Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Movie classified UA in India.

FirePuppy

The Central Board of Film Certification (that's India's motion picture rating system) has classified My Little Pony: The Movie a "UA". According to Wikipedia, UA films can contain moderate adult themes, that is not strong in nature and can be watched by a child under 12 only with parental guidance. These films contain moderate to strong violence, moderate sex scenes (very little traces of nudity and moderate sexual detail can be found), frightening scenes or muted abusive and filthy language.

There is also a U rating (which the film did NOT get). Films rated U are fit for unrestricted public exhibition and are family friendly. These films can contain universal themes like education, family, drama, romance, sci-fi, action etc. Now, these films can also contain some mild violence, but it should not be prolonged. It may also contain very mild sexual scenes (without any traces of nudity or sexual detail).

By the way, Cars 3 was given a U rating, but My Little Pony ended up with the UA (and I don't know why!). Here's your proof:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/english/movie-reviews/my-little-pony-the-movie/movie-review/61590086.cms

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/english/movie-details/cars-3/movieshow/61274403.cms

Why are you so obsessed with the ratings the movie gets in random countries? First South Korea then India. What’s next? Tibet? Uraguay? Atlantis? Fraggle Rock?

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

Why are you so obsessed with the ratings the movie gets in random countries? First South Korea then India. What’s next? Tibet? Uraguay? Atlantis? Fraggle Rock?

I'm just concerned about the kids around the world that will have issues with admittance to certain movies in their areas.

• 1 month later...

Maybe it's just an interest of his. I'm interested in dead things, and the history of death, funerary rites from different cultures and their processes. Are you interested in that? I also am very interested in Jazz, Swing, and Classical Music, are you? I also love Animation History and the entire process of Animation..... do you?  I love sampling, collecting and buying different stocks of wine and adore talking about bouquet, body, overall flavour upon the palate---does that interest you?

Not to be sarcastic, making a point, maybe it's just something he enjoys. I personally find it very interesting the rating systems and information on banned movies. While we may not understand why, it gives us a look into other cultures, and the way they view the world and what their perception of realities based upon their views and ideals.