Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mane 6 in all of us

Crimson Starlight

I know this has probably been discussed until the cows go home but after binge watching MLP I'm noticing a bit of every pony personality in my self.

We have Twilight sparkle, she is the perfectionist in me, the book worm and the one who loves doing things by the book. I tend to be OCD with a lot of things and struggle with it.

Then we have Rarity, I do tend to be rather self absorbed but generous to those close to me.

Pinky Pie, well shes the party animal that tries to see the positive side of things, one of my biggest challenges in life to be honest.

Flutter Shy, now I can relate to this pony, I'm usually the one to pet the puppers and floofs at a party and keep to my self.

Rainbow dash, as much as I love her I don't posses her confidence but do try grab the bull by the horns and force my self to get out there.

And then there is apple jack, Hard working and family orientated, well I wish I was harder working but I'm really family orientated. 

Hos do you see your personality falling in the mix ?

(edited)

I thought this post was interesting because it's like you've got two categories: characters you resemble, and characters you admire and want to resemble (Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and half of Applejack).

That's probably why people find the Mane Six engaging.  They're relatable, but also admirable.  Like realistic role models  :) 

Edited by 'Orse Radish
  • Brohoof 2

I don't often think of myself when I think of the Mane 6, but now that I've seen this thread and giving it some thought, there are some shared traits.

I can be focused and detail-oriented like Twilight.

Generous (at times) like Rarity.

Umm, okay, not very much like Pinkie.

Quiet like Flutters (but not shy, just introverted).

Confident like Rainbow, but not brash.

Focused on a job well done like AJ.  

I guess to one degree or another there's a little bit of these characters in everyone. It's a nice thing to think about.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I've noticed it's the same for me:

Like Rarity, I'm a generous person by heart. I always have been. :D

I admit I have very mild OCD about certain things, and I like to keep things organized, picked up, clean, like Twilight. Oh and yes, I enjoy stargazing and astronomy from time to time. ^_^

And Pinkie Pie? Oh yeah, I'm a lot like her. :lol: I'm a total party animal, and once you get to know me, I can be very hyper at times, I'm an extrovert, I can be totally weird, I love laughing, along with making those I love laugh, I enjoy anything fun and exciting, I'm very enthusiastic, and yeah I can be very annoying. I'm also a prankster. 

Now for Flutters. Let's see, I love animals and nature, and I am very kindhearted, or at least I try to be. :fluttershy:

Applejack is another pony I can relate to, A LOT. I'm very stubborn, honest, and I've always been a country girl at heart. Hard-working? I am when I wanna be. :smug:

And now, Rainbow Dash. I'm also a lot like her. I'm very competitive, VERY competitive. I hate losing, and I'll admit I can be very prideful. I'm a tomboy, a speed junkie, I tend to procrastinate a lot, and I never give up easily. :sneer: 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

Oh, I love this topic! It definitely deserves more attention and love. :fluttershy:

Twilight Sparkle: I love to learn as well, the difference is just that I prefer to make my own experiences and not to use books for that. But I have especially in common with her, that friendship is super important to me. She enjoys to sort her books (and other things) in a logical way, I'm like that too. Everything needs to be accurate.
Applejack: She cares and loves her family so much, I would be like this in the right family too. :coco:
Rarity: I share with her the perfectionism. We both like everything to be tidy and clean. :darling: We pay attention to the smallest details.
Fluttershy: The love for animals and we both like to be in quiet places and nature. And we both enjoy tea and picnics. The last thing we both want is to hurt anypony, it would make us feel bad for a very long time. :( I really have a lot in common with her, I was also the most shy and anxious person there is, no joke. But we both became braver over time and overcame most fears. Fluttershy finds things extreme that are normal (or even less) to others, I'm like this too. :squee: Our bars are at the same height, if that's a good way to phrase it. But this makes us enjoy all the small things in life. :)
Rainbow Dash: Finally I became a loyal friend too. :coco:
Pinkie Pie: I definitely have in common with her, that we are okay with about anything, as long as it's not evil nor causes any harm. We both are completely open-minded, very acceptive and not judgmental. We both are also nonchalant about many things. We consider a lot of things normal, that other people or ponies would easily find annoying or getting otherwise emotional. :fluttershy: Or we do a lot of things that are unusual or unexpected. It's often hard or impossible for others to understand us. It's just her spirit, she is super relatable! When Spike sings in the stadium, everyone felt so much cringe. Only Pinkie was happily swinging her head to the song, as was I. :pinkie:

It's mostly about the mane 6 in these topics, but I still wanna at least mention some other ponchos. :squee: Starlight Glimmer of course! :wub: We are both not perfect and we have the same kind of humor. <3 Cadance, since we are both all about "love". :love: Inky is actually the best representation of my own personality. We both have literally everything in common, but that's easy to say, since she didn't had much screen time. The episode with her was fantastic, Lily Lace and Starstreak are just as amazing! :eager: But I digress, haha.

I’m probably a mix between Pinkie and Fluttershy in a sense that I always want to make people smile and I try to be as caring as I can be. But because they’re all my favourites, if I can be anything like the six, I must be doing something right. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Twilight Sparkle: I have a desire to learn new things and get very excited about them. I can get very anxious about things like being on time and interacting with people in large social groups. I can be a leader but I get overwhelmed by the task at times.

Fluttershy: I can be very shy but I can learn to adapt over time. I’m scared to speak out but I will do so when necessary. I feel it is very important to be kind to everyone. I sing alone more than I sing to other people.

Pinkie Pie: I can be very energetic around friends. My hair is wild and crazy most of the time. I desire good, strong friendships. I’m a bit odd at times but usually I take pride in that.

AppleJack: I’m hard-working and consider family a huge priority. I can get stuck in my work if I just have to get it finished. I try to be practical whenever possible.

Rarity: I’m very artistic and live to create. I can be a little dramatic at times. I have a sibling who is kind of annoying and always caring. I try too hard to please everyone at the expense of my own sanity.

Rainbow Dash: I’m very loyal to my friends and family. I’m forced to learn things the hard way sometimes. I like to goof around with friends. I try my best to be uplifting to others.