Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Nintendo Direct March 8th

Luigi

14 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

There was also nothing Fire Emblem related to be found in the direct. Oh well. I suppose I'll just have to wait until E3 for that.

I really hope that E3 will be Nintendo going all out. They have so much momentum right now and it feels like they have yet to actually capitalize on it. There are still so many questions and quite a few titles that can be announced, but haven't been. Would be sweet if Nintendo decided to do an hour long Direct at E3 and go bonkers crazy. One can dream I guess.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

I really hope that E3 will be Nintendo going all out. They have so much momentum right now and it feels like they have yet to actually capitalize on it. There are still so many questions and quite a few titles that can be announced, but haven't been. Would be sweet if Nintendo decided to do an hour long Direct at E3 and go bonkers crazy. One can dream I guess.

From what I've seen of their release schedule, Nintendo doesn't really have all that much aside from ports and games that are niche at best, with third party developers providing additional ports, niche games, and shovelware. Had the Super Smash Bros. trailer not been revealed, this direct would have been a snooze-fest, but it's all people are talking about, the Smash quotient that is, and that's not really what Nintendo needed. Everything else is either taking a back seat or is being ignored in favour of Smash.

Well guess I won't be playing Smash 4. I don't mind the new one, but seems kinda soon to release one tho :D . I'm excited for the Bowser Inside Story + Jr's Quest or whatever it's named :D . It was already the best M&L so far, playing as Bowser is some real shit, the plus story is a great bonus if it's like Minion's Quest. Too bad it ain't Cap Goomba tho, loved that guy :(  

10 hours ago, Envy said:

Demos,

I am so glad Nintendo is bringing those back more.

9 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

There was also nothing Fire Emblem related to be found in the direct. Oh well. I suppose I'll just have to wait until E3 for that.

To be fair Fire Emblem is the new whore on the block. Nintendo whoring it out every chance they can get for the past few years. I can deal with it not being as over represented as it's been.

6 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

From what I've seen of their release schedule, Nintendo doesn't really have all that much aside from ports and games that are niche at best, with third party developers providing additional ports, niche games, and shovelware. Had the Super Smash Bros. trailer not been revealed, this direct would have been a snooze-fest, but it's all people are talking about, the Smash quotient that is, and that's not really what Nintendo needed. Everything else is either taking a back seat or is being ignored in favour of Smash.

Octopath Traveler has a lot of people excited too.

10 hours ago, Key Sharkz said:

To be fair Fire Emblem is the new whore on the block. Nintendo whoring it out every chance they can get for the past few years. I can deal with it not being as over represented as it's been.

This is something I won't deny has become a problem because it has happened quite often. Splatoon is starting to go down the same path as Fire Emblem which in turn followed the path forged by Nintendo's other franchises. To Nintendo, if they can milk it then they will until it's no longer profitable. Like I said, I'll wait until E3 for new information on the next Fire Emblem.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Ganondorf8 said:

This is something I won't deny has become a problem because it has happened quite often. Splatoon is starting to go down the same path as Fire Emblem which in turn followed the path forged by Nintendo's other franchises. To Nintendo, if they can milk it then they will until it's no longer profitable. Like I said, I'll wait until E3 for new information on the next Fire Emblem.

Zelda at least seems slightly not like that as we basically only really get a new game every 3-4 years and sometimes a handheld game between to tide us over. But Fire Emblem is feels like they are pushing to the realm of it needs to touch EVERYTHING. Gotta get a cross over with SMT, gotta have a warriors crossover, gotta shove 5-6 characters from FE in Smash, etc. Gotta have a mobile game. Like this is a franchise that doesn't have as much history in the west as like Mario or Zelda but is getting almost more representation than them.

21 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

I was really dissatisfied with that too. Hopefully when E3 comes along, we'll get some answer to whether or not Ike will be in Fire Emblem Warriors

22 hours ago, The Coffee Pony said:

@Northern Light Flyer

20180308_162700.jpg

20180308_162852.jpg

20180308_162544.jpg

Does this look like a joke? =P

I'm only being facetious. 

But honestly, Mighty No 9 was rated one of the worst games of it's year by critics.

Why am I always the last one on these forums to notice news like this? I'm a Nintendo gamer and yet I last look at my Switch on Wednesday afternoon before even learning that this was going to happen. How embarrassing! Thanks for letting me know, son. @Northern Light Flyer

Until I see the video myself, DON'T tell me anything about it directly.

