Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things we need to see before the show ends!

FirePuppy

(edited)
2 hours ago, Mystic Brush said:

You know what i wanna see before the show ends?

A closure on bat ponies. :sealed: A species that was cannon since season 2. The show is near to it's end and, yet we have absolute no knowledge on the species. People had to twitter Lauren for a few answers. But, that just isn't enough. We need more than that. :(

Um... Diamond and, Silver were reformed from being bullies remember? You know when, the CMC got their cutie marks?

I like to think that bat ponies doesn't technically exist as species. There is a bat pony magical mutation, probably a recessive trait in Fluttershy genes.

The bat ponies (the ones that you are probably thinking about) are proven to be as fancy Royal Guard uniforms.

SS and DT are reformed that's true, however they aren't used at all in the show after their reformation

Edited by Rebellious Rainbow

13 minutes ago, Rebellious Rainbow said:

I think that bat ponies doesn't technically exist as species. There is a bat pony magical mutation, probably a recessive trait in Fluttershy genes.

The bat ponies (the ones that you are probably thinking about) are proven to be as fancy Royal Guard uniforms.

SS and DT are reformed that's true, however they aren't used at all in the show after their reformation

Like I said about the tweet....They apparently are a separate species.

1.JPG

I don't know why you guys are creating a TIDAL WAVE of secondary characters only episodes 'cause every season, the Mane Six wil always be the main stars of the show. In fact, I don't ever want to see more than one episode in a row where ALL Mane Six ponies are completely absent.

Remember, it's not normal for a certain character to suffer an unknown fate, like in Disney movies.

Well the thread was originally about what you personally felt "we needed" for the show before it ended, and others are just simply giving their opinion of what they'd find cool and or want.

I would like to see two more Cutie Map episodes.

One where Celestia and Luna are called by the map to solve a Friendship problem

Another with Discord and Tirek being called by the map.  Yeah, have those two solve a Friendship problem.  How's that for a Cutie Map episode?

Wind Rider returning and forcing Spitfire into revenge mode by badly hurting Rainbow Dash

Starlight Glimmer taking on her own student

Well, I for one I'd love to see the following:

-Since Nicole Dubuc is the head producer, I wouldn't mind Lilymoon and Ambermoon

-Pony Flashy 

-Alicorn lore expansion

-Explore more about the founders, as Hurricane seems to no longer be the only stallion among them :dash:

-McFlurry saving the day

-Scootie's lesbian aunts 

-One last work on Toon Boom Harmony 

-GOD, DAMN, BAT, PONIES :unamused:

Are there even any more loose threads to tie up? I mean, next season is straight-up introducing a conceptual gimmick, so I think we're well past the area of "what needs to happen" and more into the realm of "what do we do now?" 

In that case, let me introduce a few things I think would be really cool to see:

• An episode focused more directly on Rainbow Dash's career, perhaps revolving around an upcoming show. And perhaps the same for Rarity. Maybe they could intersect!
  • Along the same lines, I am interested in something else being done with Fluttershy's animal sanctuary. Perhaps some sort of administrative issue could be presented as a friendship problem. 
  • I really don't know where Applejack can go from here. Maybe something sports-related could come up with her; surely she has interests outside the farm. 
  • Spike reiterating his comfort with living in pony society, because apparently the last time he came to that conclusion wasn't enough for you people.
  • Lightning Dust reformation! There's so much potential. 
  • Also, Babs Seed returning for something or other. What's going on with the Manehattan CMC, anyway? I'd read a comic about that. 
  • An episode which provides Princess Cadance with more robust characterization and character development. And maybe I'd be more interested in this from a comic, but I'd like to see something of her hometown and adoptive family.
  • Twilight making peace with her responsibilities as a princess and beginning to develop healthier expectations of herself. Alternatively, Twilight abdicating, but perhaps that's too much to ask. 
  • Rarity finally telling Spike that a relationship is probably not going to happen between them. More broadly, fewer jokes about Rarity taking advantage of Spike's crush. 
  • Also, Spike spending time with mane six characters aside from Twilight and Rarity. They seemed friendly in the first few seasons, and I'd like to see those relationships developed more. 
  • An episode involving Rarity's parents, and another for Fluttershy's parents. Give Fluttershy's parents actual names. 
  • At least one more episode revolving around flashbacks to the mane six's pasts, preferably their teenage years. 
  • I'd definitely like to see more about Scootaloo's family. Where are her parents? Who are her aunts? There's some pretty easy episode potential there. 
  • I'm still waiting for Celestia and Luna to spend a slice-of-life episode together. 
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, AlexanderThrond said:

Are there even any more loose threads to tie up? I mean, next season is straight-up introducing a conceptual gimmick, so I think we're well past the area of "what needs to happen" and more into the realm of "what do we do now?" 

