Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Sonic or Rainbow Dash Faster?

Dashy 4 Ever

1 hour ago, gamecubeguy214 said:

I watched the entire video, and I couldn't seem to see anything happen when he ran fast. The most I saw was the rainbows coming from his trail at the beginning. If it's there, it's a lot more subtle than the legendary Sonic Rainboom.

There's a little ripple in the air when he shoots off the rock at the time that I linked. It's most visible if you watch the water.

23 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Breaking the sound barrier in 1 second!? 
Oh wait
so can RD 

Speed of sound is her casual speed now, Secrets and Pies showed how fast she can go in the blink of an eye.

As for who is faster, it depends. Sonic from most of the games is slower than RD, sonic from some of the shows is slower than RD. Archie Sonic is much faster.

JESUS CHRIST. I would actually like for you to RESEARCH. Sega said sonic can go at speed of light. Hasbro only said that RD can go faster than the speed of sound. Sonic can go at Mach 3 in 1 SECOND.

23 hours ago, gamecubeguy214 said:

I don't know much about Sonic the Hedgehog, so correct me if I'm wrong in my assumption that there is no explosive or otherwise existent reaction when Sonic runs as fast as he can. However, Dashie can do a Sonic Rainboom, which means that she's actually the one breaking the sound barrier here. Using this knowledge, it's kind of obvious that Dashie goes faster.

I like your humble approach. Sonic can go at Mach 3 in 1 second. Not to mention light speed. I can go on forever but i don't have time now.

On 3/6/2018 at 7:10 PM, bluseymoe said:

Doesn't Sonic require some kind of gem to give him speed? Even it makes him faster in the end, at least Dash is fast because of her natural ability rather than because of some PEG(performance enhancing gem).

OK OK OK. Sonic can go at mach 3 in 1 second. And, he can go faster as he continues to run, AND he can go much faster if he wants too and or if he's mad. These are all without PEGs.

Which Sonic are we talking about here? While I'm not really fond of the mutant Cyclops there are definitely versions of him faster than RD. There are versions slower than her as well. With decades of material there are a ton of different kinds of sonic to sift through here, while RD has comparatively very little variance. 

13 minutes ago, Sonic X Rainbow Dash said:

JESUS CHRIST. I would actually like for you to RESEARCH. Sega said sonic can go at speed of light. Hasbro only said that RD can go faster than the speed of sound. Sonic can go at Mach 3 in 1 SECOND.

Why talk about research when you don't know what you are talking about and I just literally provided proof of her breaking the sound barrier casually without even trying, and in the SHOW, she has feats even faster than that like in Secrets and Pies. Also, different iterations of Sonic are at different speeds. Sonic Boom sonic can't go faster than RD for example.
Throw your fanboy nonsense out the window if you want to have an objective argument. Or just stop with sonic and RD threads.

1 minute ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Why talk about research when you don't know what you are talking about and I just literally provided proof of her breaking the sound barrier casually without even trying, and in the SHOW, she has feats even faster than that like in Secrets and Pies. Also, different iterations of Sonic are at different speeds. Sonic Boom sonic can't go faster than RD for example.
Throw your fanboy nonsense out the window if you want to have an objective argument. Or just stop with sonic and RD threads.

C'mon now. Sonic can go at MACH 3 in 1 second. and he goes faster little by little. And he can go faster if he wants to or if he's mad. And he can go at light speed. And his speed when he is dark is AMAZING. In one episode, eggman built a robot that was faster than sonic. When sonic turned dark, he destroyed the robot in 2 seconds easy, at light speed.

Just now, Sonic X Rainbow Dash said:

C'mon now. Sonic can go at MACH 3 in 1 second. and he goes faster little by little. And he can go faster if he wants to or if he's mad. And he can go at light speed. And his speed when he is dark is AMAZING. In one episode, eggman built a robot that was faster than sonic. When sonic turned dark, he destroyed the robot in 2 seconds easy, at light speed.

Why are you ignoring that I have said RD can casually go mach 1 without trying now and was able to do much more in season 7?

Again, different iterations of Sonic go at different speeds, also wasn't counting Super Sonic or Dark sonic or whatever, just base sonic across his different versions

1 minute ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Why are you ignoring that I have said RD can casually go mach 1 without trying now and was able to do much more in season 7?

Again, different iterations of Sonic go at different speeds, also wasn't counting Super Sonic or Dark sonic or whatever, just base sonic across his different versions

I know she can go that fast casually. Sonic can go at mach 3 casually too, he doesn't even try. Dark sonic is one of his normal forms. Nothing involving gems.

On 3/9/2018 at 8:31 PM, Ryanmahaffe said:

Ok?

On 3/3/2018 at 4:23 PM, Jade Fire said:

People have done the math and Sonic's top speed is unknown, but hes clocked in an average of 765 miles per hour. where as rainbow dash finally showed her top speed in season 7 where she moved so fast time seemed to stand still to get rid of one of pinkies pies, and clocked in at 7,610 miles per hour. so its rainbow dash by like 10 times that of sonic.

765 mph is mach 1. Sonic can run at mach 3 in 1 second casually. This is all in his base form.

Why is a debate on whether Sonic or Rainbow Dash is faster getting heated

If Sonic can really go at light speeds, I'm pretty sure that's only with the light shoes which I'm pretty sure is a Sonic item. In this case, he'd be faster than Rainbow Dash, but can he consistently go at such a speed without using any special equipment? I don't know for sure, but I would assume that totally raw Sonic with no enhancements for his speed would max at the speed of sound. I mean, his name is Sonic, not Light.

If it is the case that unenhanced Sonic's max speed is the speed of sound, the math done that Rainbow Dash traveled 7,610 miles per hour in Secrets and Pies takes the cake. I'd really like to be proven wrong on my information about Sonic though, because I don't know much about Sonic myself but I still want to join in and see if I can prove that Dashie is faster because Dashie is the best ever.

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2018 at 3:50 AM, gamecubeguy214 said:

Why is a debate on whether Sonic or Rainbow Dash is faster getting heated

If Sonic can really go at light speeds, I'm pretty sure that's only with the light shoes which I'm pretty sure is a Sonic item. In this case, he'd be faster than Rainbow Dash, but can he consistently go at such a speed without using any special equipment? I don't know for sure, but I would assume that totally raw Sonic with no enhancements for his speed would max at the speed of sound. I mean, his name is Sonic, not Light.

If it is the case that unenhanced Sonic's max speed is the speed of sound, the math done that Rainbow Dash traveled 7,610 miles per hour in Secrets and Pies takes the cake. I'd really like to be proven wrong on my information about Sonic though, because I don't know much about Sonic myself but I still want to join in and see if I can prove that Dashie is faster because Dashie is the best ever.

Hey, I'm kinda over this post but, I'll be calm this time. Nobody knows Sonic's precise accurate speed. His normal, raw speed when he is normal, is around mach 4. When he is golden sonic, his speed is multiplied by 1000 and can go fast enough to stop time. 

2 minutes ago, Sondash Studios said:

Hey, I'm kinda over this post but, I'll be calm this time. Nobody knows Sonic's precise accurate speed. His normal, raw speed when he is normal, is around mach 4. When he is golden sonic, his speed is multiplied by 1000 and can go fast enough to stop time. 

fact is sonic is faster than rainbow dash when sonic is in his caso form

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:18 AM, BronyNumber42licious said:

Grammar clarification. Is Sonic or Rainbow Dash faster than what? Did you mean, is Sonic faster than Rainbow Dash?

Sorry. That's what I meant. This was my first post on Poniverse.

Edited by PathfinderCS

• 3 years later...