I did a quick glance at the highlights and so my only complaint is that I have to wait 2 months to play Hyrule Warriors on the Switch. Oh well, With it coming out later, that will give me more time to make money at my job to buy it and more.

I personally don't mind that some of these are ports. I did sell Captain Toad Treasure Trackers (Wii U) once I completed most of the game and the Main Story, but I never quite 100% it so it would be a great opportunity to play it again and 100% it!

4 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Also we just had a brand new main line Fire Emblem last year, man.

Let the series take a break, and I'm sorry but I wouldn't expect a new one announced for at least another year or so. Franchises become stale and stagnate when they get annual releases. 

3 hours ago, Celli said:

Also we just had a brand new main line Fire Emblem last year, man.

Let the series take a break, and I'm sorry but I wouldn't expect a new one announced for at least another year or so. Franchises become stale and stagnate when they get annual releases. 

Except one was announced to be released this year though nothing is known about it. Frankly, I would prefer them to add a second round of DLC to Fire Emblem Warriors so that other games outside of the big three can be given proper representation.

6 hours ago, Key Sharkz said:

Zelda at least seems slightly not like that as we basically only really get a new game every 3-4 years and sometimes a handheld game between to tide us over. But Fire Emblem is feels like they are pushing to the realm of it needs to touch EVERYTHING. Gotta get a cross over with SMT, gotta have a warriors crossover, gotta shove 5-6 characters from FE in Smash, etc. Gotta have a mobile game. Like this is a franchise that doesn't have as much history in the west as like Mario or Zelda but is getting almost more representation than them.

Until Awakening came along, Fire Emblem had always been a niche franchise and was on the verge of coming to an end. Awakening and Fates combined revitalized the franchise with Echoes and Heroes being more for veterans who've played the older games and their respective characters. Again, Nintendo love milking things until it can't be milked anymore and yet we're used to them doing it.

5 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Except one was announced to be released this year though nothing is known about it. Frankly, I would prefer them to add a second round of DLC to Fire Emblem Warriors so that other games outside of the big three can be given proper representation.

Until Awakening came along, Fire Emblem had always been a niche franchise and was on the verge of coming to an end. Awakening and Fates combined revitalized the franchise with Echoes and Heroes being more for veterans who've played the older games and their respective characters. Again, Nintendo love milking things until it can't be milked anymore and yet we're used to them doing it.

To be blunt: it's still niche-ish to be real. Which is why it's so confused as to why they are treating it like it's Zelda or Mario. Fates and Awakening sold well for a FE game, but they are far from ground breaking with just around 2 million sales... And Fates not selling much more than 2 million kind of shows that the series is not really growing THAT fast. I think Nintendo WANTS it to be like the next Mario/Zelda level game but it's clear that it still only appeals to slightly larger than niche.

I think this is why people are so confused, because FE is not selling more than 2 million units a game, but it's being treated like Mario who sells over 8 million units on just the Wii U Mario Kart.

11 hours ago, Key Sharkz said:

To be blunt: it's still niche-ish to be real. Which is why it's so confused as to why they are treating it like it's Zelda or Mario. Fates and Awakening sold well for a FE game, but they are far from ground breaking with just around 2 million sales... And Fates not selling much more than 2 million kind of shows that the series is not really growing THAT fast. I think Nintendo WANTS it to be like the next Mario/Zelda level game but it's clear that it still only appeals to slightly larger than niche.

I think this is why people are so confused, because FE is not selling more than 2 million units a game, but it's being treated like Mario who sells over 8 million units on just the Wii U Mario Kart.

Another reason it lost its niche status is the influx of players who flocked to Awakening in droves all because they included a casual mode where your characters don't die for good and instead come back in the next battle. The perma-death bit was what always kept casuals away on account that it was too stressful for them, but then that was one of Fire Emblem's more interesting charms--it's unforgiving RNG is another matter altogether. I don't mind Nintendo focusing on Fire Emblem but maybe they should hold back a little and allow some neglected franchises their time. They should also hold back on Mario and Pokémon while they're at it but not Zelda as that one is going at a steady pace.

16 hours ago, Celli said:

@Ganondorf8

Releasing new games in a franchise every year is how people get sick of them. Looking at you, CoD.

A classic example of a franchise milked to death.