In that case, let me introduce a few things I think would be really cool to see:

• An episode focused more directly on Rainbow Dash's career, perhaps revolving around an upcoming show. And perhaps the same for Rarity. Maybe they could intersect!
  • Along the same lines, I am interested in something else being done with Fluttershy's animal sanctuary. Perhaps some sort of administrative issue could be presented as a friendship problem. 
  • I really don't know where Applejack can go from here. Maybe something sports-related could come up with her; surely she has interests outside the farm. 
  • Spike reiterating his comfort with living in pony society, because apparently the last time he came to that conclusion wasn't enough for you people.
  • Also, Babs Seed returning for something or other. What's going on with the Manehattan CMC, anyway? I'd read a comic about that. 
  • An episode which provides Princess Cadance with more robust characterization and character development. And maybe I'd be more interested in this from a comic, but I'd like to see something of her hometown and adoptive family.
  • Twilight making peace with her responsibilities as a princess and beginning to develop healthier expectations of herself. Alternatively, Twilight abdicating, but perhaps that's too much to ask. 
  • Rarity finally telling Spike that a relationship is probably not going to happen between them. More broadly, fewer jokes about Rarity taking advantage of Spike's crush. 
  • Also, Spike spending time with mane six characters aside from Twilight and Rarity. They seemed friendly in the first few seasons, and I'd like to see those relationships developed more. 
  • An episode involving Rarity's parents, and another for Fluttershy's parents. Give Fluttershy's parents actual names. 
  • At least one more episode revolving around flashbacks to the mane six's pasts, preferably their teenage years. 
  • I'd definitely like to see more about Scootaloo's family. Where are her parents? Who are her aunts? There's some pretty easy episode potential there. 
  • I'm still waiting for Celestia and Luna to spend a slice-of-life episode together. 

And nothing at all for Pinkie? That's just awful!

On 3/5/2018 at 12:53 PM, FirePuppy said:

I doubt most (but not all) of those will happen.

Hey now, you don't have the market cornered on self-indulgence. 

On 3/5/2018 at 4:42 PM, FirePuppy said:

I don't know about a Trixie/Maud episode. Chances are kind of unlikely by the official staff. But I guarantee you will see a Starlight/Trixie episode in Season 8.

See above. 

Every few weeks I post this list somewhere. So ... I'll just pick one at random. 

Lightning Dust returning. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I think we need to learn how Starlight received her cutie mark. It's the last piece of the puzzle for putting together her mess of a past. After that the show can feel free to do whatever it wants with her, I'll be satisfied.

Edited by KH7672

27 minutes ago, KH7672 said:

I think we need to learn how Starlight received her cutie mark. It's the last piece of the puzzle for putting together her mess of a past. After that the show can feel free to do whatever it wants with her, I'll be satisfied.

That doesn't seem like a bad idea!

2 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

And nothing at all for Pinkie? That's just awful!

I knew I was missing something. She's in the same boat as Applejack, honestly: I don't really know what's next for her. Maybe she could start her own bakery, but I dunno if there's much of a story in that which we haven't seen before. 

• Brohoof 2

On 3/6/2018 at 8:31 PM, AlexanderThrond said:

I knew I was missing something. She's in the same boat as Applejack, honestly: I don't really know what's next for her. Maybe she could start her own bakery, but I dunno if there's much of a story in that which we haven't seen before. 

We didn't know what was gonna be next for Rainbow Dash or Rarity either when there were only 7 seasons. But I know they're getting more episodes than the others in Season 8.

So in Season 9, they'll have to move out of the way for sure.

5 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

We didn't know what was gonna be next for Rainbow Dash or Rarity either when there were only 7 seasons. But I know they're getting more episodes than the others in Season 8.

So in Season 9, they'll have to move out of the way for sure.

Rarity and RD at least have their careers to provide obvious story ideas. They’re also my favourites so I wouldn't mind them being the most prominent for the rest of the show.

(edited)
1 hour ago, AlexanderThrond said:

Rarity and RD at least have their careers to provide obvious story ideas. They’re also my favourites so I wouldn't mind them being the most prominent for the rest of the show.

Well, it may not happen. Someone once told me that RD and Rarity may still get a lot of attention in the next season just due to popularity among the writers. But guess what? They did not!

Also, out of the 10 possible duos within the Mane Five (minus Twilight), only Pinkie/Fluttershy still remain with barely anything, while ALL THE REST (as well as Starlight/Trixie) will each have had at least two episodes, knowing those leaks.

