out there that can draw this much better than I, but I decided to give it a try anyway! I hope you like her :rarity:

Edit: ALSO let me know if you'd like her to have a cutie mark. I can go back in and add it in! 

5aa083d232a40_ZebraOc.jpg.da5c1a7edb2108c1739af79440206d65.jpg

Edited by SummerHaven

1 hour ago, SummerHaven said:

I'm sure there's people out there that can draw this much better than I, but I decided to give it a try anyway! I hope you like her :rarity:

Edit: ALSO let me know if you'd like her to have a cutie mark. I can go back in and add it in! 

5aa083d232a40_ZebraOc.jpg.da5c1a7edb2108c1739af79440206d65.jpg

Oh wow, that's really good actually, she looks pretty nice! 

One comment would be that the metal limb looks a bit non-workable, it's more like a proper pony hoof normally - but that's kinda my bad, I wasn't clear. This is really nice though, thank you!

15 minutes ago, VoltWrecker said:

Oh wow, that's really good actually, she looks pretty nice! 

One comment would be that the metal limb looks a bit non-workable, it's more like a proper pony hoof normally - but that's kinda my bad, I wasn't clear. This is really nice though, thank you!

Yea I've never drawn a mechanical limb before so it was just an attempt at it...

2 hours ago, Sulfur said:

I may give this a go.

Oh that would be great! I've seen a bit of your art, it looks amazing, so it'd be super cool if you wanted to try this!

2 hours ago, VoltWrecker said:

Oh that would be great! I've seen a bit of your art, it looks amazing, so it'd be super cool if you wanted to try this!

Here you go hope you like her. This is just a sketch i may do a full render of her so tell me if you want any changes.

zebs_by_sulfur_tfp-dc5adk3.png

(edited)
21 hours ago, Sulfur said:

Here you go hope you like her. This is just a sketch i may do a full render of her so tell me if you want any changes.

zebs_by_sulfur_tfp-dc5adk3.png

Oooh wow. That's...REALLY nice actually, holy heck. I love the style! One comment might be the braid is a little long, I imagine it just being a sort of catch for excess hair that she doesn't care to cut yet, but otherwise gosh, it looks really good!

Edit: Also, those claws coming out of her hoof are a little bit odd, she doesn't have those as far as I've developed her so far. Even so...they look kinda cool, so I leave it up to you if you want to keep them in. It's just meant to be a replacement hoof, not exactly able to do much more. 

Edited by VoltWrecker

On 3/8/2018 at 8:26 PM, VoltWrecker said:

Oooh wow. That's...REALLY nice actually, holy heck. I love the style! One comment might be the braid is a little long, I imagine it just being a sort of catch for excess hair that she doesn't care to cut yet, but otherwise gosh, it looks really good!

Edit: Also, those claws coming out of her hoof are a little bit odd, she doesn't have those as far as I've developed her so far. Even so...they look kinda cool, so I leave it up to you if you want to keep them in. It's just meant to be a replacement hoof, not exactly able to do much more. 

Awesome ill shorten the braid and if you want i can take the claws out that was just me messin around. 

2 hours ago, Sulfur said:

Awesome ill shorten the braid and if you want i can take the claws out that was just me messin around. 

Now that I think about it, I kind of like the way the claws look. Feel free to leave them in if you like :P