Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Kadeda

Well, I know this may be a bit of a reach but i recently re-watched a royal problem, and stuff I didn't notice before because of the shock of Day Breaker, I started to notice. Did Day Breaker exist in the real world before? 

Now, one thing that i noticed while watching MLP in general is that Celestia is seen as... (scary i guess)... when she has seemed very lenient in the episodes we have seen. Another thing is that Celestia seems to enjoy chaos... (Treehugger almost got banished to another universe and she thought nothing of it. Actually, she seemed to enjoy it). That is a bit of a dark sense of humor.

However, the biggest reason i made this topic is because... Day-breaker didn't seem like an unknown entity to either of the sisters. Luna knew who she was the second she laid eyes on her and Celestia mentioned that she will never exist again. She could have been talking about nightmare moon but... i don't think so. I actually thought about Daybreaker motivations and remembered the future of the worst world completely desolated... like it's been burned of all life. Could Day Breaker be a reality in this scenario? Could Celestia become the most evil Villian in MLP when push comes to shove? 

• Brohoof 2

Celestia has more depth than meets the eye. One should be careful to remember, that while Luna takes full responsibility for her actions (as any honorable warrior would) by becoming Nightmare Moon, it was largely because of Celestia's neglect and pride.

"My rage is justice for the lonely and the lost." - Nightmare Moon, as portrayed by yours truly.

Daybreaker, therefore, could very well be the worst of the worst. I believe that the story is begging to be told - will Celestia fall to her pride as Luna fell to her anguish?

It is worth waiting for.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Celestia mentioned that she will never exist again.

Probably just meant that Daybreaker would never be a problem beyond that dream sequence.

Edited by Anti-Villain
  • Brohoof 3

I don't think so, I do think Celestia believes it can happen though. Luna was immature and let her own envy get the better of her, and she embraced her inner darkness.
Celestia I don't think would do that. Or whatever the Daybreaker equivalent would be.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, A.V. said:

Probably just meant Daybreaker would never be a problem beyond that dream sequence.

This is what I thought. She will never return again in the dream realm, or material realm for that matter.

On 3/8/2018 at 8:08 PM, Ryanmahaffe said:

I don't think so, I do think Celestia believes it can happen though. Luna was immature and let her own envy get the better of her, and she embraced her inner darkness.
Celestia I don't think would do that. Or whatever the Daybreaker equivalent would be.

But, Celestia is the reason Luna felt that way. It seemed to imply that Celestia didn't really notice anything until it was to late... even in the royal problem, Celestia just seen it as "that's just how she is..."

53 minutes ago, Kadeda said:

But, Celestia is the reason Luna felt that way. It seemed to imply that Celestia didn't really notice anything until it was to late... even in the royal problem, Celestia just seen it as "that's just how she is..."

Is it really Celestias job to constantly check on her grown sister's mental health? yeah, Celestia should have seen the signs but she absolutely does not take the majority of the blame for Lunas turn to the darkness.

11 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Is it really Celestias job to constantly check on her grown sister's mental health? yeah, Celestia should have seen the signs but she absolutely does not take the majority of the blame for Lunas turn to the darkness.

I never said she did, i just stated the reason Luna felt that way was because of Celestia. That doesn't mean that i think Celestia should take the blame for it.

4 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

Daybreaker was a fear Starlight had in a dream, like Celestia said, she'll never turn into Daybreaker, but, it was cool seeing Daybreaker vs Nightmare Moon.

Daybreaker seemed more of a manifestation of Celestia than Starlight. Daybreaker was just poking at Celestia the whole time completely ignoring Starlight for the most part.

Or what makes the most sense is that it's a combination of Starlight and Celestia fear.

3 minutes ago, Kadeda said:

I never said she did, i just stated the reason Luna felt that way was because of Celestia. That doesn't mean that i think Celestia should take the blame for it.

Well, it wasn't just Celestia, it was the ponies ignoring her and loving Celestia as well, and Luna in turn took that anger out on her sister (and would have taken it out on her subjects once she came to power)

Just now, Ryanmahaffe said:

Well, it wasn't just Celestia, it was the ponies ignoring her and loving Celestia as well, and Luna in turn took that anger out on her sister (and would have taken it out on her subjects once she came to power)

How does that have nothing to do with Celestia?

Imagine, if you will, what would have caused Celestia to turn into Daybreaker if the Rainboom never happened.

Here's what I think would be possible triggers for her transformation into Day Breaker would be:

1) Being pushed too far by Nightmare Moon and being forced to kill her own sister, which in turn will cause her to mourn her loss, followed by grief-induced insanity that she will NEVER be able to come back from & deciding that the best way to save her subjects would be to kill them all BY FLASH FRYING ALL OF EQUESTRIA!!!

2) If killing her sister off doesn't turn her into Daybreaker, then it would be Discord pushing her too far to stop him & forcing her to flash fry his @$$, followed by extreme pride in herself that she protected her subjects by killing off Discord.

3) If the first two don't do that, then King Sombra trying to conquer Equestria with extremely lethal force will push Celestia to the breaking point and be forced to use her full power to kill him off, which may require her to transform into Daybreaker.

4) if the first 3 don't push her that far, then Tirek stealing most of the Magic in Equestria will MOST likely push her into flash frying him & then force herself to become a monster to protect her subjects, only to end up killing them in the process of killing off the next threat to Equestria.

Basically, she needs to be pushed off the deep end regardless of who she's up against if she were to transform into Daybreaker in a timeline where the Rainboom never happened.

Edited by Dante_Wubbington
  • Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

Daybreaker was a fear Starlight had in a dream, like Celestia said, she'll never turn into Daybreaker, but, it was cool seeing Daybreaker vs Nightmare Moon.

You got that right I even made a topic about that saying Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker go head to head in this heated battle 

• Brohoof 1

On 3/15/2018 at 10:15 PM, Dante_Wubbington said:

Imagine, if you will, what would have caused Celestia to turn into Daybreaker if the Rainboom never happened.

Here's what I think would be possible triggers for her transformation into Day Breaker would be:

1) Being pushed too far by Nightmare Moon and being forced to kill her own sister, which in turn will cause her to mourn her loss, followed by grief-induced insanity that she will NEVER be able to come back from & deciding that the best way to save her subjects would be to kill them all BY FLASH FRYING ALL OF EQUESTRIA!!!

2) If killing her sister off doesn't turn her into Daybreaker, then it would be Discord pushing her too far to stop him & forcing her to flash fry his @$$, followed by extreme pride in herself that she protected her subjects by killing off Discord.

3) If the first two don't do that, then King Sombra trying to conquer Equestria with extremely lethal force will push Celestia to the breaking point and be forced to use her full power to kill him off, which may require her to transform into Daybreaker.

4) if the first 3 don't push her that far, then Tirek stealing most of the Magic in Equestria will MOST likely push her into flash frying him & then force herself to become a monster to protect her subjects, only to end up killing them in the process of killing off the next threat to Equestria.

Basically, she needs to be pushed off the deep end regardless of who she's up against if she were to transform into Daybreaker in a timeline where the Rainboom never happened.

Could've been anything. Maybe having Twilight as her student was more important than we thought. Sunset doesn't have the greatest memories of Celestia either and eventually ran away and turned evil. Maybe it's closer to happening than we could ever imagine.