Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Sonic or Rainbow Dash Faster?

Dashy 4 Ever

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

rainbow-dash

How did you find MLP Forums?

AWESOME!

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

I started to watch the episodes on Saturdays when I was 5.

Is Sonic or Rainbow Dash faster?

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

People have done the math and Sonic's top speed is unknown, but hes clocked in an average of 765 miles per hour. where as rainbow dash finally showed her top speed in season 7 where she moved so fast time seemed to stand still to get rid of one of pinkies pies, and clocked in at 7,610 miles per hour. so its rainbow dash by like 10 times that of sonic.

Edited by Jade Fire
  • Brohoof 6

The problem with recording Sonic the Hedgehog's actual top speed is that there's a lot of hyperbole in how the games he's been in explain it. In the Adventures games his Light Dash was supposedly supposed to move him at light speed, which I don't really see being a thing for him. And the whole Super Sonic thing is supposed to increase his speed one thousand fold, so that would make his top speed > ~765,000 MPH if that's the case but it's not really believable. I consider Rainbow Dash at her normal flying speed at least able to keep up with Sonic's normal running speed but without rainbooms and chaos emeralds I don't imagine she could -run- faster than we see Sonic move on a regular basis.

By the way, welcome to MLPF. :P

12 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

The problem with recording Sonic the Hedgehog's actual top speed is that there's a lot of hyperbole in how the games he's been in explain it. In the Adventures games his Light Dash was supposedly supposed to move him at light speed, which I don't really see being a thing for him. And the whole Super Sonic thing is supposed to increase his speed one thousand fold, so that would make his top speed > ~765,000 MPH if that's the case but it's not really believable. I consider Rainbow Dash at her normal flying speed at least able to keep up with Sonic's normal running speed but without rainbooms and chaos emeralds I don't imagine she could -run- faster than we see Sonic move on a regular basis.

By the way, welcome to MLPF. :P

And power rings make him dozens of times faster.

P.S. Hello! :catface:

both, because they both have the same behavior, the interest of running, adventures and etc;

sonic and rainbow dash have something in common and pinkie pie is amy rose. in the episode rainbow dash run away from pinkie pie as sonic run away from amy. 

(edited)

Sonic run fast but we should know that Rainbow Dash can FLY fast. Sonic still can be slow down by difficulty terrain but RD can fly and she has good awareness when she flying (Testing testing 1,2,3). RD only weakness is her idiocy for plot conveniences to let the mundane bad guy catch her and her enemies are usually magical creature with immense power so RD always is the easy one to take down in the group. She even can drag multiple ponies, carry them while Flying. I didnt even mention the legendary sonic rainboom. 

Dont forget Sonic need power rings...

Bonus: Wait a second, remember how she hide the pie before Pinkie eyes in A BLINK, she is not just fly fast, she can move fast too, and WE KNOW PINKIE, the pony can defy physics, cant even comprehend.

Edited by Lambdadelta
  • Brohoof 3

Doesn't Sonic require some kind of gem to give him speed? Even it makes him faster in the end, at least Dash is fast because of her natural ability rather than because of some PEG(performance enhancing gem).

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I believe Rainbow Dash is faster. Sonic without any power-ups or anything is not quite as fast.

I also found this which might help:

63dec23e0f2931d47597afdce5dfb177--just-because-cus-damato.thumb.jpg.60c9203a8ecd83c1ca9e74f4ca45a3e8.jpg.e69ae5b4cc0503f8031d687a6f2551a7.jpg

So even though the last speed seems kind of implausible to some, the first one at least makes sense.

Even though Sonic might be faster with his power-ups, if we just take them without any special add-ons or power-ups (Rainbow Dash already has none), Rainbow Dash is way faster.

So who is faster? With power-ups and boosts, Sonic.

Without power-ups and boosts, and just their own pure natural abilities, Rainbow Dash.

Edited by Soren Peregrinator
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Soren Peregrinator said:

I believe Rainbow Dash is faster. Sonic without any power-ups or anything is not quite as fast.

I also found this which might help:

63dec23e0f2931d47597afdce5dfb177--just-because-cus-damato.thumb.jpg.60c9203a8ecd83c1ca9e74f4ca45a3e8.jpg.e69ae5b4cc0503f8031d687a6f2551a7.jpg

So even though the last speed seems kind of implausible to some, the first one at least makes sense.

