Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How open are you about who knows your a brony

Unity

My girlfriend is aware i watch the show but knows nothing about my admittedly limited involvement in the fandom.

Outside of her i have a few friends that were well aware of my pony related shenanigans from like 2011 and i even still talk to a few of the friends i made in the community around then. 

However after all the people i knew left this fandom around the time the third season ended i have completely stopped talking about the show with them. So as far as most people in my life are concerned, i no longer watch cartoon horses.

• Brohoof 2

I don't hide it from anyone ever. My family and friends all know I'm a pegasister and they're ok with it. But I guess being a girl fan of the show is a plus, because really no one cares if a girl is into a show about colorful, magical horses. :lol:

• Brohoof 3

I don't go around advertising it, but I also don't hide it. It is one of those things that just never seems to have any reason to come up anywhere. If someone asked me some of my favorite shows or cartoons or something maybe, but they don't so no.

I do have a room mate though that is very intolerant of it though and truly loathes it all despite knowing nothing about it. We have had a couple of "discussions" about it in the past. You can't change some viewpoints or opinions though.

• Brohoof 2

I hide it to the point of just bluntly denying that I like the show if anyone asks since I want to minimize the risk of getting laughed at. A few years ago I'd still feel content about letting others know but nowadays that has more or less turned into plain shame.

im a nerdy 27 year old girl/woman, i can get away with being a fan of MLP. I do not hide it at all. I pretty much let the world know im into it. My work desk has Twi and Derpy on it, my collegue has a young daughter who is so into MLP and my family are in on my obsessions. This year they bought me a ton of MLP merch for my Birthday. My non brony friends are cool about it too. Seriously get no hate for it as its classed as a nerd fandom like Star Wars or Doctor Who.

• Brohoof 1

I never tell anyone ever. Unless they check my Netflix account there is no way to know. I don't collect plush or pillows. I don't believe in stuffed animals or decorations of stuff i like. I keep my interests either in video games or digital world.

• 5 weeks later...

I don't hide that I'm a Pegasister. Why would i? I don't wear a sign around my neck proclaiming it as one of my many interests, but the same goes for anything else I'm into. Most people who know me also know I'm into MLP. Their reactions are not much different that if I told them I was into breathing air. It just ain't no big thing. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I think most people I have told have forgotten already. It is not the biggest of deals to be a Brony. It used to be, but not anymore. It seems Furries are getting more attention

Edited by Splashee®
Fixed a spelling
  • Brohoof 3

It's not 2013, so it's not a big of a deal now. I don't talk about being a brony, but I don't hide it neither

5 minutes ago, Splashee® said:

It seems Furries are getting more attention

Yeah, furries have much worse reputation and you can actually be easily bullied

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

I've only told one of my sisters about it. I haven't told my other sisters or parents but they know I like it. I rarely talk about MLP in real life and I keep most of my merchandise hidden. So I only would discuss MLP with someone who already knows about me being a brony. Everyone else will have to figure it out for themselves. :mlp_yeehaa:

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I more or less told my older brother last weekend, while showing off some of my pony art. It wasn't such a big deal. The big Brony craze is pretty much over by now.

• Brohoof 2