Edited by FirePuppy

Can we PLEASE can some sort of history or backstory on Celestia and Luna? Or just more information on alicorns in general. I would love to see the canon clear up all these questions we have about flurry heart and alicornhood...

On 5/3/2018 at 11:08 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Well, I for one I'd love to see the following:

-Since Nicole Dubuc is the head producer, I wouldn't mind Lilymoon and Ambermoon

-Pony Flashy 

-Alicorn lore expansion

-Explore more about the founders, as Hurricane seems to no longer be the only stallion among them :dash:

-McFlurry saving the day

-Scootie's lesbian aunts 

-One last work on Toon Boom Harmony 

-GOD, DAMN, BAT, PONIES :unamused:

no the stupid pony flash. the fans broke their hearts 

On 6-3-2018 at 12:34 AM, They call me Loyalty said:

Let's see...

• Twilight realizes she doesn't need to help everybody to feel better about herself, and finds happiness in the simple things of life as a librarian. Giving a big middle finger to Celestia.
  • Spike gets frustrated over Rarity, and breaks away from his toxic relationship with twilight, that was keeping him from maturing as a male dragon. He grows up rapidly and leaves Ponyville with fond memories.
  • Rainbow Dash gets in an accident and is unable to fly anymore. Then overcomes depression with the help of Scootaloo, whom she now sees as an inspirational figure. Both take on a career as a professional skateboarding team, becoming closer than ever.
  • Applejack switches for a mariachi hat, but realizes she's too afraid of change and buries it close to grannys grave. She ponders at night whether she's a boring person or not, while thinking of her brother.
  • Granny Smith suffers a heart attack when Big mac confesses being gay and wanting to become a drag queen in Las Pegasus.
  • Pinkie Pie becomes normal thanks to antipsychotics, after a depression caused by pancreatic failure, and finds peace with pinkamena whom she had kept suppressed through the abuse of sugar. She discovers the relief of allowing herself to be sad, and cries with sincere happiness before dying.
  • Rarity turns hippie, embarking on a spiritual journey when she realizes how empty her life is, beyond superfluous appearances and pretentious social demeanor. Also going crazy in the process of shamanism, and discovering a truer meaning to her innate magic. She grows into a wiser woman.
  • Fluttershy watches over the safety and well-being of the ever freeforest in the form of a golden dragon, or a tree.

P.S. Starlight discovers she was trying too hard to be somebody else, and finds no justification whatsoever on the past to be any other than herself. She returns to being her old antisocial self and actually finds comfort with it, while knowing she will always have friends.

So you want Granny to die? Rainbow to have a handicap? Spike leaving everyone he loved and feeling terrible in the process? Twilight to ignore her responsibilities as a princess and Celestia to get angry about it? And Starlight to throw away what she worked for? :confused:

On 6-3-2018 at 10:42 PM, AlexanderThrond said:

Exapt for Babs Seed, I agree with these. And maybe instead of only seeing Rarity's and Fluttershy's parents, all the mane 6 parents. :dash:

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Hierok, Scoffer of Music said:

Exapt for Babs Seed, I agree with these. And maybe instead of only seeing Rarity's and Fluttershy's parents, all the mane 6 parents. :dash:

Well, I was particularly keen on Rarity's and Fluttershy's parents because we've seen the least of those families. Pinkie's haven't had such a focus episode either, but they also don't seem like they have as much to offer. With that said, I'd also really like to see bigger roles for Pinkie's family, specifically Limestone and Marble. 

12 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

Well, I was particularly keen on Rarity's and Fluttershy's parents because we've seen the least of those families. Pinkie's haven't had such a focus episode either, but they also don't seem like they have as much to offer. With that said, I'd also really like to see bigger roles for Pinkie's family, specifically Limestone and Marble. 

Indeed. I wished they had a bigger role in Rock Solit Friendship. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

On 3/6/2018 at 4:42 PM, AlexanderThrond said:

And to add to that, how about a Scorpan/Tirek reunion episode? And a Spike/Starlight episode? :D

24 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

And to add to that, how about a Scorpan/Tirek reunion episode? And a Spike/Starlight episode? :D

I didn't really include any Starlight things because I don't like her that much at the moment and don't have that much interest in hypothetical storylines involving her. With that said, I'd like to see something done with her kite enthusiasm. 

I'll be happy for you if you get your Scorpan/Tirek reunion episode, but (despite what I've heard about future episodes) I'm perfectly content with Tirek never coming back. The deep lore isn't really why I watch this show. 

• Brohoof 1

Oh, oh, and before the show ends I really hope they actually explain what the Cutie Map actually is, how it works, and why everyone obeys it. I honestly can't believe they've taken this long. 

Edited by AlexanderThrond
  • Brohoof 1