Even though Sonic might be faster with his power-ups, if we just take them without any special add-ons or power-ups (Rainbow Dash already has none), Rainbow Dash is way faster.

So who is faster? With power-ups and boosts, Sonic.

Without power-ups and boosts, and just their own pure natural abilities, Rainbow Dash.

they are a cute couple sonic and rainbow dash.

Ok, then let me start... Sonic's normal speed is around 768 mph. That's when he is normal. Now, he can run for a really long time without breaking a sweat. When is is Golden Sonic, he speed is multiplied by 1000. You can do the math on that one. Once he's golden, it's clear to see he is faster. And i don't care that people say he can only last a minute as golden sonic. Go and read the comics and the tv shows and episodes, not only the games. Please. When he is hyper sonic, he goes at light speed. In one comic, sonic ran so fast when trying to stop two missile going at TWO DIFFERENT LOCATIONS, that he FROZE TIME and destroyed the missiles. Now, i am curious to know his speed when he is dark though. But please, sonic has been around much longer, and RD hasn't. I love MLP and especially Rainbow Dash. I truly do. But let's face it, do your research and you'll see Sonic is faster by a TON. Luckily, i can type in more information, but that would be too much.

Now, Rainbow Dash can fly at Mach 10 after she does a sonic rainboom. But she will eventually get tired.

And it takes her 10 or less seconds to do the sonic rainboom. Now, sonic can break the sound barrier with ease in 1 second. I will admit sonic and rainbow dash WILL make a great and cute couple.

On 3/7/2018 at 3:26 PM, Kadeda said:

I think it's Sonic. Sonic doesn't have a top speed. I don't think rainbow can keep up with him if he's serious.

Yes. You know what your talking about. Check out the bottom replies. I list why sonic is faster.

On 3/3/2018 at 10:54 PM, King of Canterlot said:

Rainbow Dash is by far WAY faster and better than sonic :dash:

Okay. List the reasons why. Id like to know. Check out my reasons sonic is faster.

23 minutes ago, Sonic X Rainbow Dash said:

Okay. List the reasons why. Id like to know. Check out my reasons sonic is faster.

I don't really have any reasons, I've just never liked Sonic, but I love RD, so I assume that she'll just be faster and better. She is by far WAY better and cooler than Sonic anyways B)

41 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

I don't really have any reasons, I've just never liked Sonic, but I love RD, so I assume that she'll just be faster and better. She is by far WAY better and cooler than Sonic anyways B)

Ok. I understand. I know Sonic way more than Rainbow Dash though. I still LOVE Dashie here. LOL

On 3/3/2018 at 4:23 PM, Jade Fire said:

People have done the math and Sonic's top speed is unknown, but hes clocked in an average of 765 miles per hour. where as rainbow dash finally showed her top speed in season 7 where she moved so fast time seemed to stand still to get rid of one of pinkies pies, and clocked in at 7,610 miles per hour. so its rainbow dash by like 10 times that of sonic.

Well, Sonic can go to Mach 3 in one second. ( Some say 2) And... Sonic can break the sound barrier in 1 second. So he can go at Mach 3 in 1 second. And he will go faster and faster slowly while Rainbow Dash doesn't. I don't want to offend you. I still love dashie.

1 hour ago, Sonic X Rainbow Dash said:

Ok. I understand. I know Sonic way more than Rainbow Dash though. I still LOVE Dashie here. LOL

Well, Sonic can go to Mach 3 in one second. ( Some say 2) And... Sonic can break the sound barrier in 1 second. So he can go at Mach 3 in 1 second. And he will go faster and faster slowly while Rainbow Dash doesn't. I don't want to offend you. I still love dashie.

Breaking the sound barrier in 1 second!? 
Oh wait
so can RD 

Speed of sound is her casual speed now, Secrets and Pies showed how fast she can go in the blink of an eye.

As for who is faster, it depends. Sonic from most of the games is slower than RD, sonic from some of the shows is slower than RD. Archie Sonic is much faster.

I don't know much about Sonic the Hedgehog, so correct me if I'm wrong in my assumption that there is no explosive or otherwise existent reaction when Sonic runs as fast as he can. However, Dashie can do a Sonic Rainboom, which means that she's actually the one breaking the sound barrier here. Using this knowledge, it's kind of obvious that Dashie goes faster.