Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Legends of Dragons (Orchestral)

Ocean Melody

Ok

Hate to tell you this but the feeling of being with dragons is not present in this piece. It is more of a classic Zelda or smash bros game. What you really need to do is hook yourself up with upper grade instruments that can help you convey your ideas and thoughts better. Your woodwinds were the only strong instruments but then again, dragons need more brass and percussion. On the topic of percussion, reverberated timpanis, gongs and cinematic drums would work best here. 

Furthermore, you limited yourself to the i and the iv knowing you’re in the key of d minor, which is a great choice for a key if you’re dealing with dragons. However, by limiting yourself to two chords, there was hardly any room to develop your ideas. You need a four chord progression to help you with your idea development. Some suggestions of progressions are: 

iv-VI-III-V

i-III-VI-VII

III-VI-VII-V

There are many more suggestions I can give you. 

All in all, this piece could use a ton of work possible redo. You need to work on conveying and developing your ideas. Remember, I’m always here to help. Don’t get discouraged by my critique, as it takes a lot of practice and work, but soon, you’ll become the best you can be.