Technology Smart TV or streaming device?

If you have one, what type do you have (Roku, Chromecast, smart TV, etc)? What services do you tend to use the most on it?

I have a 32" Insignia smart TV, with Roku as the built-in platform. I use Netflix and Plex mostly. I use Plex to connect to my brother's home-hosted media server, which loads pretty fast considering he has 1Gbps fiber.

Register now to remove this ad.
  • 3 years later...
(edited)

My TV is kind-of "smart", but I do not use those functions. I just use a PC connected to that TV. Or some other video source, like a VCR or a laserdisc player. I also have an IPTV STB that I use to watch live TV. Other than live TV (and live TV archive), I watch files or recordings on physical media.

Edited by Pentium100
  • teacup 1

• 2 months later...

I watch streaming shows on PS4. I get Netflix, VRV and Prime Video (which sucks) for a few more days until it expires. That’s about all I need it for.

I prefer to do most of my viewing on dvd or even my old VHS tapes. There's a lot of rare stuff there that I can't get anywhere else. 

• Hug 1

Smart TV? Streaming services? No such thing here. Only internet I can get is tethering 4g lte off my phone.