Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What's the worst movie you've ever seen?

GlitterMoon

Avatar: the Last Airbender (the theatrical feature obviously) 

Sharkboy and Lavagirl, The Devil Inside, all of the paranormal activity movies (well the ones for some reason I hoped would be good), and The Last Exorcism.  

• Brohoof 1

Well, one of my "wonderful" trips to Bolivia, I had to watch a local movie that was hyped over there. They've portrayed the people with the now non existent positive they LOVE to brag about. Guess I just got offended because my experience taught me the whole opposite 

3 hours ago, Northern Light Flyer said:

When I was REALLY little, I saw Ferngully: The Last Rainforest in school. It's basically Robin Williams going Bat Shit Crazy.

And Tim Curry being a pollution-god version of Dr. Frank N. Furter.

1 hour ago, A.V. said:

And Tim Curry being a pollution-god version of Dr. Frank N. Furter.

And then of course there's the Big Lipped Alligator Moment.

17 hours ago, Northern Light Flyer said:

When I was REALLY little, I saw Ferngully: The Last Rainforest in school. It's basically Robin Williams going Bat Shit Crazy.

That's quite a coincidence, I was just watching part of it on Netflix :wacko:

Probably Chicago. I hated every single character in that movie and it had zero redeeming features. I know Unleash The Magic in Friendship Games took a lot of inspiration from He Had It Coming, but still I hate it.

Another one I'd consider is Brimstone. It had its good bits, the acting was good, the cinematography was good, the one English girl who had some lines in Dutch was damn good because I seriously thought she was Dutch...but the plot was horrible and could have been resolved in five minutes. Honestly, they had the bad guy at their mercy several times throughout the story, and not once did they bother to finish him off. I really wanted to walk out halfway through the movie.

Lastly, ignoble mention to Movie 43. It's just bad. All of it. Even jokes which had some merit were drawn out so long they lost all their appeal. It's horrific, made worse by the great actors playing in it.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like a lot of people are picking well known movies that they didn't like. But I think most of the movies mentioned are passable and not "the worst." There are a lot of really bad independent films. 

I'm not a movie fan so it's hard to pick one. Pretty much all horror movies are bad, I would say.

Jack and Jill. It's easily the worst film I've ever seen; even worse than Birdemic and Sharknado 2. It was unbearable, cringeworthy, obnoxious, lazy and stupid, and is the only movie I've seen so far that I'd give a 0/10 to.

Well my mom made me watch the Last Airbender once, just to prove it was a bad movie 

we immediately returned it to Redbox after the infamous pebble dance scene came up

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

The absolute worst movie I've ever seen has to be I Killed My Lesbian Wife, Hung Her on a Meat Hook, and Now I Have a Three-Picture Deal at Disney. Yeah yeah I know it was a short satirical film made by Ben Affleck, but still has to be the worst.

As far as an "actual movie" I would have to say Beasts of the Southern Wild. I don't care how many people liked it or thought it was a masterpiece, I found it to be boring, pointless and a waste of 93 minutes.

Probably the Room, though I'm not sure it counts since it's a hilarious experience and is great for all the wrong reasons.

I haven't watched too many movies, but I surely have least favorites! :unamused: My top 3 least favorites would have to be... (in no particular order)

1. Plan 9 From Outer Space

2. Wonder Woman

3. Suicide Squad

I really, really don't like any of these, but I'm not sure I could rank them in terms of how much I dislike them. :unamused:

The Emoji Movie.

Here's a fun game. Watch The Emoji Movie, take a shot every time it's cringy, then go to the hospital for alcohol poisoning. Actually that's not very fun. I'm sorry.

On 3/6/2018 at 3:19 AM, Narcissus said:

Hateful 8 and pretty much everything made by Quentin Tarantino.

This opinion made me irrationally angry. But still, though I disagree with what you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it.

I'm surprised nobody yet said The Master of Disguise. There are so many things wrong with that movie. If it's supposed to be a comedy film, then I don't know what to say. It was supposed to be Dana Carvey's comeback vehicle and boy, did it disappoint. He only starred in two films after that, not helped by a botched heart surgery which limited Carvey for a while.

• Brohoof 1